4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

When I got it, it was in a combo pack so it was a pretty good price. For those whose eyelashes droop with mascara, this one doesn't help because it's not as pasty or quick-drying as other mascara. It's very liquid-y but gives a very solid black - especially if you really coat it on. This is my personal choice of mascara and I've tried a lot of other mascaras.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

3 months ago

Personally, I really love this mascara. If your eyelashes naturally go straight down and you curl them, this might not be the mascara for you since it's pretty liquid-y and less pasty like other mascaras are. It doesn't clump as much when adding another coat for those who hate clumpy lashes. Plus, it actually shows up black unlike some mascaras that are a grayish color. It as a good value since it came in to the two pack at Ulta.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

3 months ago

Love this! When I first opened it, I was so disappointed because of the big, fat brush. I'd never had a good experience with such brushes because I'd always miss my eyelashes and put mascara everywhere else.. but this is really easy to apply! It has a pleasant smell, is kind of liquid and very easy to make a natural look or build up to something more dramatic. Stays on the eyelashes the entire day (and night), only con is that I've yet to find this in a waterproof formula and the price..

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

3 months ago

To be honest, I mostly bought this because it was in a 2 for $20 gift package at Ulta, and I figured it was a good deal. I tend to switch up my preferences when it comes to mascara rather frequently (I have no idea why), but right now, this one seems to be ticking all the boxes. Normally, it's a bit pricey for my tastes at $19 a pop. If you can find these on sale, it's worth picking it up. Otherwise, I can't see spending that much on a single tube considering how often it needs to be replaced. But the full price is really the only negative I can think of. I really like this mascara. The brush is big and poofy, but I don't find it to be unwieldy at all. I always have to do a little clean-up with a cotton swab after my mascara dries just because of the shape of my lids and the way my lashes curl naturally. So having to clean up a little along the lash line is not a fault of the mascara. The brush does a great job of separating my lashes and coating them thoroughly. The taper at the tip makes it easy to get the tiny lashes in my inner corner, and it doesn't cause any clumping on the lashes at the outer corner. I'm able to create a nice fanned-out look. The rest of the packaging is nice. It looks simple and classy, and the stopped in the tube takes enough product off the wand that I don't have to scrape it off and waste product. The formula is wet, but not tar-like. It takes a moment to dry, but as long as it doesn't clump my lashes, I don't mind. It's quite black, which I enjoy, and I find it to be rather volumizing without looking like spider legs. It's a bit lengthening as well, which I enjoy. My lashes are thin and sparse, but somewhat long. This mascara makes them look naturally voluminous, not crunchy or heavy. My lashes also continue to feel soft throughout wear, and I don't notice any shedding upon removal like I do with other mascaras. It's a pretty gentle formula and I appreciate that. I will definitely repurchase when there's a sale going on. I don't know that I'd pick this up at full price since, as I mentioned before, I don't think mascara is worth a high-end pricetag due to the need to replace it so frequently. Also, this is a vegan formula that isn't a gloopy mess, so that's a plus!!

About reviewer (513 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 months ago

Gone are the days when a sweep of any old mascara would make my (teenage/twenties/thirties) lashes look good - these days they need assistance from a good quality product. Read some reviews for this and gave it a whirl - well, hey ho - it’s a truly great one! It’s nice and black, very volumising, the brush does a surprisingly good job of separating considering it’s quite big and bushy. Lashes still feel relatively soft when it dries (unlike some where they set like concrete) and it comes off really easily with a face wipe. Haven’t experienced any smudging, flaking, clumping or irritation either. I thought I had used it up pretty quickly as it was getting dry, but I gave the brush a good old stir round inside the tube and it has completely brought it back to life - still going strong ages later. Packaging is classy too. Another good thing is that you can often find it on offer :)

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

a year ago

I have a few things I look for in a mascara so my review is centered around these items. Long story short I LOVE this product. I need something that doesn't bother my eyes by smell, flaking, itch, cause floaters to get in the corner of my eyes, and at the end of the day I want it to still be in place and not have melted off or around. I only wear a soft touch mascara and cant stand a hard stiff feeling type of eye makeup. I don't want makeup remover to have to take anything off, and if I cry or get caught in the rain I want it to dissolve and not run off. All that said here are my feeling about Lashtopia TM by bareMinerals: It covers all the items on my checklist, so I absolutely love it and recommend it. It goes on smooth, no clumping, no smell, and gives volume. So much volume!!! It does lift and separate my lashes so they look thick and real. (I have tiny short guys) The pigment is rich and intense but stays where I put it from morning to night. Flawless look that lasts. My eyes lids seem to produce a lot of oil that washes away most products I've tried, but not this one. My eyes aren't bothered by it at all and there is no gas cloud around my eyes to cause discomfort. Its my new go to product. The other product I've used for years is gifted by Tarte, and I'm liking the Lashtopia better. Before I went green liked the Estee Lauder Big and Lancome Hypnose Baby Doll Lashes & Get up and Grow from Almay & Sephora - brand mascaras. If that gives a frame of reference. I've learned to stick with the all natural products with being so sensitive, and oily around my eyes.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGray

a year ago

I'm really enjoying this mascara...it has a thick natural brush that gives good volume. I think Lancome Monsieur Big is a bit better but it's still a very good option. update: This mascara is actually just as good as Monsieur Big! I'd give them bot 4.5. Lashtopia is that really nice inky black :)

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

2 years ago

Ok, I’ll admit it - I love a rather dramatic lash! Even though I use generic Larissa, I prefer a darkly pigmented, volume building mascara that doesn’t clump. Not a simple request as I’ve found out over the past 10 years in my search for the perfect mascara. I thought I had found it when Lancôme came our with Monsieur Big; a great mascara, but expensive with a tendency to thicken in the tube far quicker than its price justifies. It was time for a new tube so went online to Sephora to order. There was an add for a new mascara by Bareminerals at half the price I normally spend. I do well with their products so figured I’d give Lashtopia a try. Wow. I would never have believed it, but I have found my HG mascara. For everyday, I use one or two coats and get a nice dark, volumized lash without clumps. For extra oomph, I use Lancôme lash primer first and get lashes that defy any fake lashes. The wear is phenomenal without flaking or smudging. While not waterproof, I find it lasted very well while I teared up at a graduation, yet removal with remover is a snap. Honestly, there’s not a thing I don’t like about Lashtopia. 6/9/28 UPDATE. Still love the mascara, but the wand and case - meh! The wand now comes out with too much mascara so I have to scrape it off at the top of the tube. This results in an awful lot of wasted mascara and the buildup on the wand causes clumping. Back to $$ Monsieur Big courtesy of Lancôme 9/21/18 UPDATE. Thought I’d give this one more try. No luck with the goopy, clumpy wand.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age56 & Over