KKW Beauty - Creme Lipstick in Classic K

KKW Beauty - Creme Lipstick in Classic K

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Classic K is part of the spring 2018 KKW x Mario collection and the brand describes the shade as being a "soft peach nude with a beige undertone", with a creme finish. I agree with the shade description, but think it has more of a more satin finish - nearly matte, with a slight bit of slip. The shade goes with all of my preferred eye makeup looks, so it's one of those lipsticks that's going to end up living in my handbag sooner or later.

Yep; there are already a ton of nude shades out there already, but what you're paying for here is the formula - it is the perfect balance between being a slippy-and-weaker creme and a bit-too-dry matte finish. I think it applies easily in one swipe and sets very quickly, so you are getting the strong colour, [almost] traditional matte finish with good pigmentation & staying power, minus the tight & drying feeling you can get from a fully matte lipstick. As a partway-to-creme formula you get a more comfortable & slightly-moisturized feeling, minus most of the slip and weaker staying power.

Classic K is a great shade and it has a fantastic formula, so what has made me click 'no' for a rebuy are the custom tax and handling charges; there weren't any for my previous four KKW Beauty/KKW Fragrance purchases, so the company must have been handling those charges rather then leaving them for international customers to have to sort out and pay ourselves. That's obviously changed without customers being warned about beforehand, as I received one of those dreaded charge slips in the mail, telling me to go to my local postage depot and pay $29 [£21] over the counter - or pay that amount online - so that I could then get my parcel. When you take the cost of the items, then throw in international postage prices and the custom taxe and handling charges = nope. The quality is great, but at the end of the day, this lipstick is no better then other similarly priced ones that I can pick up much more easily, with no hidden extra costs being tagged onto them.