4.4

price range

Reviews

3.0

9 days ago

I like the formula on this, and the colour, and the packaging is great... But the pencil itself is too thick. The pencil is wedge shaped, and the thin edge - which I use the most often - wears down really fast, leaving me with the thick end of the wedge, which is pretty much useless. This formula in a micro pencil, or a flat pencil, would be great. I use the wet n wild micro pencil now, and that's fantastic.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 months ago

This is a review for BOTH styles of this pencil (both the retractable micro brow 1.5 mm style and the larger retractable wedge pencil style) since MUA only has one category. I'm happy to say that both are dupes for the Loreal versions and for less money. The micro-brow pencil is actually superior to the Loreal version, in my opinion. Large wedge pencil: I got this in Ash Brown, which is nearly indential when swatched next to the Loreal brunette shade. Both are a little warm on my brow ends so I wish it were even more neutral, but this does just as good, performance wise. Both brands versions are easy to use, with smooth formulas. Micro brow pencil: I got this in the shade Brunette 646A (my L'Oreal pencil is in the shade Dark Brunette). This one goes on softer and so much smoother than the L'Oreal micro pencil, which I had a really hard time with since it was so hard and clumpy, it kept breaking off. This it's such a vast improvement and actually much easier to use.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

6 months ago

My current favorite brow pencil that the cosmetic specialist at CVS recommended me try. Prior I was using Maybelline’s taupe red pencil for years. Purchased in taupe. At 61 my eyebrows are thinning and have some grey in them. This pencil is perfect for blending for a natural look! I use the mascara wand on my eye lashes after putting mascara on. You can’t beat the price either!!!!!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

6 months ago

I really enjoyed using this product. The colour I have is Ash Brown, which is a dark brown color with a slight warm tone to it, but still it works well on my black brows. On me, in spite of my oily skin, it lasts really well for approx. up to 9 hours. It has a really nice spoolie on one end and the actual pencil on the other, the product itself is slanted, which makes it easier for me to fill in the small gaps I have in the tails (otherwise, my eye brows are thick, and they do not really need anything much more than setting them with a clear brow gel). It is a really cheap product even for the amount you get (0.2 g/0.007 oz.), it retails for 3 euro in Spain. I won't be repurchasing this product again in the future, because Wet n Wild is not cruelty free anymore, so I will be using all of their products up

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

6 months ago

I like this for ease of application and pigmentation. But it smears SO EASILY! I have mostly stopped using it because it seems to end up disappearing or on my forehead by lunchtime if I apply in the morning. Great price though- I still keep one in my purse as an emergency/ just in case brow pencil.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

EyesGreen

from

6 months ago

As others have said, I had loved the Benefit Goof Proof Brow. This pencil is a duplicate idea of it. I love the price! At $2 or so I buy multiple pencils at a time. LOVE the color taupe! It is a kind color for everyone. At 58, I am not loving a bold or unnatural looking brow. This color is perfect in letting me give my brows some shape and it changes my whole face, but still looks natural. For the price, you really have to try it!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal

HairBrown

10 months ago

I used to use ABH Dipbrow Pomade in shade Blonde and Essence Brow Mascara but decided to buy a brow pencil to do my brows more quick when I have time limitation.first I wanted to buy ABH brow pencil but a very helpful SA recommended me to try this one and said it can be a dupe for ABH while it's only 7$,good that I listened to her because I LOVE it I used to shave tails of my eyebrows,now I'm waiting for them to grow but they haven't fully grown yet and are shorter than a natural eyebrow.this pencil is great for drawing frame,is also great for filling in the sparse areas with hair-like fine lines.I have received lots of compliments on my eyebrows recently.some think I have naturally full and beautiful eyebrows,some think I have microbladed my brows I have it in Ash Brown,it's a cool toned medium-dark brown(not too dark),close to shade Blonde of ABH Dipbrow Pomade but a bit darker.it doesn't have any redness but isn't too grey either.my skin is N15 and my hair is very very light pearl blonde,almost silver/white.I wish this browpencil had something in the same line but a bit less dark.I find the Taupe one is a neutral shade,maybe leaning to the warm side(not too warm/orangey though)..it's still a gorgeous color and I will definitely buy that one too. This pencil's texture isn't too dry,not too soft either.it's exactly what I expect from a perfect brow pencil.it has good longevity and zero transfer and smear( my skin isn't oily and I use fixing spray).I even love the spoolie which comes in the other end.it does a great job in combing my brows and blending the lines I draw to create more natural look All in all this is my HG brow pencil right now.I just wish there was a way to sharpen the narrow side of the pencil after a while Edit: I'm reducing it's rate to 4 lippies Now that it's summer and my skin isn't as dry as it used to be it doesn't last.when I check my brows 3,4 hours after application it's not as pigmented as it used to be(and me or my hairs don't touch my face/brows) even though it doesn't totally fade I still have to do a touch up to look decent.when I powder my brows before putting it on and use a fixing spray after doing my makeup it lasts a bit longer Another thing I don't like about it is that I prefer a tiny tip like the one Nyx has After going through it I will buy Artdeco Brow Due.but I'm sure it's not going to finish any time soon

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

Very easy to use, perfect for getting a natural looking brow. The Taupe color is a light brown color that's universally flattering imo. Only problem I had was by the time I was almost done with it, the spoolie picked up much of the wax, but then again it's natural for that to happen. Packaging is pretty cheap, but then again it is less than $3, and it doesn't interfere with product application.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

a year ago

This pencil would have deserved the highest rating had not one of the shades been a complete dud. I have dark blonde/light brown eyebrows, and I purchased both Ash Brown and Taupe. True to its name, Ash Brown is a perfect, cool-toned brown shade with absolutely no red tones. It definitely would work for a variety of people. Taupe however, did not live up its name at all. It showed up on my eyebrows as a very warm-toned, reddish blonde color, which might work for some people, but in that case Wet ‘n’ Wild might want to rethink the shade name. Otherwise, the formulation of this brow pencil is stellar. It’s very easy to apply and strikes the perfect balance between dry and creamy. Once it’s on, it’s on for the entire day, and won’t budge even if some water gets on it. The spoolie it comes with is pretty handy-dandy too.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

I've repurchased 3 times. Opaque color, not too waxy texture, ease of use, surprisingly simple but useful packaging with a spooly brush in the other end. Doesn't really fade during the day... Great affordable price... Just, amazing product.

About reviewer (399 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm