Physicians Formula Spotlight Illuminating Primer

Physicians Formula Spotlight Illuminating Primer
Spotlight Illuminating Primer

3.0

I watched a lot of Youtube videos and read lots of reviews before getting this primer. First a little bit about my skin- I have combo skin... Dry under my eyes and in the areas that's not in my t-zone, and oily in my t-zone and my pores are large. I was very afraid that this primer would look terrible with my skin but that's not the case! When you first apply it, it looks glittery like crazy... very dewy. But once you get your foundation on it looks a ton better. My foundation lasts all day with it, and by the end of the day when my oils have broken through it looks very natural. I personally didn't notice a scent at all. The packaging is super luxe and nice. My only gripe is the price is a bit steep for drugstore. I did a quick review/swatch of it on my youtube-

Other than that, I highly recommend this!

on 3/24/2018 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I heard this was a dupe for the Becca Backlight Priming Filter so decided to try it out. I found it over-the-top luminous on its own. Although the medium coverage foundation I applied over it covered most of it up, the luminosity started to show through after a while. Way more luminous than the Becca version. Also it has a fairly strong fragrance. I had to stop using it because something in it irritates my skin. My skin would feel sore around the nose every time I used it.

It may work for people who want a very luminous primer and whose skin is not overly sensitive. It's certainly a more affordable option compared to the Becca version.

Video Reviews & Tutorials