3.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

I agree completely with Nols on her review of Vit C Paste. At first it was a pleasant dose of Vitamin C in the morning that I could wash off, unlike many other versions of vitamin C. I don't like the thought of going out with an acid on my face, so I thought I had found my perfect product. Unfortunately, after about 2 weeks, not only had the product separated, it seems to have oxidised and has a distinct smell of metal / rust which is really awful on my skin. Since it's on my shelf, I use it occasionally, giving it a good shake before I apply, but I certainly won't be buying this again.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Medium

EyesBrown

1.0
from

a year ago

I had high expectations of this product based on all the hype, not to mention the glowing reviews. Sadly, this mask made no difference to the look or feel of my skin after several uses. Even worse, it completely separated after less than 2 months. The cherry on top of a very disappointing product experience was that Lixirskins customer service was TERRIBLE. As a chemist and a consumer I have high expectations as to how product stability issues should be handled. Being told that "Vitamin C is heat sensitive and it is probably almost finished" is not acceptable. My tube was still 80% full! I've had excellent results with several of The Ordinary Vitamin C products, which are affordable, stable and effective. Everything this Vitamin C Paste is not. Shame on me for buying into the hype.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I love this product. I find it really handy. Its size and packaging make it easy to travel with, and it preserves the vitamin C in it which is really quick to oxidize. I've used vit C before but because I now have a strict AHA/ retinol schedule, it can be difficult to incorporate into my routine. Vitamin C doesn't work efficiently if it's layered under other products in the morning, and the consistency of many serums is often too greasy or sticky to be used under makeup. The idea of a quick morning mask is a great one. It says to use a pea-size amount; it's easy to apply all over, and doesn't sting as much as other products I've tried. I remove it with a clean damp flannel, and I'm a bit red for around 10 minutes. I have breakfast and by the time I'me done, my skin is ready for my usual skincare prep + makeup. Two things to keep in mind: it will make skin a bit tender and sensitive after removing it (and makes breakout a bit more noticeable) so you have to let your skin cool down a bit; also, always apply sunscreen afterwards because vit C makes skin very photosensitive (but ideally, always use sunscreen regardless of weather). The price is a bit steep for a small tube (50ml) but a little goes a long way, and it certainly is cheaper than a lot of other alternatives. I think it's a very nice mask. It is antioxidant, so it protects your skin. I have noticed some brightening effects, but I've only had it for a week, so I need to wait some more to see if it helps with acne scars. Overall, I'm very pleased with this and will likely repurchase.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

As with all the Lixir range, this is a game-changer. Despite my middle age, I still get breakouts if I don't stick to a strict cleansing regime.I had resorted to double cleansing with baby soap, as it was mild but also got rid of everything efficiently. My skin was clean, yes, but still felt dry and 'pulled' the minute I dried my face, at which point I had to race over and apply my serum and moisturiser. I used cleansing oils but they broke me out eventually. Not the case with this. It is a new premise. You massage this in when you wake up, leave it on, from one minute to however long you want (it doubles as a mask), then simply rinse it off. Perfectly clean, radiant, supple skin. Not dry in the least. You can put your moisturiser on an hour later, and you won't notice your skin pulling in the meantime (I've actually done this accidentally, as my skin was so soft I didn't feel the urgency to moisturise). Also, no break outs and it helps with clarity. Great product.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age36-43