wet n wild Ultimate Brow Retractable Brow Pencil

wet n wild Ultimate Brow Retractable Brow Pencil
Ultimate Brow Retractable Brow PencilUltimate Brow Retractable Brow PencilUltimate Brow Retractable Brow Pencil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was a dud for me. I got Medium Brown and while it's nice and dark, it's got reddish undertones. Don't like the formula either. The pencil is a little too soft. Brow pencils need to be harder, not soft like eyeliner. The softness means you can't get small, thin strokes to mimic hairs, it just smudges everywhere, and it has no staying power. It fades after a couple of hours. Not impressed.

on 7/7/2018 1:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this in taupe and it's a good match for blonde hair but the twist up teardrop shape makes it difficult to apply precise strokes and extend the tail of my brow.
The product is a bit too waxy and the spoolie on the other end removes most of the color. When I did fill in my brows the product had good staying power.
I don't have full brows and usually use a micro fine pencil, the exception is the elf instant lift brow. The elf pencil has a thicker tip but I never have a problem using it for a quick application.
The Wet n Wild is more suited for fuller brows that don't need a lot of filling in.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This pencil would have deserved the highest rating had not one of the shades been a complete dud. I have dark blonde/light brown eyebrows, and I purchased both Ash Brown and Taupe. True to its name, Ash Brown is a perfect, cool-toned brown shade with absolutely no red tones. It definitely would work for a variety of people. Taupe however, did not live up its name at all. It showed up on my eyebrows as a very warm-toned, reddish blonde color, which might work for some people, but in that case Wet ‘n’ Wild might want to rethink the shade name.
Otherwise, the formulation of this brow pencil is stellar. It’s very easy to apply and strikes the perfect balance between dry and creamy. Once it’s on, it’s on for the entire day, and won’t budge even if some water gets on it. The spoolie it comes with is pretty handy-dandy too.

on 6/24/2018 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was using the Benefit Goof Proof Brow pencil that has the similar triangle shape and fell in love with it, but wanted to find a more affordable option. Got the Wet N' Wild in Ash Brown and find that this can quickly fill in my brows to get a nice base shape. Great for when I'm in a rush and need to throw on some brows. The waxy formula lasts all day. The only thing I like better about the Benefit version is that the tip is more defined and able to also make some finer hairlike strokes where I need it. This Ultimate Brow pencil tip wears down easily making it more difficult to use it for defining, and I will sometimes need to go in with a separate micro pencil afterwards from ABH or NYX to really define the tail if I need more detail. So minus a lippy for it not being an all-in-one filler and definer (moreso just a filler). But still a really good alternative for Goof Proof, that I will continue to repurchase.

on 4/4/2019 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use ABH Dipbrow Pomade in shade Blonde and Essence Brow Mascara but decided to buy a brow pencil to do my brows more quick when I have time limitation.first I wanted to buy ABH brow pencil but a very helpful SA recommended me to try this one and said it can be a dupe for ABH while it's only 9$,good that I listened to her because I LOVE it
I used to shave my eyebrows,now I'm waiting for them to grow but they haven't fully grown yet and are shorter than a natural eyebrow.this pencil is great for drawing frame,is also great for filling in the sparse areas with hair-like fine lines.I have received lots of compliments on my eyebrows recently.some think I have naturally full and beautiful eyebrows,some think I have microbladed my brows
I have it in Ash Brown,it's a cool toned medium brown,very close to shade Blonde of ABH Dipbrow Pomade but a bit darker.it doesn't have any redness but isn't too grey either.my skin is N15 and my hair is very very light pearl blonde,almost silver/white.I wish this browpencil had something in the same line but a bit less dark.I find the Taupe one is a neutral shade,maybe leaning to the warm side(not too warm/orangey though)..it's still a gorgeous color and I will definitely buy that one too.
This pencil's texture isn't too dry,not too soft either.it's exactly what I expect from a perfect brow pencil.it has very good longevity and zero transfer and smear( my skin isn't oily and I use fixing spray).I even love the spoolie which comes in the other end.it does a great job in combing my brows and blending the lines I draw to create more natural look
All in all this is my HG brow pencil right now.I just wish there was a way to sharpen the narrow side of the pencil after a while

on 2/16/2019 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very easy to use, perfect for getting a natural looking brow. The Taupe color is a light brown color that's universally flattering imo. Only problem I had was by the time I was almost done with it, the spoolie picked up much of the wax, but then again it's natural for that to happen. Packaging is pretty cheap, but then again it is less than $3, and it doesn't interfere with product application.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I've repurchased 3 times. Opaque color, not too waxy texture, ease of use, surprisingly simple but useful packaging with a spooly brush in the other end. Doesn't really fade during the day... Great affordable price...
Just, amazing product.

on 9/11/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Taupe, and I like this as much as, and maybe better, than some pricier brands I've tried.

The Taupe color, for starters, does work well for blondes or for those who don't want a super dark pencil. It's not red-leaning either, which is fantastic, because so many companies offer blonde or taupe shades and they're a bit orangey. Not this one. It's ashy/neutral, and it's a close dupe to ColourPop's Blondie pencil, too.

Unlike the CP this one is retractable, and it's a bit creamier, but not messy. The triangle tip lets you draw a bit wider, so I don't know if someone with thin brows would necessarily like this, but I keep mine a more natural shape and width, so it works well for me. The packaging is really nice, too. It's sturdy, and the brush at the opposite end is pretty damn good, especially when you consider it's a $3 product. Staying power is good, too, and it doesn't smear easily. Comes off with your basic cleanser, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my new favorite eyebrow pencil. I can’t believe it’s less than $3, it’s such a find. I love the shape of it, it def takes some getting used to if you’ve never worked with something like this, but once I learned how to apply this product, I was so impressed. I got the color taupe and it’s a dead match for blondes, the formula isn’t too waxy that it doesn’t apply and isn’t too creamy so that it’s messy and fades. I like this so much more than the NYX Professional micro brow pencil, the LA girl shady slim brow pencil, and the standard NYX brow pencil. I am used to a pomade myself (Anastasia or Milani) and pencils are newer to me (using them about 6 months now) but I find that this one is the best I’ve tried yet and I’m going to keep using it. I have to say the spoolie attaches to the pencil does suck but I have my own I can use and for $3, I’m def not gonna complain. This stuff is perfect and lasts all day. I hope it’s never discontinued.

This is the perfect brow pencil. Its triangular shape lends it well to drawing in brows. My brows are non existent. I used Taupe (MAC Fling dupe) today (I also bought ash brown MAC Lingering dupe) I think I like both equally but taupe is v natural & i don’t have ANY eyebrows the hairs are thin, few & far in between, & platinum (ikr wtf I have light ash brown head of hair!). I just want to draw the entire brow not mimic individual hairs & this is good for that. It’s nice & stiff, has a spoolie, is cheap ($2.99 y’all! Wow wnw ur killing it. I bought 8 elf brow pencils & I like wnw much better! Ugh oh well brow pencils are something I go thru fast!!), & cruelty free. Wish my Kroger wasn’t only stocking 2 of 2 colors. I’m going back for the other 2 tomorrow! This is perf for carrying in my bag. #winning wish they had dark brown bcoz I think that’s my color I reck. grade: A-