4.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Isoceteth-20, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-70, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Vinegar, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Silicone Quaternium-22, Trideceth-10, Polyquaternium-59, Polyglyceryl-3 Caprate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hexylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, EDTA, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have thin, blond hair that lacks volume but has some waves/curls, that usually only appear when weather is humid. I don't use this product for detangling, and I never blowdry my hair. But when I spray this on after washing my hair, it works wonders for the volume - it's almost as if I had used a curling iron. and the curls stay put! Will repurchase!!!

on 4/6/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a primer that you spray into the hair prior to blow-drying. Before I bought this, I was using Bumble & Bumble Prep, which I also like, but R+Co Pinstripe smells better to my nose (and it's cruelty free).

PROS:

1) This works well for me as a detangler on towel-dried hair.

2) The citrus fragrance is refreshing and unisex. R+Co calls it "Relative Paradise," with notes of "Sicilian Lemon, Tangerine, Eucalyptus, Green Tea, Tree Moss, Crisp Amber."

3) Doesn't weigh down the hair. Layers well with other styling products.

4) Vegan and cruelty free

5) Free of sulfates and parabens

6) According to R+Co's site, key ingredients include ginger root extract and cinnamon bark extract. R+Co claims this will tighten the hair cuticles and provide shine. Contains acerola fruit extract, which is supposed to neutralize hard water and boost shine. Contains abyssinica seed oil and vitamin E to aid in detangling and seal in moisture. Pro-Vitamin B5 is included to build volume.

7) Good for refreshing a style.

CONS:

1) Contains denatured alcohol which can be drying, and this might deter those with damaged hair. If you need a primer that is more moisturizing than this one, I had good results with Bumble & Bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer. It is more like a spray-in, leave-in conditioner.

2) R+Co is a salon brand so expect salon prices. This costs $23 for 8.5 ounces, and if you have long hair, you will likely finish a bottle quickly.

3) I have color-treated hair, so Pinstripe alone isn't quite enough to keep my hair looking healthy and shiny. I still have to add an oil or a styling cream to the ends.

This is a very good detangler but it's expensive. Therefore, if I were on a tight budget, I'd probably look for a cheaper detangler at the drugstore and save my pennies for R+Co's Palm Springs Pre-Shampoo Treatment Mask, which impressed me more. However, if you have hair that's in relatively good condition and you are just looking for a lightweight product to prep the hair for a blowout, Pinstripe certainly does the trick, isn't greasy, provides some shine, and smells great.

Ingredients: