Glossier Lash Slick Mascara

Glossier Lash Slick Mascara

Not tested on animals

on 6/9/2018 4:10:00 PM

This is the only and I stress only mascara that did not give me raccoon eyes. It is not dramatic or terribly volumizing but gives enough emphasis without clumping. I am 78 years old so you can believe I have tried a lot of products on these teflon eyes of mine.

I have tried many mascaras as my problem was always the same, the product would transfer (just below my eyebrow where the lashes touch the skin), even waterproof ones.

Guess what, this one doesn't. It even survives a workout.

And then to remove it just some face washing product and it's out.

This is a length mascara, but with 2 or 3 layers you get a really nice volume on them making your lashes look really really good.

My new holy grail no doubt.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok. I have to admit, I was crazy cynical when this came out. A LOT of the Glossier range is extremely overrated in my opinion: Gen G, Boy Brow, and their complexion products (except for their blush, but there's just so many good ones out there already). None of it performs the way they claim. But then I saw the review and what I thought would be a generic tubing mascara started sounding intriguing. So I bought it. And I'm very happy that I did.

It doesn't make you look like you're wearing mascara; they advertise it as looking like you just got a lash extension. It's true. It lifts, curls a little bit, and blackens lashes. It's not volumizing, but very defining. It really doesn't flake and is easy to remove with warm water- easier in fact than regular tubing mascaras, which crumble and get inside your eyes. This gets soft again and dissolves.

The design of the tube is just meh- they probably wanted it to look like Chanel Le Volume which I know they live for, but this pink with black looks a bit cheap. I just don't mind because I don't buy stuff for the beauty of the packaging. I'm just saying.

I love this formula so much even bought one for my mom.

on 5/25/2018 9:01:00 AM

My new HG mascarra. It really knocked my other, Chanel Le Volume, out of the Park! Note. Chanel le volume just had too much fragrance added and bothered my sensitive eyes.

Now to note I am not typically a fan of glossier, I find them gimmicky and non inclusive for the most part. 4 foundation shades and concealers? Really? And don’t tell me they are “ forgiving” for being so sheer. As a pale skinned girl I hate hearing that and then finding the color is too dark still. Anyways, they really did hit it off with this mascarra.

If you want seperation and length this is it. The bristles really give you a fanned out look. Not so much with volume but I don’t want volume. It doesn’t make my lashes stiff unless I fall asleep in it and it’s an easy removal in the shower.

All in all it’s an amazing everyday mascarra at a pretty good price.

on 5/16/2018 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wore this for the first time yesterday with no smudging. And I fell asleep on the couch, work up in the middle of the night to wash my face, and my mascara was still holding on strong. This is definitely fantastic for work days when you don’t have time to worry about your mascara smudging down your eyes. It is fantastic for lengthening, and just alright for volume. For me the staying power puts this immediately in with my favorite mascaras.

This is my new HG mascara. It’s definitely for people who want length and separation—NOT loads of volume. If you’re looking for loads of volume then skip this one and save your money. If you want length and colour then go buy this right now because it’s like little extensions in a tube.

It last for hours and hours and when it finally does start to deteriorate it fakes instead of smudges, which is infinitely easier to wipe away. And also it somehow manages to give my lashes a tiny bit of an “uplift” (I wouldn’t go so far as to say curl) which is some kind of witch magic because I don’t think I’ve ever seen another mascara do that. Also the packaging is adorable. I can’t rave about this enough.