Japonesque Eye Fluff Brush #230

Japonesque Eye Fluff Brush #230
Eye Fluff Brush #230

on 12/12/2011 3:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is the brush I use almost every single day, every time I wear any kind of eye shadow. I own 3 of them already - 2 full size, and 1 travel one to put in my purse. I even bought my mom one and converted her to it! After this brush, no other plain eye shadow brushes can compare.

The beauty of this brush is three fold.
1.) The softness of the hair, squirrel. Never felt anything so soft against my skin. You'll throw away all the scratchy ones after trying this baby out.
2.) The shape and the way it picks up product. You only need one dip. Some swooshes back and forth on your lid, blend the excess, and it looks professionally done. Trust me, I am totally an amateur at eye make up.
3.) The construction is solid. The handle is nicely black, professional and bespokes quality. I've had the original one for 4-5 years and going strong. No shredding whatsoever and the Japonesque lettering is still on.

Consider how much performance this item gives me, it is one of the best $18 I've spent! When Ulta has their sales again next time, I'll gladly pick up another one of those, along with the equally fabulous all over blender/crease brush - another HG item.

on 6/28/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The brush is an amazing tool to have in your arsenal, even if you have a million eyeshadow brushes! I've been reaching for this brush ever since I got it, leaving my MAC 217 and 239 untouched. It's comparable to the Smashbox #11 brush for my purposes - as an all-purpose eyeshadow brush for applying color all over the lid, in the crease, and in the outer "V." I like it more than the Smashbox #11 because it tends to pick up harder eyeshadow better, and handles loose eyeshadows (like E.L.F. mineral shadows, or MAC pigments) with minimal fall out. I thought for sure looking at the small head of the Japonesque #230 that it would be too small for my large eyes and vast lid space. My fears were unfounded! This brush has the perfect firmness and shape to blend out the edges of color thoroughly. I still reach for my MAC #224 sometimes for blending out more stubborn colors, but this brush does it all for my on those days when I have a couple minutes to do my makeup and run out the door. Get it!

on 8/2/2007 3:11:00 PM

I like that this brush picks up loose pigment very well. And it applies so smoothly. It's a bit big for my Asian lids but its alright. I didn't like it so much at first, but compared to my other brushes, this is my go to brush for loose powders. Highly recommended.

on 8/2/2007 2:45:00 PM

I love this brush, I got it in the travel size and it is the best eyeshadow brush I've ever used. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now go buy it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this brush! The quality is unbeatable and I like the sturdy handle. It's made out of natural fibers, which is excellent for my powder shadows. I use this on my lids for an easy wash all over and it's perfect as well as on the bottom lash line because of the small width.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a pretty amazing eyeshadow brush. Its pretty soft and when I condition the bristles, it becomes very soft. I have two and for three months, they haven't shed one hair. Great quality.

on 7/4/2007 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've had this brush for at least five years, and it's still in excellent condition. It's really the only eye brush that one needs. Was on sale at Ulta, i think the brush was only about $8.00. Picks up any powder and gives precise application. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love how it covers my eyelid when applying eyeshadow! I would definitely rcommend it...

on 6/20/2007 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Everyone is right - this is the best. If I could only have one shadow brush, this would be it. I bought the travel size (#830 I think) and it's exactly like the 230, but with a shorter handle. It's soft, the perfect size and shape to be used at various angles to achieve effects that I would generally use multiple brushes for (one for wash, one for crease, one for highlighting, etc.). Despite having recently purchased an entire set of Smashbox brushes, this is the one i reach for every day, and I find it to work better than any of the shadow brushes that came in my smashbox set.

I agree with everyone else. This is a great brush! I bought the 830 shorter-handle version and use it constantly.

Popular Makeup Brushes