3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

This is the best mascara I have ever used! I love the Smashbox Super Fan mascara - it's one of the most important products in my makeup bag and just the trial size goes a long way. Lucky to have good eyelash/hair genes, I have naturally long and medium-thick eyelashes - so I'm very choosy over the mascara I use. I've gone through mascara after mascara, looking for one that doesn't weigh down my eyelashes, make them look fake or too thick or spotty - THIS is the one. I highly recommend giving the trial size a go - definitely worth it! And a little goes a long way with this mascara!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Medium

3.0

7 months ago

This mascara is not usually the kind I'd choose for myself, but the travel size came as a free sample so I'm trying it out anyway. I'm usually a length + definition over volume kinda girl, so this took some getting used to in terms of application. First of all, this dries down quick. Like you need to be continuously applying coats with no pauses because the minute it dries down, you will not be able to add more coats without it seriously clumping everywhere. Second, because it dries quickly, I've found the longer I use this, the more dried clumpy bits are on the mascara brush when I pull it out. It makes application a pain because I'm constantly trying to avoid them. It gives decent volume, fantastic curl (definitely lives up to the name), pretty lousy length, and good definition is achievable but only if you're willing to be put effort into the application. It's easy to remove with micellar water, and even with my oily lids and humid climate, it doesn't smudge or flake on me. However, it takes only the slightest amount of water or tears for it to start breaking down. Also, the tinier than usual packaging + huge wand situation coupled with it drying so quickly makes me think it will not last as long as other travel sized mascaras. Overall, it's an ok mascara. If you're into length and definition like me, this is definitely not the right mascara for you, but even if you're into volume and drama, I think there are way better mascaras out there, especially for the price. Will not repurchase or recommend.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0
from

8 months ago

I was given a sample of this mascara, which I was very excited to try. I really like the brush, it has rubber bristles, is not that horribly bulky as some mascaras, and it has a very tapered shape, so it's easy to reach all the tiny lashes in the corners of your eye. The formula is thin, but no too thin, and not clumpy at all. It coates the lashes nicely and separates them immediately, while giving length. With the first coat, you have a nice daytime look, nothing too dramatic. But with the second coat you can really add volume as well and get that wow-evening effect. I never tried three coats, so who knows how far it will build! I have quite long lashes myself, so I don't know how it will work if you have short lashes. It also doesn't transfer at all. It did remind me of the Maybelline lash sensational mascara, one of my favorites. However, the great drawback is that it starts to flake after a few hours, say 6-7. In the evening I have tiny specks of mascara all around my eyes, and that's a big no for me. My eyes are quite sensitive so I really don't want any pieces flying around and ending up in my eyes. Maybe that's my luck, since this mascara isn't cheap. Back to Maybelline then...

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

10 months ago

I got this as a 100 point perk and regretted my points purchase. I like the way it makes my lashes look but on me it starts flaking after a few hours. Does not remove easily with a cleansing balm like most other mascaras I have tried and irritated eyes upon removal.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

Call me a super-fan. I have 3 other mascaras on rotation (Benefit Roller Lash, UD Super Curling, Maybelline VolumExpress Falsies) and this one has done what no other mascara has ever done: Not smudged on my lower lids half-way through the day. Do you know how many times I find myself wiping off inky black smudges from underneath my eyes??? Frequently, and daily. This mascara solved an inconvenience that I no longer have to deal with. In fact, I like the separation and definition SuperFan gives versus my trusty Roller Lash, and it applies like silk. It doesn't clump up at the tips of your lashes as some mascara tends to do.

About reviewer (192 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I love this mascara! The packaging caught my eye (the slick thin red tube stands out in a chic way) and the wand is great! I love how it’s not too big and the formula isn’t too wet that it’s gloppy and clumpy. My lashes look thicker and more defined- happy I haven’t had any flaking either. I find the price for a dept store mascara on the reasonable end- around $20. I really love this and hope they keep making it.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other

2.0

a year ago

This didn’t work for me. It looked good, but it is so wet and takes so long to dry that you have to be careful for a good 20 minutes after application. I also found that it started to flake a bit after 10ish hours; I expect my mascara to last a full 18 hours and this doesn’t come close.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

from

a year ago

Great! The wand allows it to give length and the "fan" effect without clumping. Would recommend!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Brilliant, just brilliant. Nothing more to say.

About reviewer (314 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

Was talked into buying this mascara at Sephora when I was asking for a mascara that covered all bases: length, volume, curl, definition, no smudging, no clumping, no flaking. Well this mascara succeeds in most of those categories. Where it falls short is volume. It actually comes through on all other fronts, even curling. The brush is great. Small and delivers the mascara in a smooth even effort. Nice glossy black. I got a beautiful fanned effect just as the name suggested. But alas no volume. Decent price for high end at $22. Came off with cleansing oil and regular cleanser. I would recommend if you can live without extreme volume.

About reviewer (1591 reviews)

Age56 & Over