HADA LABO Shirojyun Premium lotion

HADA LABO Shirojyun Premium lotion

on 1/31/2019 7:32:00 PM

Hada Labo does it again... this is a toner according to the Japanese meaning of the term, a light moisturiser to be used under heavier creams. It comes in a runnier and thinner "normal" formulation, and a slightly thicker and more viscous "moisturising" one - same as the basic line lotions. I use the moist type as I have combination skin and dry areas can get flaky. These Shirojyun premium products differ from the non premium ones in that they also have tranexamic acid in them, alongside vitamin c in the form of magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.

I am using several other products to help fade pink marks from acne, including differin and niacinamide, and was using the Ordinary's magnesium ascorbyl phosphate cream before this. As this has the same stuff in, I've stopped using the Ordinary's one, and since switching to this the overall tone of my skin is a little more even and I get less angry, swollen spots before my period.

As a final bonus, this comes in refill packs - shown on the right of the photo. Wish more brands did this, acting to reduce plastic waste. Overall it's a lovely product and I'm very happy I bought it!

on 7/9/2018 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This a review of the Milk version. I will eventually replace it with the lotion and update this or move this. This quite new and I feel it's reasonable to but the reviews under the same heading.. This has Vit C (MAP) and tranexamic acid and vit E. Tranexamic acid has been compared to hydraquinone but with none of the irritation and problems. There is no irritation with it. It's just a moisturizer that brightens like crazy. The texture of the milk is a thin hydratng lotion that looks like milk as it's bright white. Not going to be your moisturizing for most people as it's light but it's hdyrating and silky feeling. Layers well.

This milk has brighten my skin and zapped my melasma, but not alone. I was hitting it with the kitchen sink: Holy Snails Shark sauce or Stratia Rewind (licorice/niacinamide serums) for years and then more recently Melano CC Anti Spot (C serum). At the same time I got this I got the Shirojyun Arbutin toner. Both have been refomulated 2018. But I started them separately to test them and while both are good this one works better. This really tipped the scales on my melasma. I don't even notice it anymore. It used to look like I had dirt on my cheeks. Been that way for 10 years. It also brightened my whole face which was really pale and brightened to begin with. It gave it a milky glow. The other thing is that it's zero irritation. It's like using the regular Hada Labo Gokujyun Milk, which is nice. It's a silky hydrating light lotion. Not enough moisture on it's on for me or too many people. I am dry. But it layers great and makes my skin feel silky. It's not expensive. It's a light hydrator. I can wear it under sunscreen and on my hands as well. I layer it with Stratia Liquid Gold and Etude Soonjung Barrier Cream this summer at night. That is my trifecta. Forms a nice texture. I am really impressed. I wanted a milk for summer and will try the lotion for winter when this runs out. My skin is bright enough now that I don't fee like I need to keep using the other Shirojyun lotion when it runs out. But I really like that too. Nice ingredients too: squalane, meadofoam oil, silicone, hydluronic acid & nano.

Hada Labo Shirojyun Premiium Milk (moist) ingredients: tranexamic acid: water, magnesium ascorbyl phospate, tochopherol, hydrolized hyaluronic acid (nano), sodium hyaluronate, squalane, diglycerin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, glycerin, triethylhexanoin, sodium steroyl glutamate, glyceryl stearate, dimethicone, carbomer, xanthan gum, behenyl alcohol, disodium EDTA, sodium nitrate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben

I am surprised nobody has reviewed this. This is considered a quasi drug in Japan and contains Tranexamic Acid known to eliminate stubborn brown spots caused by the sun and some hormonal issues. My main concern is anti aging, firming and eliminating brown spots to even out my skin tone (HYPER PIGMENTATION). This worked like the perfect combination of Gokujyun Alpha 3D lotion and Shirojyun arbutin whitening lotion. It gave me firmer bouncy skin, brightened up my complexion, faded a lot of sunspots and PIH. This was what made me achieve the look of Korean Glass Skin. This is my toner, essence, serum, emulsion in one. In the daytime i put sunblock on top. I use the alpha in the evening at times and just top with any firming moisturizer or sometimes Gokujyun milk. I wake up luminous on the face, neck and back of hands.