REVLON ColorStay Full Cover Foundation

REVLON ColorStay Full Cover Foundation
ColorStay Full Cover Foundation ColorStay Full Cover Foundation

4.1

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Mica, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Alumina, Butylene Glycol, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Methicone, Polyisobutene, Propylene Carbonate, Salicylic Acid, Serica ((Silk) Soie), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica Silylate, Sodium Acrylates Crosspolymer-2, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, PhenoxyethanolMay Contain, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Titanium Dioxide [nano].

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Purchased this after other reviewers stated it is the same as Colorstay Whipped (glass jar), only repackaged/renamed. I have to agree, this seems to be exactly the same, only the squeeze tube is far more user and travel friendly! I love this, because it's so pigmented and matte, that it works great for mixing with my Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF15 moisturizer, to make my own TM. I then go in, and apply some more over any blemishes or areas that need a bit more coverage. Beautiful soft matte finish, that holds up well, even over my oily t-zone (and I never bother with powder, as I don't care for it). For formal occasions, I will apply this over my moisturizer (versus mixing it), for more coverage, and it creates flawless looking skin. I am around an NC20, and the shade "Nude" is a perfect match. I still have a full jar of the Colorstay Whipped, and I'm so happy that once I use it up, I can still enjoy my favorite foundation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I couldn't decide between 2 and 3 stars. I ended up choosing 3 because the coverage is good. The problem for me is that this ends up looking very unnatural. When I look at myself in the mirror throughout the day I see a dry, chalky, unnattural finish. It definitely doesn't hold up as long as original colorstay and doesn't look as "natural" either. I always look like I am wearing foundation... I've never found one that resembles the look of real skin, but this one looked very dry and very chalky.... nothing like real skin. I would not repurchase.

Wow, pleasantly surprised with this foundation! I love the packaging and wish more companies would put their foundation in convenient, lightweight tubes--makes it so much easier to travel with and to dispense the product! The color choices seem decent for this product, I chose Buff and it's a nice neutral--not too pink, not too yellow. The consistency is interesting, it feels a little like putting buttercream frosting on your face. It blends easy and feels really lightweight. It can settle on dry skin so make sure you're exfoliating regularly. I find that this foundation dries my combination skin out a little which makes it a little flaky by the end of the day, but I'm putting up with it because it's clearing up some pimples which is awesome! The foundation says it's "matte" but my skin looks a little shiny and greasy by the end of the day--not terrible, but it means I need some powder on top, and it might be causing my skin to produce more oil because it's drying it out a bit. Overall, the portability and coverage of this makeup is great, and I love that it doesn't irritate my skin and cause breakouts. I wish it would stay matte longer than it does, but it's one of the better drugstore foundations I've tried.

on 9/1/2018 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have almost finished the tube of this foundation, which says alot. I rarely finish any foundation, as I move from one to another, looking for that perfect one. This is thick when it comes out of the tube, but a little goes a long way. It's easy to blend with fingers, gives very good coverage, which can be layered, and, most of all, it is long wearing. Long wearing is my #1 request of any foundation. I find that buffing it well with a clean, fluffy brush after it has dried gives it a natural, flawless look. I am in my 60's, and have not found this to be cakey, or that it settles into lines. The texture reminds me of a very "famous" CC cream foundation that sells for close to $40, but has absolutely no staying power, IMHO. This does. I actually have foundation to wash off at the end of the day. My color of choice is Sand Beige.

on 8/27/2018 2:57:00 PM

this foundation is one of my new favourites! the coverage is decent but i still used a concealer on red spots however that is the usual with all foundations i’ve tried. it is quite thick so you need a clean beauty blender to apply it, or it will get too sticky to blend. other than that it has lasted me all day long and i had a nap and it still stood strong with no sheet marks on my face or anything! overall love this product and i’d buy it again for sure

on 8/15/2018 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product in shade 200/Nude, which was too light for my skin tone, I would probably need to go up at least a shade. It’s a good price and I love the tube packaging. It applied smoothly with a beauty blender, medium to full coverage. I have really oily skin, and this has done a good job of keeping me mostly matte. Some oil has come through, but not as excessively as other foundations I’ve tried. However, when I looked in the mirror, this had REALLY set into my pores and accentuated them, moreso than the majority of foundations I’ve tried, and I did use my normal primer with this. For that reason, I have to return it.

on 8/9/2018 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing!!! Just like the colorstay whipped :)

on 7/22/2018 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not sure why my co-reviewers are so critical about this product but here is my story. I have tried different versions of Colorstay since it hit the market for the very first time. The original versions were God sent in duration and lasting but I guess they caused some skin issues so the formula got more diluted and it was not as effective. The formula was then divided to combination to oily on one hand and normal to dry on the other hand. The other problem was the shade selection which did not get resolved even with the birth of the 24 hour formula. I have been using the combination to oily skin formula in liquid. I tried the whipped version but it was not sanitary and did not please me. The shade Warm Golden is the closest to my skin but it was getting oxidized on my NC30 skin. So I have used other shades such as Natural Tan when I had a tan in the summer. Not happy with the shade and latest formula, I wondered around with other brands such as Estee Lauded Doublewear which has broken my heart way too many times when I looked at my pictures. So I saw this in Ulta and tried the tester. Wow! The Natural Tan is an awesome shade and doesn’t look orange at all. I bought it and I am glad to report that this is very close to what Colorstay was at its birth. Some say this is the repackaged whipped formula but I see a better texture here. Also, gladly, the product doesn’t oxidize. Is it full-cover? No, but it is buildable to high coverage. Is it matte? No, it is exactly like skin. In fact, this is where Revlon won over Maybelline 24 hour full cover foundation, Maybelline can look cakey. This doesn’t look cakey at all. Also, unlike the liquid version, it can be removed much easier. Highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this, since I’ve been using Revlon Colorstay for about 20 years now. It applies so smoothly. But it’s a weird formula. First of all, the Buff color is a little darker and more ashy than the regular colorstay makeup. It’s well-pigmented, but somehow at the same time, doesn’t cover blemishes well. It wears off soooooo much faster than my regular Colorstay. I use powder on top of my foundation, and with regular Colorstay, I regularly get about 12 hours of wear, at least. With this new one, I look splotchy before 8 hours.

This may be good for some people. It’s definitely better than some foundations I’ve tried, but it doesn’t live up to the regular Colorstay.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Extremely oily, large pores, lots of redness.

I got shade 220 Natural Beige. I usually wear 2W2 Rattan on Estee Lauder Double Wear. Very nice foundation but it will not replace the Original ColorStay.

PROS
Easy to apply
Long-wearing
Doesn't look cakey

CONS
It has nice coverage but is not full coverage. If you want full coverage try Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover.

Check out my quick demo: