Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

4.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, Hydrogenated Didecene, Mica, Glycerin, Propanediol, Squalane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Isoamyl Laurate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydroxyacetophenone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Glycosaminoglycans, Hoya Lacunosa Flower Extract, [May Contain/Peut Contenir ( /-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this. I'm always on the hunt for a good highlighter, but I feel that this does one step further. The first product I have used that gives a lit from within glow. Even on no makeup days I wear this and people stop to ask me about my skincare. I like putting this on the high points, cheek bone, browbone ect as a base, then foundation, and for extra oomph I'll dot the tops of my cheek bones again and pat it in over the foundation

on 7/15/2018 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like a lot of people I saw so many pics where MUAers' skin looked great and sprang for it. I live in a hick town in a hick state so I bought it off Nordstrom as they have a good return policy. It was $44.

I have a problem with layering all my face stuff: heavy duty European high PPD sunscreen + foundation + a light layer of powder to set it. It just doesn't work - things get cakey and somehow every layer does nothing to improve the way I look. I'm also not a fan of seeing someone's foundation vs their skin. I've had many years of trying to cover acne/red spots/brown spots and after about 3 years of my current regimen I'm able to go without all that, thankfully.

Going down to sunscreen + this + the smallest dusting of powder in my t zone makes me look 1000x better. I am 46 with a smattering of light spots toward my ears/neck from not-quite-good-enough sunscreen use in my youth and few wrinkles. The shallow ones I do have around my eyes aren't really visible if my eye area is moisturized, and this doesn't ruin all that when I use it the way foundation will.

It just gives an overall nice glow and it makes my skin look better than it is and like I'm wearing no foundation at all. It has the slightest sheen to it the way lightly applied highlighters do but after a bit of blush and bronzer the rest of your makeup is on, it just becomes overall nice without that silly BAM! HIGHLIGHTER! look.

I tried it over and under It Cosmetics CC cream and now I don't bother. The CC cream never dries down, ever, even when my skin is quite dry, and I have to powder it and it sort of ruins the my-skin-but-better look I'm after. This gives me that look with little effort. I'd prefer a pump but oh well.

I'm about an NC15 and I got the 2. It is an odd product - it doesn't add color the way foundation does and I think this would work for people in the 10-20 range. I think of it as a gel-foundation hybrid in texture. I'm fairly sure the 2 is for yellow undertones but I am very pink undertoned and look ill with warm makeup and it works great for me.

If I lived somewhere where it's sold in person, I would have gone and swatched a few shades and gotten the correct one - if I could use a darker one that still worked with my skin, I would. Overall I'm very happy with it.

I actually really like this product. It's not a primer or highlighter. It has some color but not really coverage. It does add a youthful glow to the skin. Personally, I like it to add light next to the areas I have contoured. I find that just a little down the nose slims it. Just a bit from high cheek to temple defines my bone structure. It gives my skin dimension. I like the wand applicator (reminds me of shape tape) for spot highlighting these areas because it gives me a quick and easy control over the application of the product. It wears well. It sits right on the goldilocks just right for me. It isn't too much, it isn't not enough. This is also one of the only products I have tried where a bit of glow comes through over powder. I like the old Hollywood style packaging and I think that for the price that you get a good amount. I would repurchase although I have a suspicion that I won't have to. Like my beloved Chanel Le Beige, people don't generally get this product. Is it a primer, a luminizer, under makeup, over makeup etc. With Le Beige, is it a bronzer, regular powder, setting powder, how is it matte and glow at the same time? Such products usually become discontinued. My Le Beige hasn't. I can hope for the best with this.

Upon initial use, I loved this product. It gave me the most youthful, glowing skin, that one can only get on a sweaty vacation. I was applying it (sparingly) all over, under my foundation. I got a cystic acne spot on my cheek, and thought it might have been from that, so I stopped putting it all over, and instead just started dabbing it where I would put highlighter (still under my makeup). Then I noticed I was getting little milia (clogged pores) all over my C area on my face (which is where I was putting this product). So, while it's a pretty product, it's just not meant for my skin, as I keep reacting to it. BUT if you want a fresh and dewy face, without any sparkle, get this.