Philosophy Purity Made Simple Ultra-Light Moisturizer

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Ultra-Light Moisturizer
Purity Made Simple Ultra-Light MoisturizerPurity Made Simple Ultra-Light Moisturizer

3.2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This moisturizer sits on top of my skin for too long, does not absorb as easily as it should when used as a last step. also gives an oily appearance.

on 5/3/2018 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was just a so-so moisturizer for me. Didn't cause any break outs on my skin. Didn't address the eczema patch I occasionally have to deal with. Love my purity cleanser, but didn't care for this moisturizer at all. Has Vitamin C and E, however I don't feel that you can get the same effect without a separate Vitamin C serum. Light pleasant scent. Did not leave greasy film. Wear well under my liquid and powder foundations.

on 4/14/2018 11:57:00 AM

I've been looking for something that doesn't make my oily skin worse and this is it. It's just the right level of hydration without being heavy. If you have very dry skin this might not be enough on its own but it's perfect for me. I bought a trial sized bottle to test but now it has a permanent spot in my routine.

I only give it a 4 for a couple of reasons, one because fragrance is the 5th ingredient on the list. Though it doesn't seem to be overly scented it could really be better if they would either do away with or use less fragrance.

The second reason is the outrageously stupid claims made on the box. Supposedly it "feels like an instant reset for your skin" and "in 3 days, see makeup optional skin" and "in 7 days, skin looks young and healthy, like the skin you were born with!"

Of course, my skin is 30 years old with light sun damage and it doesn't do any of those things. It's a moisturizer, isn't going to give you makeup optional skin if you feel you need makeup. At this price point I wouldn't expect it to make my skin look like the skin I was born with either, and it doesn't. So I wish they would stop pretending like their customers don't know any better, just do away with the BS and present it for what it is.

The Philosophy brand has added to it's Purity line up with Purity Made Simple Ultra Light Moisturizer. Just like it's name, it is a very light weight moisturizer that is mostly geared toward those with oily skin due to it's very light and quickly absorbant texture. I really wish I liked the formula because this has a great pump dispenser and a very reasonable price. I found this formula to be loaded with several fragrance ingredients (7 total) and denatured alcohol was also pretty high up on the ingredient list. This applies nice and has a very sticky texture that spreads easily onto skin.
Now comes the problems: within about twenty minutes my skin feels much drier than before I ever applied the moisturizer. This is probably how my skin reacts to the denatured alcohol. After using it for several weeks my skin eventually ended up looking dry and flaky all day long and foundation application became a nightmare. Now that I've stopped using this my skin is back to being much happier and hydrated. My more detailed review can be seen here:

The purity cleanser is my holy grail so I was so excited to try the moisturizer. I'm in love! This moisturizer is great for my oily skin and it doesn't break me out. It's light weight and sinks right in to the skin. It also felt nice under makeup. It claims to make pores less visible. Not sure about that but it's a great moisturizer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials