Smashbox + Vlada Photo Finish Petal Metal Primer

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This primer is extremely expensive (US$39 at Ulta) but I think it's worth the price. It gives my pale autumn/winter skin a nice glow that isn't obvious under foundation. I'm very fair skinned and it works fine on me, but if you're truly Cate Blanchett porcelain pale it might be a bit much for all-over. It works well as an actual primer - I applied it in the morning and wore it shopping and socializing all day, and my makeup lasted just fine. My verdict: Spendy, but good quality and great for giving skin a winter glow.

I was very excited when i saw the new Smashbox x Vlada Photo Finish Petal Metal Collection and purchased several of the items. I was most excited about the primer since it looked similar to their Radiance Primer which I like to use on days I need a little extra glow. The Vlada Photo Finish Petal Metal Primer is a more intense version of the Radiance Primer. The formulas are very similar and are fragrance free which I like. If you have very very fair skin I think this might be too pigmented to use all over as a primer, it might be better to use as a liquid highlighter on specific areas. My review video has swatches of the new primer and a comparison of the Vlada Petal Metal Primer with the Radiance Primer, which can be seen here: