Real Techniques Instapop Eye Brush Duo

Instapop Eye Brush Duo

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

These eyeshadow brushes are supposed to keep fallout at a minimum and therefore give you a better color payoff. They're denser than the other RT eyeshadow brushes. That's helpful for picking up a good amount of product. Also I love how they are cut. It really helps with application. I applied an UD Moondust eyeshadow (pressed glitter) with the smaller brush and it did a difference: Fallout was still there but less than usual. Plus after I applied the eyeshadow over the lid, I saw not much left on the brush which is a good sign that not much product stays on the brush. The bigger brush I used for a creamy, high pigmented concealer. Blending was really good, I got the promised high coverage that I always wanted from that concealer. Yet I found that this brush keeps some more product of that creamy product. But I shouldn't write bad things since these are made for eyeshadow and not creamy products (even the creamy eyeshadows are not that creamy). Since I'm a sucker for an intense color payoff I recommend these for everyone who wants a faster Get Ready in the morning or in general. Pressed eyeshadow, even glitter is easier to apply with this duo.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'd give these 2 brushes 3.5 lippies if I could. They're okay enough but not great. I'd never heard of the "Instapop" duo and just stumbled across them for cheap at Marshall's. I figured I'd nothing much to lose as I like the other RT eyeshadow brushes I have. This duo consists of a larger and smaller brush, very much like the RT Domed Shadow and Shading brushes from the original releases (before it seems RT just started releasing a whole bunch more stuff - much of it unnecessary and not very good) except that both of these have an angle cut to the bristles. I don't really understand the reason for this angle or what, exactly, it is supposed to achieve that is superior to the original 2 brushes I mentioned. There is next to nothing on the packaging to explain what makes these brushes superior or necessary - just "extreme taper for full lid coverage + extreme taper for targeted pigment or glitter application". I've only used these with regular pressed shadows and I was not impressed with how they picked up and deposited colour; perhaps I need to try them with loose pigments and more problematic glitter shadows (time to dig Maui Wowie out from where it sits, unused). If these brushes make Maui Wowie useable/wearable, they will be worth the few bucks I spent on them - in fact, they'll be worth a whole lot more. I will report back after I've tried this.

Popular Makeup Brushes