no images

price range

Reviews

Created with Sketch.

2 years ago

Rouge Bunny Rouge is a luxe brand I always secretly hankered to try out. But apart from the dazzling advertising prose (very high on entertainment value), and slick photography/videos on the website, is there anything more? This lip balm is in the deepest (but sheer nevertheless) shade called "Speck of Cerise". This is a rosy wine MLBB which is just one shade deeper than my moderately pigmented lips. It is so close to my lip color that I can put it on without looking in a mirror. I can secretly wear it to bed at night without scaring the hell out of my husband! NB It has a wine/plum/tinge of brown coloration, it is not at all pink or red, unlike the website which blurbs on about "crimson-red cherries". It is moisturizing but not at all glossy, so entirely professional-looking for the office. There may be the faintest hint of low-level shimmer, so faint I can hardly tell, again office-appropriate. OK - so the website says to use it consistently for 4 weeks, and then you'll see a difference....I'll give it a whirl and report back. So far so good, but first, I am going to test it on a half lip test versus my 2 current faves: Chantecaille Fig gloss and Tatcha lip oil, which both provide prolonged moisture and protection in the cruel cold Canadian winter. I can't always be reapplying lip products at the office, so they have to last at least 4 hours to pass muster in my book. None of the 3 above have any discernible glimmer or frost, so that's a plus in the office also. I seem very sensitive to mineral products (?mica); this sometimes give me a low-level buzzing sensation, but not outright feeling of sensitivity or allergy. PS For those who like aesthetics (and who doesn't, if they also like makeup?), the case is an attractive, heavy, black glossy plastic with a tone on tone black stylized flower outline. Clicks shut with a satisfying snap, won't open up in your purse. UPDATE after 4 weeks of use, my lips are fairly moisturized, but no better or worse than with Tatcha lip oil or Chantecaille lip gloss. All three are fairly pricey products, but all have the advantage of (relatively) long lasting hydration, so you don't have to keep reapplying all the time - they all last about 3-4 hours, which is pretty good in my book. All that's different is that the Tatcha lip oil goes better with coral/orange, Chantecaille lip glosses go with a variety of colors, depending on the shade you use, and the RBR has (on my lips) a neutral, very natural look - during the entire 4 week trial, my DH had no clue I was wearing it (and he is usually very alert to any made up look). UPDATE: after 2 months of use, trying it out both in cold dry weather and hot humid weather, I like it a lot, but do not carry it on me because it is relatively heavy (when added on to the rest of the stuff in my purse), so for portability I use the Chantecaille mini glosses. But I do like this balm for at home and at night use. Will def repurchase if on sale.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

Age56 & Over