Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Translucent Setting Powder

MICA, SYNTHETIC SAPPHIRE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BORON NITRIDE, HDI/ TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, DIAMOND POWDER, SORBIC ACID, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE. MAY CONTAIN ( /-): BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

If you have really dry skin and have struggled to find a good loose powder, you really should try this out. You can get it in a mini size at Sephora for around $18, so I suggest that before splurging on the full-size product.

I was using Chantecaille loose powder for several years and really liked it, but suddenly this year as my dry winter skin set in, I couldn't use the Chantecaille anymore as it made my face bone dry and even made it feel itchy and uncomfortable.

The Hourglass Veil goes on like a dream. It sets makeup beautifully and NEVER left me with a dry feeling. It also made my skin look super smooth. I am very impressed.

Now, the reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I don't like the way this powder makes my face look when I'm outdoors after I've had it on several hours. When outdoors, it sort of has a very faintly pearlescent finish that I don't care for. That's just me. I know a lot of people like pearlescent and glowy stuff. Still, I would definitely use this for an indoor event.

This is a very nice powder, but I like Laura Mercier translucent better. That one lets me be radiant and have comfortable skin, no matter if I'm indoors or out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have some loose powders that I truly love( Too Faced Ethereal, No7 Perfect Light, Chanel, Laura Mercier etc), so I really didn't need this, but listened to the hype, and am glad I did! This powder is so smooth and finely milled, its just fabulous..its like a filter for the face, and provides such a smooth flawless finish. I love applying this with the Tarte pink and gold setting powder brush, and pressing it into my skin for the best results.. I will definitely repurchase.

I can’t live without a good loose powder for making sure makeup doesn’t shift during long working days and I really had high hopes for this one; I like most Hourglass products and used the Veil foundation for quite a long time (see review there) before being brought back into the Nars fold. BUT. This really wasn’t worth my hard-earned money. The packaging is lovely but it just doesn’t dispense the right amount of powder you need to make it work. Then you end up giving it a shake and before you know where you are, your face is caked in the stuff. Plus, it doesn’t really ‘hold’ anything. So I’m left with an expensive white elephant here! I’ve gone back to Old Faithful - Kiko Milano Invisible Powder. It rocks and at a fraction of the price, guys....

Best powder for dry skin ever and works beautifully to set undereye concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Popped in to SpaceNK to repurchase my trusty ByTerry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder, but was unfortunately convinced by one of the staff to try the Hourglass veil setting powder. Having heard mostly positive reviews, I was sold.
If you have normal to oily skin, this is probably not for you. This does not set my makeup... after only an hour or so my foundation and concealer separates and, hello fine lines!!
If you have dry skin, this is probably quite nice. BUT I also suspect this poweder to break me out due to Bismuth Oxychloride which seems to be an ingredient after reading online. If you have sensitive or acne prone skin, I would stay clear of this powder, as a lot of skins are allergic and sensitive to this ingredient.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Initially I wanted to start with a travel size for that powder as, honestly, I probably have too many of them. But discounts and free gifts did their dirty business and I ended up with a huge full-size one.

I love the good matte or semi-matte look but it’s a bit difficult to achieve for me as I’m prone to sweating and my chin is also sometimes prone to oiliness. The funny thing is that otherwise my skin is mostly dry.

Okay, let’s start with cons:
• it’s not travel friendly as it’s big and glossy;
• as with most HG products – there’ll be fingerprints all over;
• the effect doesn’t last all day, can be alright for up to 6h though.

Pros:
• once you’ve found out how to get a medium amount of powder (I shake it slightly while keeping the lid not fully closed) – it’s actually pretty comfortable to use – I’ve lost minimum of powder with this one;
• it’s huge: the amount of powder is over 10g, will last a while;
• the packaging is pretty while impractical;
• it gives the most beautiful healthy finish I’ve ever seen on me achieved with a powder. And I’ve tried plenty of them including the HG pressed powders.

I still think that the powder could be better: especially in terms of having more staying power. And idk if it affects my makeup as I only use the light amount of it during the warm seasons. But overall I really like it and use it often, so unless I find something much better (what I doubt) I’ll repurchase HG Veil powder when it’s over.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a phenomenal translucent powder! Light and airy, so finely milled, loose powder. It has a very subtle tint, so it’s not pure white. The packaging is well thought out as the others have mentioned, love that there is no wastage, no puff cloud and you only need a small amt to cover your whole face. (usually two dips in the dish with a extra large fluffy brush is the perfect amt for me). I use this to buff all over after I apply my make up and the effect is astounding. Blurred, soft finish, make up melds beautifully in my skin. Buffing with this powder blends sharp edges and calm down any heavy handed bronzer/blush etc. I also use it to set my under eye concealer looks great. I can vouch it does not dry my face out, as I use mostly powder or stick foundations/products. My favourite part abt this product is no photo flashback! Bonus points for that! lol... lasts all day. HG status.
This was recommended by my favourite mua on YouTube, ‘Mel Thompson’ she did me right, no regrets, for me worth the price tag.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fine powder, makes my make up stays longer.

Definitely a YouTube made me buy it. I don’t really like wearing powder - I have dry combination skin which is prone to a dermatitis. This powder doesn’t look cakey and has a beautiful blurring effect. I also took a few photos, no flash back and it looks I used a filter. Perfect powder. Definitely my favourite.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was a YouTube made me do it purchase. This is a very expensive powder. The packaging is amazing and it is the most ingenious loose powder container I’ve ever seen. It has a little bubble in the middle so when you dump it upside down with the lid on so powder fills that small space and it’s just the right amount for your face with no mess. It’s amazing. It’s essentially translucent even though it appears to have a tint. It has no coverage at all (which is fine). My issues are it’s claims to blur pores, control oil, and set makeup/increase longevity. Yah...no. This makes my acne scarring on my cheeks look like sunken in craters. And I get oily almost right away. When I apply it I literally don’t see a difference and then an hour later comes the oil and crater face. I’m oily combo, and I don’t think I’m that oily. I don’t blot. But this makes me look terrible. This probably is a powder for dry to normal skin and people with smooth skin. But I do not recommend this if you have pores or any oil at all. I don’t have wrinkles so I can’t attest to that.