REVLON HD Lip Lacquer

REVLON HD Lip Lacquer

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this thinking it was a gloss. It's really, a seriously glossy finished liquid lipstick. I mean deep, wet, early 2000's glossy. I actually love it! I think it's Revlon's answer to MAC's Lip Glass.

I purchased the shade Pink Ruby at Walgreen's for about $7. It's a screaming fuchsia hot pink with a blue and purple duochrome flip. Very 80's.

And IT HAS GLOSS. Gloss for days. It looks like a gloss in the tube and on the wand, but applied to my lips with amazing opacity. It's like I applied lipstick and gloss at the same time. The flip was absolutely stunning in daylight, and under florescent lights. It is seriously high impact. With it's texture, at first it was a bit messy to apply. There is a brush applicator instead of a doe foot. It came off on everything, but I did over-apply thinking it was translucent. I'd be light handed with this, and it will bleed into lip lines. It might remove lip liner.

The tube is sturdy, beautiful and you get a lot of product. It feels glass, but not sure. The wand handle is metal finished in chrome. On the top of the wand cap is a big, clear jewel that gives it a designer feel. I like it.

It's worth the money, I'm pleasantly surprised. I will be picking up a few more neutral colors in the line.