Essence Kiss The Mermaid Lipstick

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is very similar the the color changing lipstick from Lipstick Queen. They even have the play on words: Essence Kiss the Mermaid / Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor. I have always wanted to try Lipstick Queen color changing lipsticks since I like It Cosmetic's Je Ne Sais Quoi color changing lipgloss, but I don't want to splurge on another novelty lipstick. I was stoked to see Lipstick Queen lookalike this for $3.49 at Ulta. I was not expecting much as I needed a filler item for claim my Ulta rewards points. I figured I don't have much to lose. However, this was a pleasantly surprise.

Pros:
Nice formula,not sticky
Cheap
Color changes to a subtle violet
Nice blueberry scent
Stains a lips a little bit

The color change is good on me, tints my lips just slightly to MLBB with a pop of violet hue. Color changing lipstick results can vary for everyone but I lucked out with this one.

Cons:
Doesn't last long
Packaging looks like it's made for a child (maybe that's supposed to be the audience)

I took a lippie off because it's not a life changing, HG status product, but it is fun to have in the collection. The packaging reminds me of the Maybelline Baby Lips tubes, but with a white cap and a pink bottom. To me, it seems like a 4 year old Disney Princess lover's dream packaging. While I'm not a fan of the packaging, I don't care since it's so cheap.

This is not exactly a lipstick: it has the longevity and texture of a lipbalm and the color hue of a lip stain. If you're expecting a pigmented, waxy consistency from a lipstick, this is not it.

I would re-purchase as this is a great value, and will probably try the other colors.