BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)

Filtered by age: 30-35
BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)
Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (All Shades)

4.1

cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polyethylene, polymethylmethacrylate, dimethicoe, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carnonate, [ /-: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), carmine (CI 75470), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163)].

on 2/17/2017 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this in the shade "birthday suit" and it's a beautiful taupe color. Unfortunately, it looks like Benefit is discontinuing these cream eyeshadows (WHY?!) and the pot I have is from YEARS ago (like, 2008/2009/2010) and it's STILL creamy and applies great. I may hunt down some other colors (bronze) just because I love these on days where I just want to pop on a lid color and go.

I am surprised by all the rave reviews on this product. Packaging was really cute and the colors were all really nice but it was really hard?!?! Maybe I got a bad one. Reading these reviews makes me want to retry these...

Misleading name - these crease like crazy. When worn alone or on top of benefit eye primer the crease like a greasy mess within an hour of application. With powder shadow on top the crease become chunkier and thicker. The colour is beautiful subtle shimmer champagne but they don't last at all!! Anyone have any tips on helping this product last

on 4/26/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first wore this when Benefit came on the scene in the 90's. I remember a really pretty matte cool lavendar shade and a shimmer shade that was a cross between Birthday Suit and Skinny Jeans. Well, they reformulated the colors and the the original two I loved was gone! Fast forward almost 10 years, and I'm finally giving this e/s another go. The new e/s is creamier and more slippery during application, but it still dries and stays put. Skinny Jeans looked dirty on my lt-med Asian skintone, but Birthday Suit is a very pretty taupey/beige/nude with some gold shimmer. It brightens my deep brown eyes and looks great with black winged liner and black mascara. I'm really liking this!

I have the creaseless cream shadow in RSVP and Birthday Suit. The colors are absolutely gorgeous in the jar and they swatch just lovely. And, when I first apply them to my lid they also look absolutely beautiful. However, I have found that these shadows are neither creaseless nor long lasting.

I originally used the shadows without a primer--as they are advertised and used by many as a base--and noted that they creased and wore off quickly. So, I then tried them with Benefit's Lemon Aid primer, and primer only nominally changed these features. Today, I checked my makeup after being at work for about 3 hours, and the shadow (I did use primer today) was already considerably creased and fading.

I've been looking through all of the reviews, and it seems that people either love (5 lipstick tubes) or hate (1-2 lipstick tubes) these eyeshadows. Notably, far more people love them than hate them. One theme I have noticed is that those with oily eyelids tend to be more likely to poorly rate this product. I too have oily lids. I have not tried them as a liner, so I cannot comment on this feature of the product.

Maybe it would be beneficial when considering this product to try them on in the store and note how long they last on your eye before actually taking the purchase plunge.

I did buy the trial/travel size. It pains me to say this, because the colors are just SO lovely: but I won't be purchasing again.

Edit: Today I tried a new layering of product: first Benefit Lemon Aid Primer, then Mac Brulee and then the Birthday Suit. And.....drum roll.......it lasted for 8-9 hours!

I'm one of those girls that would never do eyeshadow without UDPP - but this product is probably the *only* thing I can use as a replacement! I'm really amazed that this did not crease on me. I originally purchased this in RSVP because of a tutorial I saw on YouTube but I was skeptical because I had tried Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow before and it was difficult to get even and it creased on me within an hour or less. Benefit's creaseless cream shadow didn't crease - at all! For me, this is great because while I'm in school and rushing off to classes in the morning, frankly I just don't have the time to be standing in front of the mirror for 30min to do my makeup anymore. I can use a brush or even my finger (if I'm in a real hurry!), swipe it on, and I'm good to go! Sometimes I think using my finger is even better than using a brush! Anyway, can't rave enough about this product - will definitely be trying out the other colors!

on 12/8/2010 1:51:00 PM

One word - LOVE!
Pros:
- no creasing (only after 8 hours wear probably)
- very blendable
- nice to use as a base or on it's own
- does not dry out as fast as other cream eye shadows
- not drying

Cons:
- none!

my fave is birthday suit. I can use this everyday as main shadow or base. This is far better than MAC paintpots.

I love this product. I have R.S.V.P. and I love how it looks so sheer and natural. It is the only cream eye shadow that I own that does not crease. Would def buy again.

on 11/15/2009 11:40:00 AM

Bought this in Tattle Tale which is a very pretty gold colour. Love the way this goes on - use my concealer brush and apply this all over my lid. Stays put all day, seriously no creasing or smudging. I wear this alone - really pops my blue eyes - or with a darker crease colour. Will definitely buy this again... in multiple colours!

on 6/1/2009 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In a month, I went from having never tried cream shadows to being completely obsessed with them. MAC Paint Pots and the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows are my favorites so far. MAC is the cheapest at $16.50 for a 5 gram jar. Benefit is $19 for a 4.5 gram jar so it's definitely expensive but I only like two Paint Pot shades and MAC's endless limited edition collections annoy the heck out of me. I have 7 of the Benefit shadows and I love every single one. I don't wear cream shadows alone so I can't comment on how they wear throughout the course of the day but they don't budge when worn as a base. For years, my method was to apply a neutral powder shadow like MAC Brule over my primer then color. That worked well enough but cream shadows have opened new doors for me. I like to use a neutral shade like Honey Bunny all over my lid and then build my colors with powder. With Honey Bunny, I can go dramatic or subtle and in any color. I also like to use a matching cream shadow to build up more color and add some dimension to my look but you don't always have to match your cream to your powder. The possibilities are endless and did I mention that these beauties do not crease at all? These are by far my favorite cream shadows. One thing I've noticed is that the Benefit website has the most extensive selection of shades. I found shades on the website that I had seen not anywhere at sephora.com and the stores or at Macy's although sephora.com has a couple of shades that the Benefit site doesn't have either so I don't know what's going on. I'd like to be able to get all the shades I want in one place. Benefit is a brand that I've never paid much attention to so I don't know where else it is sold other than Sephora and a few Macy's stores but I will be paying more attention from now on.