La Mer Eye Balm [DISCONTINUED]

La Mer Eye Balm [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Seaweed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Shea Butter, Fish Cartilage Extract, Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl Esters, Cetearyl Alcohol, Brazilian Green Malachite, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Polybutene, Sucrose, Silica, Tocotrienol, Cucumber Extract, Hydrocotyl Extract, Sesame Seeds, Eucalyptus, Alfalfa Seeds, Pyrus Malus Extract, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linoleic Acid, Cholesteryl/behenyl/octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Basil, Wild Mint, Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Distearate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Steareth-10, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium Edta, Bht, Thenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Green No 5, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5, Blue No 1

on 2/3/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like the La Mer eye balm, but it left me with dry, scaly patches on my eyelids.
...I have nothing else to add. Scaly eyelids = bad.

on 12/10/2010 7:45:00 PM

The La Mer Eye Balm is very rich and creamy and I find that it is easily absorbed, however, I much prefer the Eye Concentrate over this!

on 12/20/2009 12:53:00 PM

I have been using this for about 6 months and it has made no difference in the fine lines that I have. I am 32, so it's not like I have deep wrinkles or anything either! I do like the way it applies though and I do find it soothing, but that is not enough for this price. I have been using the StriVectin eye cream for a week and see more of a difference.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have been using eye cream since I was a freshman in high school. I have tried many and I am really happy with this one. I cleanse, tone and use the CDLM even a little under my eye area, then I apply the balm gently under my eyes and up on my brow bone. It seems to keep that delicate area well hydrated and smooth.

on 8/9/2009 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've heard this eye cream as being an 'indulgent splurge'. So I thought I would splurge out on an eye cream that I am going to use since it is so bloody expensive!

This is the first eye cream I have ever used. I only dab it on at night. To tell you the truth, I don't see much difference because when I wake up in the morning, I wash my face again and I am so dreary eyed- who can tell???

The only thing I don't like about it is the green colour! It's not bright green, more like an algae-tinge to it. Otherwise it is very hydrating seeing as I am using it in winter. I won't purchase this again because of the price tag and I don't have noticeably dark circles/puffy eyes (touch wood!) so really I don't know why I did in the first place! :D There are cheaper eye creams out there and I suppose you can use a moisturiser lightly around the eye area.

This feels lovely but I dont feel like its brightened my eye area and it hasnt helped with any wrinkles yet either! Pricey, but it will last me a long time. I will use this until its finished and not sure if Ill re-purchase.

on 5/30/2009 11:17:00 PM

When it comes to skin care, if the product delivers, then i'm willing to dish out the big bucks, and this one does come with a hefty price tag. I tried this a couple of years ago, the consistency is rather nice and feels good during application, but for me it didn't seem to hydrate enough and i had to reapply throughout the day. More hype than miracle cream. For this price, i like La Prarie Celluar eye moisterizer much better, which i don't have to reapply and it comes with an SPF 15.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love La Mer products but I'm just not a huge fan of this. I have found that Kiehls Abyssine Eye Cream works just as well and it's only $32. Personally I just put the regular creme de la mer under my eyes, and I think that works better not to mention one oz of cream is the same price as half an once of the eye balm. I'm young so that works for me, when I get older I'll probably look into an actual eye cream, just not this one.

I have some fine lines under my eyes and I find that this La Mer eye balm is the best to smooth them out. I really like that it's non greasy and absorbs into the skin really well. I notice right away a difference in my skin...more elasticity and the skin looks smoother. It's definitely one of my favourite under eye creams, and great cause I have combination skin and it provides just the right amount of moisture.

on 2/17/2009 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this eye balm!It really lightens my dark eye circle and gives my under eye area a really "fresh" look. My under eye area is hydrated and even those annoying facial lines have reduced. And those little bumps resulted from rich eye product are gone too. It's actually a must buy for me but the price is horribly expensive!