Bourjois Sculpt Light Strobing Highlighter

Bourjois Sculpt Light Strobing Highlighter
Sculpt Light Strobing HighlighterSculpt Light Strobing Highlighter

3.5

on 10/15/2018 8:29:00 PM

Normally I'm a fan of Bourjois' products, they are a cut above most drugstore bands in my opinion, but this really didn't work for me. I love Bourjois' pink toned highlighters - the brow highlight pencil and the cream highlight in the brow palettes are a very pale baby pink that flatters my skin tone, so I thought I'd love this too as it has the same pink tone in it. It actually does look nice on provided you can find a way to blend it effectively, and it starts to set quickly. I just about managed with a wedge sponge and stamping it on, but when I tried to apply over foundation with fingers or blend it into the base make-up, it starts to pill and almost "peel" at the edges, it's like this film sat on top of foundation. Sadly, when it pills, it takes any foundation or powder it was resting on top of, resulting in a smudged and patchy mess that will necessitate taking off my foundation and doing it all over again. The gaps it leaves are too big to simply retouch.

I love the colour, I just really wish the formula was better.

Love this with the Healthy mix Gel Serum foundation, this highlighter is a lot nicer than the benefit high beam in my opinion (the coppery bronze version would be amazing on darker gals but def for nighttime because its crazy metallic).