Karity Unicorn Dreams Eyeshadow Palette

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Karity is a American indie cosmetics brand and they are cruelty free and vegan. The Unicorn Dreams palette contains fifteen shades, in five different finishes; Pure [taupe microglitter], Spark [white gold microglitter], Gallop [yellow-based green satin], Skye [pastel green matte], Mystical [mint green microglitter], Secret [mauvy magenta satin], Mane [lilac satin-with-microglitter], Believer [violet matte-with-microglitter], fairytale [sky blue matte], Noa [periwinkle matte], Hooves [lavender matte], Magical [medium pink microglitter], Sparkle [icy pink microglitter], Forbidden [mauve matte-with-microglitter] and Forest [medium brown matte].

I've had this palette for a while and have used every single shade numerous times now, and the only issue I've had is that the two blue shades are both drier compared to the other shadows, so Fairytale is quite patchy and has a lot of fallout. Noa can also be a bit patchy too, but nowhere near as much as Fairytale. They are actually my two favourite shades in the palette, so I'm prepared to work with them a bit more & wear less-than-ideal finished looks, but it's something to bare in mind if you are less tolerant when it comes to diva-like shadows.

Sticking to the more full-on glitzy shades; Spark is thinner and is better suited for use as a highlight shade, but the other shades are opaque - I'd only ever use Spark as a highlight shade anyway, so I don't count it's sheerness as a issue. They do have a bit of fallout due to all of the microglitter, but nowhere near as much in comparison as most other microglitter-heavy shadow formulas. I recommend using a glitter glue, or I also find that using a concealer as a shadow base helps stick the glitter to my lids [Revolution Conceal + Define works well for me].

So long as you aren't buying Unicorn Dreams for the shade Fairytale, then I think that the palette is a lovely spring/summer option. If you are particularly looking for a sky blue matte shade, then I'd advise looking elsewhere, as that shade is the only fail in this palette [I haven't found a similar shade anywhere, Waters from the KvD I Am Divine palette is the closest I have].
Noa can be a bit of a pain, but is mostly fine with a bit of building up and extra blending. However the other thirteen shades are all of a great quality and the shades I specially bought the palette for [pink, mauve and purple] are the best quality-wise.

You can order the Unicorn Dreams palette through the Karity site for $25. The international shipping is only $8 - and I didn't get charged with any custom tax. Order processing and Delivery took 7 days, from the US to the UK.