The Ordinary - Buffet + Copper Peptides 1%

No Image

3.8

on 10/23/2018 9:03:00 PM

I used up one bottle of the original buffet and when the new formula with copper became available, I figured why not. I use this every morning after toning and let it absorb while having breakfast. After breakfast I would put a sunscreen on before heading out of the door. I've used up half of the bottle - I don't see any drastic improvement in my skin but I like the way this applies and sits with my skin. It's also convenient to carry around while traveling due to the small size of the bottle. I will continue to use this unless I find a great alternative for my morning routine at this price point.

on 9/18/2018 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I fucking hate this product. I never return things but I'm pretty sure I'm going to return this, even if I have to pay the return shipping back and lose out. It's that bad. I don't even remember the last time I was this disappointed in skincare.

PROS: It has a blue tint, which I was worried about, but it goes on completely clear. My skin also likes the ingredients in the original Buffet the last time I tried it. It gives me a more rested look.

CONS: This dries tacky and shiny and these qualities poke through or make other products less compatiable. It makes my regular sunscreen of the moment, Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 55, PILL and not dry down matte anymore or feel set by itself, even when it's high in silica. It literally changes my sunscreen to something I hate. It also causes this even when I put a moisturizer inbetween the sunscreen and the serum! It's terrible for makeup too and it doesn't matter how much you use. I've tried using 3 dots on my face (tacky and shiny, like my face looks sweaty), applying it to a damper face (tacky and shiny), couple drops on my hands (tacky and shiny), 2 small dots on my hands applied sparingly (drier feeling, but still tacky, still incompatible with product on top). Had another family member try it because I was starting to feel insane. Same reaction for them. Who is using this product? I wanted to use this during the day but that is impossible. Terrible formula. It also breaks me out I'm pretty sure. I've tried to back off it and then return and I pay for it.

OTHER: This serum is a diva. Due to hydrolysis reactions, you can't use it with vitamin c (maybe derivatives?), acids, or high strength antioxidants. What else is left? Oils? Moisturizer? More peptides? It's a little limiting and I don't need additional feeling on top of the tackiness. You should know this before purchasing.

OVERALL: I remember liking the original Buffet but after this experience, I'm not sure I'll even chance trying that again if there is any chance it'll be this tacky.

on 8/6/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for several months now every night and have gone through about half a bottle. I don't see any immediate difference in my skin but based on research the effects of copper peptides are more long term, as they help build collagen. Copper is also supposed to be an anti-inflammatory. Again I can't really speak to this effect as I don't have much redness or irritation in my skin. I used to have some slight rosacea and flakiness on my chin but those conditions have gone away since I've upped my skin care game over the past couple of years. I do enjoy using this product and it helps with dehydration. It's not too sticky but it's not really an issue in the p.m. since I apply other products immediately over top. It is more expensive than the regular version of the Buffet serum but still pretty affordable considering what you get.

on 5/19/2018 11:55:00 AM

The new Buffet + Copper Peptides 1% is a new spin on the original formula of The Ordinary's Buffet for those looking to add some additional peptides into your skincare routine. I was taken aback initially by the vibrant blue color this serum has, but it is a nice shade so I'll take it. The texture is the same as the original Buffet and the ingredients are the same with the exception of the addition of these added Copper Peptides. There is promising research showing that these peptides are very similar to the ones we produce so they are supposed to be extremely firming and good for anti-aging regimens. Drunk Elephant uses these in their eye serums. The cost of this new Buffet is about double the original so you have to make the decision if you want to spend the higher amount just for these Copper Peptides. It also depends how fast you go through a bottle and what your anti-aging needs are. I will purchase this again because I really like the formula, and the fact that it is fragrance free makes me enjoy using it even more. My review video can be seen here:

Video Reviews & Tutorials