REVLON ColorStay Full Cover Foundation

REVLON ColorStay Full Cover Foundation
ColorStay Full Cover Foundation ColorStay Full Cover Foundation

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Mica, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Alumina, Butylene Glycol, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Methicone, Polyisobutene, Propylene Carbonate, Salicylic Acid, Serica ((Silk) Soie), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica Silylate, Sodium Acrylates Crosspolymer-2, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, PhenoxyethanolMay Contain, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Titanium Dioxide [nano].

on 1/14/2019 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Revlon Colorstay Whipped was my HG for years. I'd been scared out of my wits when I'd heard it was being "repackaged". Though they say it's the same thing under different name and new packaging, we all know that it might not necessarily be the same thing. I just dreaded the whole hullabaloo involved in looking for a new HG.

I'm happy to report that despite some alteration in the ingredients (hence it's a reformulation, not merely a simple repackaging), this performs even better than Whipped. It lasts longer on my face and less prone to flake or patch even after 15 hours of wear. At the moment I live in a very humid country with summer all year round and I have oily dehydrated skin.

Two criticism though:
1. Colour Buff is about one shade darker than Whipped's Buff. I think I can still get away with it but some of the old users of Whipped's Buff will be very disappointed.
2. Dear Revlon, please don't use the word "repackaged" when you also alter the formula and the shade(s). At least for Buff.

on 1/12/2019 8:05:00 AM

I can't believe how great this stuff is, especially for the price. I had been using Becca Ever-Matte (in Cashmere) for my oily T-zone, and it worked well until it started looking cakey on me – don't know if the formula changed or my skin changed, but I couldn't get a smooth, natural finish any more. Enter this stuff, at about one quarter the price. The shade 175 Natural Ochre is a perfect match for me (NC20), it goes on like a dream, covers any redness, and holds up to my oily T-zone all day long. I just put it on (with my fingers) and forget about it -- no need for powder, even. But it's not a flat matte look, more of a velvety finish. It has a mousse-like texture and blends easily, doesn't sink into my pores. As others have noted, it's not really full cover -- more of a medium cover, which won't hide any dark spots, so you'll need concealer for that. But, for me, this is HG status, especially in the travel-friendly tube.

on 1/4/2019 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this a while ago, albeit in the wrong shade. I was able to exchange it for a better match, but it still wasn't hitting the mark for me. I actually have very fine dry skin--though, not dehydrated skin, as I follw a great routine to keep my skin in check. While I love using light cc creams and moisturising tints most days, I do like to have a go-to foundation that gives me a more polished look. So, liking the idea of this type of foundation-fluffy, smooth, with a built in primer- I decided to try my shot one last time with shade true beige, and it hit the mark for my NC30 skin. Now, again, this claims to be mattifying and full coverage, but it is all in the way one uses it. I am big on lots of moisture, so I always mix my morning serum and moisturising spf and rub a thick layer all over my face. Before it completely absorbs, I smooth dollops of this foundation o to sections of my face with my fingers. It blends in seemlessly and stays the day. Because of the emollients with which I prep my skin, this never really goes flat matte on me. It gives me a velvety finish. It looks fab even at the end of the day. I get a nice light coverage with this method as well. This is why I gave this makeup a four rating instead of a five. I think the claims are misleading, and it's staying power, finish and coverage all depend on how you are applying it.

on 12/19/2018 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had very high hopes for this foundation, but I haven't been all that thrilled with it. I bought a color that matches my skin tone well, so I was happy with that. The problem with this foundation is that it is more medium coverage. And since I have melanoma, it just doesn't meet my expectations..

It applies like a dream, since it is whipped, and it glides over the face with ease. I use a damp beauty blender to apply. Maybe that is part of my problem. I might get better coverage if I applied it using my fingers, IDK. It does seem to wear fairly well, and it doesn't seem to transfer.

If you are needing a more medium coverage foundation, this might work beautifully for you. But I was disappointed that the claims didn't seem to match my results. I guess I'll keep using my KVD Lock-it until something better comes around.

on 11/15/2018 12:03:00 PM

I liked the previous version in the jar, so I wanted to try this. I really don't notice any difference between the two, aside from the packaging. I also read a comment quoting a Revlon representative stating that it was the same product. In any case, I do like the new tube - it's very handy, especially for travel. However, I don't think this is as matte or full coverage as it's advertised, but that's okay with me. It feels smooth and velvety, and it doesn't sink into fine lines and wrinkles. For decades, I've worn Sand Beige in any Revlon foundation and it still works (I'm NC25 in MAC for reference purposes).

on 9/25/2018 3:46:00 AM

I love high end foundation but my wallet not so much. I have patches of discoloration to cover. I’m older and it’s hard to find what I like. This is great stuff. Believe the hype! Covers blends and looks great for hours! I’m between two colors so I bought two and blend. This stuff is gold!!!! I took one point off because of color selection.... my only gripe

I put this foundation on tonight and was super happy with it that is until I washed it off before I went to bed . My face looks and feels like I have a sunburn . I have never had a sensitivity to any make up in my life so I'm kind of in shock right now. I thought this product was great in coverage and liked the way it blended I'm totally bummed that my skin hates it though .....anyone else experience this?

on 9/19/2018 11:00:00 PM

I was devastated when the whipped foundation was discontinued, as I haven't had luck with many drugstore foundations. My skin is very pale and alternates between combo, dry, and oily in T zone depending on how heavy handed ive been with my Retin A ! Im not a fan of full coverage foundations which I find can look cakey on more "mature" skin, 1 layer will give you decent medium coverage, you can sheer it out with a sponge or use fingers for more coverage. Ivory matched my cool toned skin perfectly, no mixer needed. The texture is fluffy and bouncy not runny, looks thick out of the tube but thins out and spreads easily onto skin.
The air where I work is warm and dry, but this held up without flaking off, creasing or oxidizing.
the only primer ive tried it with was Two Face Hangover, so not sure how well it would play with silicone primers. The squeeze tube design is much more hygenic and travel friendly
my only gripe is with the price, is it just me or are drugstore foundations getting a little much? especially here in Canada

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I couldn't decide between 2 and 3 stars. I ended up choosing 3 because the coverage is good. The problem for me is that this ends up looking very unnatural. When I look at myself in the mirror throughout the day I see a dry, chalky, unnattural finish. It definitely doesn't hold up as long as original colorstay and doesn't look as "natural" either. I always look like I am wearing foundation... I've never found one that resembles the look of real skin, but this one looked very dry and very chalky.... nothing like real skin. I would not repurchase.

Wow, pleasantly surprised with this foundation! I love the packaging and wish more companies would put their foundation in convenient, lightweight tubes--makes it so much easier to travel with and to dispense the product! The color choices seem decent for this product, I chose Buff and it's a nice neutral--not too pink, not too yellow. The consistency is interesting, it feels a little like putting buttercream frosting on your face. It blends easy and feels really lightweight. It can settle on dry skin so make sure you're exfoliating regularly. I find that this foundation dries my combination skin out a little which makes it a little flaky by the end of the day, but I'm putting up with it because it's clearing up some pimples which is awesome! The foundation says it's "matte" but my skin looks a little shiny and greasy by the end of the day--not terrible, but it means I need some powder on top, and it might be causing my skin to produce more oil because it's drying it out a bit. Overall, the portability and coverage of this makeup is great, and I love that it doesn't irritate my skin and cause breakouts. I wish it would stay matte longer than it does, but it's one of the better drugstore foundations I've tried.