Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black
Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Curved BrushGreat Lash Mascara Blackest Black

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/27/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Gives nice volume and seperation, however the applicator is weird and makes me get product all around the eye. Lasts all day :)

Its got a nice price but the packaging is horrible! Reminds me of kids makeup.

on 8/11/2016 1:09:00 AM

Quite frankly I truly hate this for my upper lashes. It flaked, smudged, and made my eyelashes crunchy. Yes crunchy. The wand is okay, I guess. Definitely not my favorite. I hate returning items until I tried literally every use of it I can think of. I usually have a different mascara for my lower lashes but I tried to use this for them. Let me say this is the only thing this mascara should be used for. I used only a little bit and got the right amount of color and had minimal flaking and no smudging. I now use this for my bottom lashes when I am not in the mood to use my pricier one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Feeling a little "blah" about my usual mascara- Mabelline Full and Soft- I decided to try my old high school favorite again. The first thing I noticed was how tiny the brush is. The next thing I noticed was the the mascara does not go on smooth. It clumps, sometimes on the first coat. Oh, and this stuff is definitely NOT hypoallergenic, at all. On the way to work this morning my eyes starting stinging and watering. I was unable to see for a short time and I'm pretty sure I spent my whole subway ride looking like a cartoon version of "crying woman" with black mascara streaks on my cheeks. I can attest that they really truly have not made a single change to this mascara since at least 1989.

on 12/10/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Yes, I gave this 5 lippies, and I'm shocked, too! I used to think Great Lash was such garbage I couldn't believe anybody would use it. I recall buying it a few times many years ago. I'd had "surprise sleepovers" where I found myself without any makeup come morning, but I had to get to work on time. I'd grab a tube of this at a gas station, then attempt to apply makeup while driving on the 405 freeway, hoping for a Sigalert, to reduce my chances of poking my eyes out. Back then, Great Lash had a curved brush that resulted in the "6 pointy eyelashes" effect. By the end of the day, it smudged all over my face, then disappeared. I'd throw out the tube, only to find myself in a bind, again, and in need of any makeup a.s.a.p.

The other day I got caught under a rain drip as I was leaving a store. Of course it hit me right in the eye, causing my mascara, on one eye, to run all over my face. I was on my way to volunteering in my daughter's classroom, and she would be moritified if I showed up looking like half a raccoon. I had no time to wash off my makeup and start again. The best I could do was try to even out my eyes with a cheap liner and mascara. Great Lash beckoned to me, like an old friend, from a sale endcap at Safeway.I decided to buy a tube to see if I could get it to work its iconic "magic" when I'm not driving 75MPH.

This is great stuff! Maybe the formula has changed, or maybe I just couldn't use that old curved brush, but...I'm shocked. This is BLACK. So many mascaras aren't black enough. It gives my lashes excellent definition and they stand out because the black has so much depth. This doesn't elongate my lashes, and it doesn't really thicken them, but it is top notch...absolutely terrific...at curling my lashes and keeping them curled. My lashes are dark, defined, and they frame my face, not because they are furry or gloppy, but because they are enhanced.

After a couple of hours, this does smudge on my bottom lashes, but, heck, so does Dior. Great Lash is UNDER $5.00! For enhanced, curled lashes, and under $5.00, this is worthwhile. It's not likely to be my everyday mascara, because I do like to add length, but I'll be keeping this around. When I use it as a top layer over my other mascaras, it keeps the curl!

on 8/5/2015 10:22:00 PM

I signed up for an account just so I could rant about how horrible this product is. It clumps your lashes together like no tomorrow, the wand applicator is horribly designed. Even with an eyelash primer (i used 4 different ones), this mascara ruins it all. It's horrible. Whoever designed this should be drawn and quartered because this does for makeup and specifically your eyelashes what Nickleback did for music. It really should never have existed in the first place.

I normally like Maybelline. Their mascaras were my introduction into makeup. I can't believe this thing exists in their product line.

on 8/5/2016 11:57:00 PM

I've been buying this mascara, and the other kinds by this company in the pink tube, since I was 12y and started putting makeup on. I've NEVER found something I like and can rely on nearly as much as this stuff. It comes off easy, which is really important to me, because I have long lashes that I am very proud of, but they seem to come out easily if I apply too much pressure during the makeup removal process. I also have fairly blond/light eyelashes that can't really be seen without mascara, and this product really makes them pop. You have to do slow applications, and space them out a bit, or the lashes will clump a bit. In general though, it's really easy to get a thick bold, and very black set of lashes that are clump free with this mascara, and I trust this line more than most to deliver that!

on 4/21/2015 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

For the price - this is a good beauty bargain. Warning - if it gets old - TOSS IT it can be a stinky, clumpy mess - and for the price you can afford to use and TOSS. I have used this for years (about $4.99 per tube) and it's a great value.

Not a HG by any means - but a decent formula. Darkens more than it lengthens. For length I like DiorShow.

on 2/28/2015 12:34:00 PM

I have used Maybelline mascara, as well as several other brands of mascara, in years past with no problems at all, but for some reason, this particular formula (Blackest Black?) has resulted in a severe allergic reaction in the form of dermatitis on both the upper and lower lash lines and the surrounding skin. My eyes are swollen, itchy, and inflamed, and it is NOT enjoyable.

I am not sure if the content of this article is still relevant, as it was published in 2009, but it discusses similar cases resulting from Maybelline's use of shellac in its mascara at that time. I do not know whether shellac is to blame for the strange reaction that I and approximately 10% of the other customers who have posted reviews have experienced, but it may be worth looking into:

Regardless of which chemical component of the formula is responsible for causing such dermatological irritation, it is egregiously irresponsible of Maybelline to continue marketing this product without a warning, considering that a significant number of individuals have experienced an adverse reaction, a number which far exceeds the four patients named in the case study above.

Anyway, hope this warning serves someone well. If you have a special event coming up, steer clear - the swelling doesn't go down immediately after stopping usage.

It's definitely very black but the formula is very "wet" and doesn't work for me

on 4/6/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When I first heard about Great Lash, I was so excited. Everyone was raving about how well it worked. When I found out it was so cheap I was thrilled. I decided to buy the 'Blackest Black' one because I wanted my lashes to really stand out. The euphoria ended when I tried it. It clumps, smudges, runs and the brush is horrible. When I take the brush out of the container, there is globs of product on it. Also, it doesn't coat all of my lashes evenly. This mascara makes my lashes feel quite heavy, which is awful. Probably the only thing I liked about the product was the packaging, with its cute and classic shape and color.