Neutrogena Hydro Boost Overnight Gel Mask

No Image

3.5

Really good product! Makes skin feel hydrated but not oily. Only use a dime size amount a little goes a long way. I have combination skin and it works well to keep oil from forming in my t-zone. Highly recommend this product.

on 8/6/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Enough for 4-5 uses. Absorbs pretty fast (if thin layer applied), leaves skin moisturized and smelling fresh. However did not see any amazing benefits from this mask...
just average product and probably will not repurchase...

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This mask applies like cool goo on your face. The mask was so uncomfortable to sleep in. It stays gummy for a while. I had to use an exfoliating scrub in the morning to get rid of this. My skin was oily and pink. I don’t use Neutrogena and I’m not interested in testing any other one of their products after this experience.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My pores get clogged so easily, my skin needs no excuses to kick off at the best of times, so I have to try and be careful with what I put on it.
So, the overnight mask! I don’t know about anyone else, but I get anxious when putting something new on my face before bed, the great unknown of what I will wake up to!!
This product come in little pods with a film lid for what I presume is meant to be single use. This is where the issue lies for me…When you apply it to your face, if you really slather it on (I’m guessing you are meant to from the pot size) it doesn’t dry! I could not use a full pod even if I tried, it would be ridiculous! A good thick coating for the first few minutes makes my skin feel all yucky due to the consistency. So off to bed you go, and you wake up with little bits of rolled up product EVERYWHERE.
One pot now gives me about 4/5 uses, I keep it sealed up. I have yet to see any benefits after a couple of weeks of on/off usage, it didn’t break me out however. I much prefer my normal night cream, far less messy

on 5/5/2018 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

63 with combo skin that takes a beating from bha/aha applications. Plus superficial dryness, fine lines and even some wrinkles.

Didn’t think much of this put popped it in my cart. So I tried it and - wow! - this is great! No breakouts, no obnoxious scent, no added essential oils - just a great gel cream that has three or four uses per container. (Seal in a bag though!)

on 5/5/2018 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Overnight Gel Mask is packed in a single used pod like Nugg face masks. This contains a generous amount of product and there is easily enough for 3-4 uses but being that it is intended as a single use, you will either have to tape the seal back over or place it in a sandwich bag for suture uses. They are pretty widely available, which is how I ended up purchasing this, I had wanted the Nugg soothing mask but it has become impossible to find in stores. I wasn't sure if this would work well as I didn't have much luck with the Hydro boost Sheet mask. I was also a bit skeptical of an overnight mask feeling it might be mess and rub off.

My skin is dry to very dry, with the dryness sometimes causing eczema. I was experiencing and eczema flare up and my face was is desperate need of moisture. My skin was parched and flakey to the point I could not wear foundation. I washed and toned my face, then applied a thin layer of product to my entire face. to my surprise the mask dried quickly. I went to bed, and when I woke up the following morning i raised the mask off with plain water and a washcloth. This helped the appearance of my skin quite a bit, and while it didn't fix all of the really dry, flakey areas, it did hydrate my skin. Most of the the flakies on my jawline and forehead were gone, but my nose was still pretty dry

This does have the same soapy/fresh fragrance as the sheet mask version. Although I do have eczema, maks did not irritate my skin, and the fragrance is light. Price wise, these are pretty affordable at under $5USD per "single use" package. Though they are widely avaiable they are not merchandised well and can be troublesome to find on shelves. I would repruchase