Tarte Cosmetics Be A Mermaid & Make Waves Eyeshadow Palette

Tarte Cosmetics Be A Mermaid & Make Waves Eyeshadow Palette
Be A Mermaid & Make Waves Eyeshadow Palette Be A Mermaid & Make Waves Eyeshadow Palette

Absolutely beautiful palette and packaging! Great matte transition colors and great shade selection. The glittery shades are not as finely milled and so you will get a little bit of fallout. I loooove the blue-brown duo chrome shade (Bubbles). It does have a very faint (but pleasant) scent that reminds me of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. My only complaint is that there isn’t a brow highlight shade.

I don’t always go for the higher end palettes but I couldn’t bear to walk away from this one. The pigmentation is amazing, the colors are fabulous and the packaging couldn’t be cuter! I love this eyeshadow palette and smile every time I open that teal clam shell! 😊

on 5/5/2018 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently purchased this and have used a few times. (Gift card, yay!) I'm an NW 15/20 dark dishwater ashy bronde with blue grey eyes. These colors are beautiful on!! I am very pink in the cheek/nose area so I have to conceal first so as not to clash with some of the shades.

The palette itself is a shimmery iridescent teal/blue/gold combination. The shadows within are small but very nice and buttery to me. If I use primer (WnW) they last all day...I can't pick a favorite either!! The names are cutesy. ...."shell yeah". They blend fine and are great colors for cool to neutral imo. I don't know how well warms could carry this but I bet they can and will.

Price was about whats expected. If I lost and could repurchase I would for sure. Such a cute fun palette...a don't miss!!

on 4/17/2018 12:38:00 PM

I needed to update my spring/summer eyeshadow collection and the range in this palette is perfect for me. The colors can be as intense as you want them to be or as subtle as you need them to be. I always use an eyeshadow primer (Urban Decay) so for me they do last all day without creasing or fading. Aside from the quality of the makeup, the iridescent shell compact is gorgeous and worthy of displaying. I read some reviews on other sites and the major complaint was that they colors aren't mermaid colors (?). This isn't an issue for me as I don't want to look like a mermaid, I just wanted some pretty neutrals. And there are a few blues in the palette if you really want to be a mermaid. Tip: order directly from Tarte as you can usually get a % off discount.