COL-LAB Set the Stage Ultra-Fine Loose Setting Powder

COL-LAB Set the Stage Ultra-Fine Loose Setting Powder

1 review

on 3/23/2018 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The Col-Lab setting powder has been a great discovery. I like this line of products (their lip pencils are amazing and their eye pallets are great and convenient). I had not heard anything about their powder. I like that it comes in several different colors. it is not a translucent, white powder, like all my other powders. It comes in six colors in a clear plastic tub, a black twist off top and a perpetrated shaker to sift out the powder. I actually purchased it thinking i could use it to warm up some of my foundations that are a bit too light for me. I purchased the Tan/Honey one (I am a NW 42-45; C6 in MAC.) It has a powder puff, but i use a powder brush to apply all over. First time i used it i was amazed. Instead of that dreaded dry powdery look i get from even the most sheer setting powders (I have used, and liked, IT Bye Bye Pores and Laura Merciers) this one is absolutely invisible and it has an amazing soft focus finish that not only blurs lines and pores but also evens out my skin tone. But what totally won me over was that I was having peeling around my nose and chin from Retin-A. Not only did this powder not cling to that area, it actually looked like it softened the look of the flakes, almost like i had used a moisturizer. That was freaking impressive. I have dry-combination, sensitive mature skin but i usually get shiny in my T-zone by end of day. But this powder somehow is not drying yet absorbs shine. I have been using it every day since with different foundations and it works beautifully on all of them. I have had no break outs or any sensitivity to this powder. I purchased mine from Sally Beauty and it is $414.99 but you can do buy 1 get second 50% from this line almost any time. I do not like the packaging b/c it is bulky, and not travel friendly as there is no way to seal the perforated top after opening, so too messy to travel with. Other then that I really like this powder and would recommend it.