wet n wild Ultimate Brow Retractable Brow Pencil

Filtered by age: 44-55
wet n wild Ultimate Brow Retractable Brow Pencil
Ultimate Brow Retractable Brow PencilUltimate Brow Retractable Brow PencilUltimate Brow Retractable Brow Pencil

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was a dud for me. I got Medium Brown and while it's nice and dark, it's got reddish undertones. Don't like the formula either. The pencil is a little too soft. Brow pencils need to be harder, not soft like eyeliner. The softness means you can't get small, thin strokes to mimic hairs, it just smudges everywhere, and it has no staying power. It fades after a couple of hours. Not impressed.

on 9/11/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Taupe, and I like this as much as, and maybe better, than some pricier brands I've tried.

The Taupe color, for starters, does work well for blondes or for those who don't want a super dark pencil. It's not red-leaning either, which is fantastic, because so many companies offer blonde or taupe shades and they're a bit orangey. Not this one. It's ashy/neutral, and it's a close dupe to ColourPop's Blondie pencil, too.

Unlike the CP this one is retractable, and it's a bit creamier, but not messy. The triangle tip lets you draw a bit wider, so I don't know if someone with thin brows would necessarily like this, but I keep mine a more natural shape and width, so it works well for me. The packaging is really nice, too. It's sturdy, and the brush at the opposite end is pretty damn good, especially when you consider it's a $3 product. Staying power is good, too, and it doesn't smear easily. Comes off with your basic cleanser, too.

on 3/25/2018 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a stiff, waxy pencil with a retractable triangular tip on one end and a spoolie on the other. It comes in 4 shades: Taupe, Ash Brown, Medium Brown and Deep Brown. I purchased Medium Brown and am happy to say it is neutral/cool-toned. The packaging is very sturdy (unlike the e.l.f and Milani retractable brow pencils I tried, which were also too soft for my liking), the caps actually make a snap when fully closed. This is not a skinny pencil, it has some bulk to it but I really like the size and weight of it. Application is exactly what I am looking for, there is no creamy bits deposited among my brow hairs, rather I get the perfect amount of shading to fill in sparse areas in a very natural way. If you are looking to “draw” in hairs, this is not the product for you. I am thrilled to spend only $5.97 CAD (WalMart) to get the perfect brow product for me. Finally the search for an affordable brow product ends! And I’m especially happy I don’t have to spend top dollar for high-end when this meets all my needs.