Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Matte Foundation

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Matte Foundation

4.2

on 9/21/2018 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because it was on sale during ulta 21 days of Beauty for $23. I was wanting to try it so much and figured since the price was great I'd give it a go. I have to admit I've been loving the ordinary coverage foundation lately but hey why not try.
This is also full coverage and actually more so than TO is. Which I like. Since I'm now 48 and starting to finally see some signs of aging mostly very very fine around my eyes. I have always had oily acne prone skin and still do even at this age. I have also been cursed with large pores. I use UD optical illusion primer which I love.
This foundation is much thicker than te TO. It covers everything very well. I'm getting a flawless finish that I love. I use a damp beauty blender to apply. I haven't had any breakouts either. Overall very happy with this. For days I want that totally flawless look I'll be using this. While I still also love the ordinary coverage foundation too for an everyday usage.
If your looking for full coverage give this a try.

on 9/2/2018 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am nice & super late to the game to finally try this foundation buuuut I have to say that I love it as much as so many others.

The design is definitely a big no-no as I am sure many others have said since the wand in the foundation is pretty much useless unless you don't mind getting bacteria throughout the product. I don't know why they went with this instead of a pump, but it's the one & only issue with an otherwise HG matte foundation.

I was able to find my perfect match in light sand which is advertised as having yellow undertones but I would say it's more neutral to neutral-yellow which cancels out redness really well. I typically purchase neutral ivory/light shades in other foundations both high end & drugstore & this one was a perfect match.

This foundation does take some work to blend since it dries down very quickly but it still blends alright after it dries a bit especially if you're nice and moisturized. I could see it being an issue if you have any patchiness or dry spots though.

I would consider this medium-full coverage, leaning more towards full. It's not the fullest I've ever used & Estee Lauder's Double Wear is probably fuller, but this one looks much more natural and feels good.

This would be a solid 10/10 if it weren't for the design flaw, but it's still a 9.5/10 where natural-looking, great coverage, matte foundations are concerned.

Other pros:
-Covers dark circles fairly well if you don't like putting concealer under your eyes
-Doesn't seem to melt/smudge away if you put a cream blush/highlighter after setting it with powder
-$39 which is on the cheaper end for high end foundation

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation. It goes on smoothly, is easy to apply with brushes, sponges, or fingers, and lasts most of the day. (I say most because I have some fine lines around my mouth that need touching up after eating but this is with all foundations on me, even powders).

I have somewhat sensitive skin while doing a natural retinol treatment and this foundation hasn't caused any breakouts or weird patchy areas. I've worn it every day for the past 2 weeks and no issues. It also plays well with all the other different brands of powder, bronzer, blush, and highlighter I've put on top. No oxidation either!

I'm between NC20 and NC25, leaning closer to NC20, with very yellow undertones. I got the shade Light Neutral which is probably about an NC27. It's just a hair darker than my skin right now so I just mix with a little of my shape tape concealer is Light Sand and it's perfect. I originally swatched the foundation in Light Sand and Light Neutral next to each other and thought Light Sand was going to be the winner. While it is indeed more golden, it was far too light. I would put Light Sand between NC15 and NC20. Light Neutral is described as having pink AND yellow undertones but still works to correct redness and spots without making me look too pink.

The price point is a bit high but you get a LOT of product. Since I wear this everyday it's worth it. Tarte is also cruelty free so that seals the deal.

on 4/2/2018 5:51:00 PM

So i decided to try this after finding out my usual foundation Mac's mineralize (cream version) is about to be discontinued. This foundation is excellent. I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't cause a reaction, furthermore I think it is actually improving my skin, it isn't as dry as usual and seems smoother. It doesn't look cakey although it's high coverage and doesn't really cling to dry patches. I tried to use this with the Shape Tape concealer but found the councealer clung to dry patches and settled into slight creases under my eyes. I ditched the concealer and just use this all over. I also have very dark undereyes but this covers well. I think this might be my new holy grail foundation. I say think as I am going to try the hydrating version.

I'm 28 and do not usually get asked for ID but got asked twice in same day when wearing this which is unusual for me, coincidence ? Lol