Glossier Lash Slick Mascara

Glossier Lash Slick Mascara

4.1

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara was a big disappointment for me. For reference, my HG mascara has been Benefit Rollerlash. I was hoping this would have similar effect for a cheaper price. Unfortunately, this mascara wand doesn't grab and desperate my lashes like Rollerlash and it clumped my lashes (I have very fine lashes). The wand also transferred mascara on my upper eyelid and I found black flakes under my eyes after a few hours. Will be returning!

on 8/15/2018 7:59:00 PM

Meh. Nothing really outstanding about this mascara. To echo what other reviewers have said - if volume is your thing, this ain't it. It does darken nicely, and stays put all day - I also like the packaging alot and while some cheaper mascaras do better, at least this wasn't a huge financial gamble. To me this is the sweatshirt and shorts of the mascara world - fine on the weekends or when function is a priority over impact. It's a casual look.

on 7/13/2018 2:00:00 PM

Like one of the previous reviewers, my fave mascara is UD Perversion and I measure every mascara I try against it. Perversion is an inky dark, wet formula, and the brush is fat and traditional (i.e. not plastic). It gives a nice dramatic look that I don't find to be 'too much.' Lash Slick is pretty different from it but I still really like it.

It has a drier formula and has a little bit of drag when you apply, which is a personal pet peeve of mine since it just gives me the willies but it's not too bad tbh. (That's why I normally stay away from plastic wands.) It takes slightly more time to build up, and the effect is more natural (obviously the Glossier aesthetic is at play here) but you will get fluttery butterfly lashes that aren't A Look. You will look pretty. There is more length enhancement than volume, but you'll still get some volume. I like the way it feels on, and it doesn't smudge or flake at all during the day. I will say that removing it isn't a perfect process, it comes off in flakes/chunks, and I often wake up in the morning with giant black flakes all over my face but this is better than having it happen ~when it matters~. It's also not as black as I'd like, but I have olive skin and dark hair/lashes, so I need a truly dark black for absolute lash perfection. They only make one shade currently, so I assume they wanted to make it as universal as possible. They'll probably expand the shade range eventually.

The one area where it outperforms Perversion is that it doesn't smear under my eyes. I have to make sure there's no cream under my eyes and wear primer there too if I want my beloved Perversion to look its best on long, hot days, but Lash Slick stays where you put it.

I recommend this, and would buy it again if I was in the mood or want free shipping—I'll probably stick with Perversion because I like it a smidge better and I can get it in-store.

Sidenote, the Glossier order containing this mascara got messed up—I ordered 1 x boy brow, and 1 x lash slick and 2 boy brows got shipped to me (no lash slick). The Glossier customer service team could not have been nicer or more helpful. They immediately sent me the mascara and let me keep the extra boy brow for no charge, and also covered the mascara shipping. They even followed up since I didn't respond to their last email (because it was 4th of July and I was...busy). I know the brand gets a lot of hate but boy brow is my absoute fave brow product and they have some other standout stuff too (I also love their clear lipgloss).

I think the Glossier packaging is cute, but it's not 100% well-made, and they could take some of the $$ they put towards pink bubble pouches and stickers and make it better. j u s t m y t w o c e n t s

on 7/10/2018 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I’m really loving this for everyday wear! I’m normally a Tarte Lights Camera Lashes user, but I was placing an order and added this mascara to try it out. Stays on all day with no flakes or smudges, which can be a problem for me due to oilier skin. It doesn’t provide a ton of volume, but emphasizes length and definition. It’s a little wet going on and takes a few minutes to dry down. But I’m liking the results for daytime wear!

on 6/25/2018 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Before I found this, my HG mascara for the last 4 years has been Urban Decay Perversion. My goal has been thick fluttery, lashes with no clumps that look like hair. I could achieve that with Perversion as long as I was careful, but if I wasn't I would sometimes get a clumpy look. What I'm trying to avoid with mascara is that waxy, 10 lashes stuck together look. When I first heard about Lash Slick I wasn't interested, I usually want volume, this is a lengthening mascara, just not my thing. But then the reviews starting coming out and the pictures people were posting had this really nice look. Defined, longer, a little thicker but not that obvious mascara look.

So I bought it and that's the look I got plus a little more volume if I layer it. It also provides some curl on its own, and its great for holding the curl set in by an eyelash curler. The stopper on the tube distributes all the product you need. No need to wipe off excess. I don't usually like the plastic brush mascaras because they tend to clump the lashes together, but this one is fine enough that it separates all my lashes and is great for getting those lashes in the inner corner and awesome for the bottom lashes. I think this would look really good paired with false lashes for a more dramatic look.

It doesn't flake or wear off until I take it off and removal is so easy. All I need to do is rub my lashes between my fingertips with warm water, but wiping with oil based remover, which I need to use anyway for the rest of my face, takes it off easily too.

on 6/24/2018 8:21:00 AM

First of all, I’m Lancôme Monsieur Big kind of girl... I like my lashes to be big and bold and with a curl. But with Monsieur Big I have to use a lash curler to achieve this. I decided to try Lash Slick as I wanted the free shipping (who doesn’t?!) but really didn’t have too high hopes as it’s not usually what I look for in a mascara.

... however, this has converted me. What Lash Slick gives is amazing separation, zero clumps, and best of all a curl! I no longer have to curl my lashes and save myself 2 mins extra now! I naturally have long lashes just with little natural curl, so I think if curl and amazing length is what you’re after then this is for you. Voluminous is not what this is, however, but you can get it with 2-3 coats which I’m not too bothered about.

If you’re interested in this then you can save yourself 10% with this code —> http://bff.glossier.com/jmxDh

on 6/23/2018 1:33:00 AM

This mascara is not working for me at all. It provides ok length and separation, but zero volume. In fairness to it, I much prefer a more dramatic lash, and I probably should not have relied on Glossier to provide it since they are all about a more natural, clean look. Anyway, the bigger problem I have is that it can make my lashes stick out in weird directions, and it actually does flake off on my lids below my eyebrows. I had a big black speck on my eye for a couple of hours today before realizing it. I will give it a few more weeks to see if the formula changes, but I am not optimistic. I would not repurchase.

on 6/22/2018 6:32:00 PM

I've always struggled with finding a good mascara, I felt like the LA Roche-Posay one was the best I've tried in a while until I got this bad boy.

It's not a thick formula, but it applies easily, rarely clumps, and has little fibres to help thicken and lengthen the lashes. It lasts all day and never causes any smudges under my eyes. It's a little harder to remove but not impossible, so I typically start with an oil cleanser to help break it down. The brush is sturdy and really helps separate the lashes, and allows you to have either a natural you but better look, or build it up more for more dramatic length.

The packaging is also really good, not only is the tube sleek and simple, the wand is you pull it out is cleaned off perfectly from any extra unnecessary product - so it never feels like you're using too much product!

on 6/9/2018 4:10:00 PM

This is the only and I stress only mascara that did not give me raccoon eyes. It is not dramatic or terribly volumizing but gives enough emphasis without clumping. I am 78 years old so you can believe I have tried a lot of products on these teflon eyes of mine.

I have tried many mascaras as my problem was always the same, the product would transfer (just below my eyebrow where the lashes touch the skin), even waterproof ones.

Guess what, this one doesn't. It even survives a workout.

And then to remove it just some face washing product and it's out.

This is a length mascara, but with 2 or 3 layers you get a really nice volume on them making your lashes look really really good.

My new holy grail no doubt.