3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

I have the shade Groovy. I like how shiny this gloss looks on the lips. It is slightly sticky and the light colors really emphasize lip lines, so I recommend wearing it over a liner or lipstick. I am not a fan of the scent.

About reviewer (191 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

8 months ago

These smell awful- exactly like playdough. I received two shades, Sugar and Tantalize, in separate "value packs" and I'm so glad I did not buy them individually because they are rank. I much prefer mint, vanilla, or odorless smells but this is plasticy playdough. Smell a tester before you buy because you may regret it otherwise. The color payoff is good and the tube/applicator is nice but that's it. I will never buy one of these and will think twice about bargain packs that contain one. The gen nude patent lip lacquer is excellent and a much better gloss IMO.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

2 years ago

I purchased this Gen Nude Buttercream lip gloss in Totally from bareMinerals some time ago and it has become one of my go to lip glosses. I'd say it's a beige shade that leans almost towards a caramel color but not as warm and it has this faint pink undertone to it that just makes it the perfect neutral nude color. The coverage is fairly sheer but it's pigmented enough that you get plenty of color to use it by itself over a clear lip balm if you want a more casual look. Of course, as with most glosses the wear on this is a good hour or two and then you have to reapply. Most of the time I wear it over a lipliner to extend wear time, bareMineral's Gen Nude Under Over lip liner in Borderline (which is ALMOST a perfect dupe for MAC's Subculture lip liner) goes perfectly with this shade. My ONLY gripe with this Buttercream gloss is that it doesn't have the nice scent to it that the liquid lipsticks from bareMinerals have. Plus, I've only had this lipgloss for about a year and it's already getting that "plasticky" scent to it. It doesn't last on the lips and there's no offensive taste or anything, but it's a good thing I'm using this up quickly because I feel like it probably will not be pleasant to use in another 6 months or so and that's why I'm giving it 4 lippies instead of 5. Overall, the color, texture, packaging and versatility of this color get a nod of approval from me, LOVE!!!!

About reviewer (227 reviews)

Age36-43