Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

4.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Hydrogenated Didecene, Mica, Glycerin, Propanediol, Squalane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Isoamyl Laurate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydroxyacetophenone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Glycosaminoglycans, Hoya Lacunosa Flower Extract, [May Contain/Peut Contenir ( /-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 4/20/2019 1:27:00 PM

This is a strange animal and I found even the beauty bloggers on Youtube don't exactly know what to do with it. I just got a sample and I don't think I will purchase a bottle. I thought it was a foundation but it is not. What I had in my sample was very greasy and very light. I am also very fair skinned but this is extremely light. I smeared it all over my face and it was sheet horror. First, I have to explain I am over 70 , and the good thing about the stuff is it does not settle in winkles. It is definitely a glowing presentation because my face looked like a flashlight, not a good look for me. I think on younger skin this could be a smashing effect. A little seems to go a looooong way so be sparing. I am inclined to agree with some other posters and this seems to me to be best applied to specific areas on top of your foundation. Don't like to be the naysayer but this isn't for everyone and not for me. The other positive review I can give is it seems to be quite gentle on the skin. My skin is very sensitive and it hasn't made me itch, breakout, peel, or make my face feel crawly.

on 4/13/2019 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of the best new additions to my makeup bag!

I was keen to try this after I'd seen lots of great reviews and tutorials for it, and it really is a lovely product.

I went for shade 3, which does add a bit of colour to my skin along with the glow, however this works for me as I like to have the option to go a bit darker sometimes if I want a more tanned look. Plus the shade lighter had quite a silvery/white tone to it and I prefer a more golden glow, which this shade has.

I've tried using it in various ways - all over as a glowy base underneath foundation, which didn't work that well for me as you then end up with glow/shine in areas that I find can get oily anyway on their own (T-zone etc). I have seen it used in this way with a lovely result, but maybe just not the best way if you have oily or combination oily skin.

The way I now use it is on top of my foundation, buffed on with a beauty blender in just the areas that you really want to glow and have highlight - cheekbones, temples, sides of forehead, down centre of nose...) and it is really pretty. It brings life to skin, and works well used on top of my current favourite foundation which is The Ordinary serum foundation. I've also applied the highlight from the Charlotte Tilbury bronze and glow compact on top of this and it gives an amazing glow without being too unnatural.

You get absolutely loads of product and the glass bottle is nice and weighty, making it feel like a great quality product that is definitely worth the price tag - I honestly think this will last me at least 12 months, and I use it pretty much every day!

Overall this is a great product that gives a great healthy glow to skin and it easily buildable.

on 3/24/2019 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is definitely my "Bling It " product. I am a NC 40 girl and was matched to the color Tan(5) with normal to dry skin depending on the season. Was looking for a "glow from within" type of product that would give a me a subtle yet beautiful glow. I watch YT videos but haven't mastered the art of highlighting/ contouring ..lol This is it for me.I keep my makeup routine simple.. moisturize- suncreeen- BB cream - powder - flawless filter and done. I wanted an easy product that can applied before, after or can be mixed with your BB cream. If over applied this could make your skin look oily but you would still have that glow :P) If you have flawless skin you could just use this one product and rock it. Another plus this product doesn't have the sparkles or the shimmer. For a luxury brand is product is not super pricey and should last a very very long time.

on 3/18/2019 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to hate this product or find a dupe because it was so expensive (only one ounce and I’m sure that because of the bottle’s design, you wouldn’t be able to get all of the product out). It really makes you glow without any glitter or shimmer. It can make you look sweaty if you spread it all over the face and it does emphasize pores, but its such a unique product that I don’t care.

I’ve tried several drugstore dupes including the L’Oréal glotion and physicians formula spotlight primer and all are very metallic and shimmery; they both look extremely shimmery and glittery on the face. It also has a tint to it so it looks less like a metallic colorful highlight and more like a glow coming from the skin. It is a different glow from the rms highlighters or glossier haloscope; those are much more transparent and have a clear base and this has a tint. I think if you’re going to pick one product from the Charlotte tilbury line, it should be this if you like glowy skin

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of those products that lives up to the hype.
It gives a proper glow rather than shine or blinding highlight to the skin.
I use this the old fashioned way - on top of my foundation.
I do not find that it's powerful enough to come through when worn underneath foundation (although I do use a high coverage one).
I tried wearing it all over - as a primer but I wouldn't recommend it for that. I've also tried it instead of foundation but it's just to glowy for that for me.
However - used on the cheekbones and other high points it looks natural and beautifully glowy.

on 2/6/2019 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product!
I dab the tiniest bit on my moisturized face and blend it out with my fingers, no need to add foundation. Looks like I have natural perfect skin. I use shade 5 tan which is a shade darker than my natural skintone. It leaves a perfect bronzey glow. The key here is to use a tiny tiny bit of product.

Overrated af just like other CT products. Does nothing, just makes u look sweaty (I have dry skin). Not worth the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very unique product. I find that it works best for me as a liquid highlighter. A little goes a long way. I put it on the high points of my face and blend with Beauty Blender. I’ve also used it to refresh and bring some glow back to my face and that works too. I can use this over my makeup even with powder products underneath and it looks good. I personally would not use this as a primer- too radiant. But as a highlighter/ refresher- great.

on 8/10/2018 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this. I'm always on the hunt for a good highlighter, but I feel that this does one step further. The first product I have used that gives a lit from within glow. Even on no makeup days I wear this and people stop to ask me about my skincare. I like putting this on the high points, cheek bone, browbone ect as a base, then foundation, and for extra oomph I'll dot the tops of my cheek bones again and pat it in over the foundation

on 7/15/2018 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like a lot of people I saw so many pics where MUAers' skin looked great and sprang for it. I live in a hick town in a hick state so I bought it off Nordstrom as they have a good return policy. It was $44.

I have a problem with layering all my face stuff: heavy duty European high PPD sunscreen + foundation + a light layer of powder to set it. It just doesn't work - things get cakey and somehow every layer does nothing to improve the way I look. I'm also not a fan of seeing someone's foundation vs their skin. I've had many years of trying to cover acne/red spots/brown spots and after about 3 years of my current regimen I'm able to go without all that, thankfully.

Going down to sunscreen + this + the smallest dusting of powder in my t zone makes me look 1000x better. I am 46 with a smattering of light spots toward my ears/neck from not-quite-good-enough sunscreen use in my youth and few wrinkles. The shallow ones I do have around my eyes aren't really visible if my eye area is moisturized, and this doesn't ruin all that when I use it the way foundation will.

It just gives an overall nice glow and it makes my skin look better than it is and like I'm wearing no foundation at all. It has the slightest sheen to it the way lightly applied highlighters do but after a bit of blush and bronzer the rest of your makeup is on, it just becomes overall nice without that silly BAM! HIGHLIGHTER! look.

I tried it over and under It Cosmetics CC cream and now I don't bother. The CC cream never dries down, ever, even when my skin is quite dry, and I have to powder it and it sort of ruins the my-skin-but-better look I'm after. This gives me that look with little effort. I'd prefer a pump but oh well.

I'm about an NC15 and I got the 2. It is an odd product - it doesn't add color the way foundation does and I think this would work for people in the 10-20 range. I think of it as a gel-foundation hybrid in texture. I'm fairly sure the 2 is for yellow undertones but I am very pink undertoned and look ill with warm makeup and it works great for me.

If I lived somewhere where it's sold in person, I would have gone and swatched a few shades and gotten the correct one - if I could use a darker one that still worked with my skin, I would. Overall I'm very happy with it.