CLINIQUE Pep-Start Pout Perfecting Balm

3.5

on 11/8/2018 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Let me start by saying there is really nothing wrong with this product and I usually love Clinique. This is for the shade Guava. It is a bright sheer pink. This does not have a scent; this does not trigger allergies for me. But this is really nothing more than a drastically overpriced lip balm. It is slightly glossy and does not feel sticky (although if lipstick is applied over it, that will result in sliding around).

However it seems too close to just a basic application of petroleum. I can buy a tin of Vaseline lip balm or chapstick for much cheaper and really offered no added benefit from those when this seems a little greasy (just as those can) and it doesn't seem to offer any added benefits.

on 5/8/2018 3:49:00 PM

I am surprised there are no reviews on this product, because it really is a little gem!
I got it cheaper at Marshalls, so I didn't pay the whole price (22 CAD which I think it's a bit too high for what it is), but for the price (around $10) it's great.

I got the shade Guava, a nice baby pink that is the perfect balance between a lip balm (as it is moisturizing) and a lipstick (as it has quite a strong pigment), while also looking like a gloss. I mean, it's got a little bit of everything!

It has decent staying power, but don't expect it to last through eating or drinking.

It has a bit of a chemical scent, but it doesn't bother me in the least: however I would prefer if it really tasted like guava (or any other fruit, for that matter lol).

Will I buy again? On sale, yes. At $22 + tax probably not, but who knows? I really like it!