Physicians Formula Spotlight Illuminating Primer

Spotlight Illuminating Primer

3.0

on 10/25/2018 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It delivers the most beautiful glazed glow when you swatch it and it spreads easily across the skin. But the smell of it is so off putting to me. It smells very heavily like old ladies face cream gone bad and that smell lingers on for far too long. As for the performance of the product: it interfered with my foundation. The foundation formed little rolls on top, didn't attach well, never had that problem with any other primers. Also with the foundation on top not a trace of the glow left. However, it does look great on its own on a good skin day when you pair it with a powder foundation slightly dusted over it. So I'm on the fence about buying it again. Have to play with it a little more. For now it leans more towards NO mostly because of the scent. Do wish PF would stop over-perfuming their products.

on 9/11/2018 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A Youtuber recommended this primer. My skin tends to get oily by the afternoon. This did nothing for my pores, and my skin looked oily earlier. Also, it was hard to put my foundation on. Would not buy again.

on 7/17/2018 7:20:00 PM

And I have bought it again! I wear this primer frequently alone. I will use 2 layers to get a nice soft glow also. It makes your tan look sunkissed delicious! I will use it on my chest, neck and upper arms. the antioxidants keeps my skin looking dewy and moist. This is one of my favorite makeup products. CVS frequently has deals on Physician's Formula.

I watched a lot of Youtube videos and read lots of reviews before getting this primer. First a little bit about my skin- I have combo skin... Dry under my eyes and in the areas that's not in my t-zone, and oily in my t-zone and my pores are large. I was very afraid that this primer would look terrible with my skin but that's not the case! When you first apply it, it looks glittery like crazy... very dewy. But once you get your foundation on it looks a ton better. My foundation lasts all day with it, and by the end of the day when my oils have broken through it looks very natural. I personally didn't notice a scent at all. The packaging is super luxe and nice. My only gripe is the price is a bit steep for drugstore. I did a quick review/swatch of it on my youtube-

Other than that, I highly recommend this!

on 3/24/2018 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I heard this was a dupe for the Becca Backlight Priming Filter so decided to try it out. I found it over-the-top luminous on its own. Although the medium coverage foundation I applied over it covered most of it up, the luminosity started to show through after a while. Way more luminous than the Becca version. Also it has a fairly strong fragrance. I had to stop using it because something in it irritates my skin. My skin would feel sore around the nose every time I used it.

It may work for people who want a very luminous primer and whose skin is not overly sensitive. It's certainly a more affordable option compared to the Becca version.