Tarte Shape Tape Matte Foundation

Tarte Shape Tape Matte Foundation

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. It goes on smoothly, is easy to apply with brushes, sponges, or fingers, and lasts most of the day. (I say most because I have some fine lines around my mouth that need touching up after eating but this is with all foundations on me, even powders).

I have somewhat sensitive skin while doing a natural retinol treatment and this foundation hasn't caused any breakouts or weird patchy areas. I've worn it every day for the past 2 weeks and no issues. It also plays well with all the other different brands of powder, bronzer, blush, and highlighter I've put on top. No oxidation either!

I'm between NC20 and NC25, leaning closer to NC20, with very yellow undertones. I got the shade Light Neutral which is probably about an NC27. It's just a hair darker than my skin right now so I just mix with a little of my shape tape concealer is Light Sand and it's perfect. I originally swatched the foundation in Light Sand and Light Neutral next to each other and thought Light Sand was going to be the winner. While it is indeed more golden, it was far too light. I would put Light Sand between NC15 and NC20. Light Neutral is described as having pink AND yellow undertones but still works to correct redness and spots without making me look too pink.

The price point is a bit high but you get a LOT of product. Since I wear this everyday it's worth it. Tarte is also cruelty free so that seals the deal.

on 4/2/2018 5:51:00 PM

So i decided to try this after finding out my usual foundation Mac's mineralize (cream version) is about to be discontinued. This foundation is excellent. I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't cause a reaction, furthermore I think it is actually improving my skin, it isn't as dry as usual and seems smoother. It doesn't look cakey although it's high coverage and doesn't really cling to dry patches. I tried to use this with the Shape Tape concealer but found the councealer clung to dry patches and settled into slight creases under my eyes. I ditched the concealer and just use this all over. I also have very dark undereyes but this covers well. I think this might be my new holy grail foundation. I say think as I am going to try the hydrating version.

I'm 28 and do not usually get asked for ID but got asked twice in same day when wearing this which is unusual for me, coincidence ? Lol