4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

14 days ago

If I have a signature scent, it would be this. I adore this perfume. I walked into an Ulta to purchase something completely unrelated, I smelled this wafting in the store and bee-lined to the Gucci perfumes where I picked up and smelled every one until I realized this was what I was smelling. I've never been grabbed by a perfume in a department store in that way before. I sat on not buying this for almost another year. I grabbed a test spray whenever I went into a store or counter, and felt like maybe this was too similar to what I already own and my other favorites: Stella, jm velvet rose and oud.... I first picked up the rollerball and as I tore through that I got a full size bottle. So this isn't like Stella, stella is a patchouli rose, but the rose in Stella is fresher than this one. Stella always reminded me of doll heads or baby doll diapers (in a good way). Then where Gucci has a more uplifting blackberry note, the jo Malone has heavier notes of prailine and to my nose, sandalwood, and obviously oud. It's not decidedly much like the jm at all.... I think in my head it's a mashup of those two and maybe blackberry and bay. The blackberry almost makes this a tad masculine. I think Gucci absolute could pass as a unisex perfume for sure. Because of the freshness, I love how this reacts with body heat. It smells great at the gym. But it also smells great on a cold winter night out, or day to day. The patchouli is refined. It makes the Rose a deep and dark, sexy rose, but doesn't steal the show. The patch itself is pretty quiet. In all, this makes me feel sexy, but in an understated way. I feel like it goes with every occasion, every day, every outfit. It doesn't give me a headache! My daily go to has been rose jam shower gel, the rose deodorant from native and this perfume. And it's a combo that is tdf I hope they never dc this.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

6 months ago

What a lovely fragrance, but oh, so sad it only lasted so few moments on me. It had everything I dreamed of in a perfume, but disappeared oh so soon.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

8 months ago

Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme is a refreshing departure and a nice compliment to the fittingly more masculine leather and patchouli pour Homme that was released a couple of years ago. Femme involves a blend of blackberry, rose, woods and patchouli primarily. The blackberry starting of strong and heady but remaining part of the mix throughout the life of the fragrance blending excellently with the heart of rose and eventually towards a relaxed base of patchouli, woods, and goldenwood. I get a lot of woods in the heart and the vetiver I can definitely smell but its mainly the blackberry and rose that is doing the heavy lifting on my skin and its exquisite. Certainly marketed for women with the fruity/floral dominance but nonetheless I regard it as unisex, especially for dudes like me that love floral fragrances. Absolute has a strong cologne type vibe that might turn some women off but for those ladies that like to wear mens fragrances they will love this. Blackberry is one of my favorite notes in a perfume. Its performance is great. Well above average and sillage is good. Definitely recommended for men and women alike. UPDATE: The longer this sits on my skin the more pronounced the woods and patchouli become which makes it a downright masculine fragrance to my nose. That's cool though. I like fragrances that go against the grain.

About reviewer (512 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Other

HairBrown

9 months ago

There is something truly special about this fragrance. It’s classy, distinct, and refined, while still maintaining a sense of whimsy. A sense of humor, if you will. I found the initial spray to be extremely different to the drydown, so make sure you give this at least a full 20 minutes to settle down (preferably on your skin). Let me also say, I absolutely hate powdery fragrances.. the dreaded “baby powder” or I daresay.. “old” powdery smell. This has a powdery note, but it is divine. If you don’t normally like powdery fragrances, don’t shy away from this. It is absolutely beautiful, and there is something very natural about it. You’d almost imagine this on someone who seems to naturally smell amazing. This is classy, deep, a tad dark and mysterious. It’s not a light, dainty scent.. it’s clean, but deep and very complex. It has a fresh fruity quality, without being “jammy” or sugary sweet whatsoever. This subtle fruitiness (blackberry) is cut with spice, but is not “spicy” per se.. it has more of an incense vibe (patchouli). The fresh blackberry and incense-y patchouli are blended in perfect harmony with a rose note that compliments the other notes fabulously (it’s not a sweet rose, but a deep and fresh rose). I love how this manages to be feminine and floral without the sweetness. The amber notes layer with the patchouli for a bold, deep, earthy base. The amber and patchouli support the rose note, which is laced with pink pepper that amps up the “spice” factor just a touch while adding a strong dose of sensual femininity. The bergamont makes it cleaner, fresher, and acts as the bow on top of this elegantly and brilliantly wrapped gift. Don’t let the initial spray fool you! This smells expensive, feminine, confident, and incredibly unique. The silage and longevity are pretty amazing as well on this one, better than most. In four words: classy, deep, bold, and intriguing. Hats off to Gucci for this one, a new staple in my collection.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Absolutely my favorite fragrance, hands down. The bottle is not that impressive. With the extravagant/avant garde luxury of Gucci's clothing, that is a mystery to me. I have Gucci Black (my second favorite) and Gucci Guilty and feel the bottles are better. The metal packaging is sturdy caps also click more securely on the other two. I'm afraid to carry Absolute in my bag, the bottle is completely glass and the cap isn't convenient. The SMELL. It is for an active, confident, sophisticated and powerful woman, who loves luxurious and glamorous things, mixed with the outdoors. It is clean and sultry. Almost unexplainable. One smell and I automatically purchased the largest bottle available. This scent is not for the person wanting to blend in. This will get you noticed, it commands the room. The silage is great, endurance perfect. Can be sensed on the skin and clothing days after. Pine trees Fresh Air Earth Spice Cashmere Amber Woods Pepper Lemon Floral

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I took one sniff and fell in love. This is a delightful frag that lasts. To me it smells woody, spicy and clean. I have gotten so many compliments on this. The top note is blackberry, heart notes vetiver, rose and cypress, base notes leather, golden wood and patchouli.

About reviewer (173 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

This is a very woody scent with a hint of fruit despite the first blast being 'blackberry'. For me the Pink Pepper dominates (as my nose just picks it up whenever it's used as a note in a perfume) and whilst at times I like it, it can become a bit annoying. This scent has high sillage and once on the skin it lasts all day/evening. This is fine if you love the scent but if, like me, you don't actually want to be aware of your scent for most of the day, then this will not be for you. I'm giving this a 3, as it's not horrible, but neither is it special enough to be in a league of its own.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure