3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I've been hearing fave reviews about this and wanted to try it myself but I couldn't help but be disappointed. Foundation is a very personal thing that has to fit different peoples skin tones, undertones, skin type, and sensitivities so for what its worth, this could be great for someone else. For me? Not so much. First off the order of the shade range is a mess tbh because the undertones are so strange. There's no direct progression from light to dark or dark to light with the shades because of the undertones--there are at least 3 or 4 shades I would rearrange because when looking from light to dark there are shades that get darker and then one random shade is lighter and the next is darker. Or looking from dark to light there are shades that get lighter and then there are random shades that are darker that should be before the lighter one. That's not even all of it. This is mostly a yellow/golden toned foundation. As someone who has yellow undertones that's great for me but a lot of it is yellow-neutral which is too ashy and golden is too yellow even for me. Now for the foundation itself, its thick. It reminds me of the Kat Von D Lock it foundation but not as thick. Coverage is definitely full, a little goes a long way. It dries down very matte and does get darker once it's dry. It goes on really flawless. However, it begins to settle into lines and cling to texture. By texture, I mean acne scars and pock marks. This is a full coverage foundation that people can tell is on your face. People who want a natural look, beware. The closest comparison foundation to this, in my head, is in fact the Kat Von D Lock it foundation in terms of coverage and how it wears.It felt very very similar to that on my skin. It's also transfer proof. It did not feel light weight. I would not buy again. I did not buy in the first place, I just got a sample when it finally became available in my nearby Sephora.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I always hesitate to post reviews of foundations because so much depends upon one's skin type, texture, application technique, and compatibility to products applied both under and over the foundation. That being said, I really wanted to try the Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation. But finding the correct shade proved difficult. My local Sephora doesn't carry the foundation, and I've never gotten good matches when relying on suggestions provided by the Sephora + Pantone Color IQ tool. My skin tone is on the lighter end of medium, with pink - not yellow - undertones. Most foundations look far too yellow on my skin. The Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation shades have either a beige, neutral, golden, or red undertone. Normally a beige or red undertone would be my best match, but the beige undertones are only available in the lightest shades, while the red, the darkest. I finally settled on Latte (300N) - a light medium shade with neutral undertones. It too looks a bit too yellow on me, so I add one drop of the Make Up For Ever Water Based Chromatic Mix in Red to get a perfect match. I apply the foundation over moisturizer, a silicone-based primer, and spot pore-filler using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The foundation DOES cover everything. After dotting on concealer under my eyes, I dust my entire face with a finishing powder consisting of dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone cross polymer and silica. I let that sit while I finish the rest of my makeup, then buff off the excess using a very stiff, dense brush with synthetic bristles. Finally, I add a light spray of Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray. I'm very happy with the way the foundation wears throughout the day. I didn't notice any oxidation. I've also discovered the Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation can be mixed with moisturizer to make a more sheer product. I mix one pump of foundation with an equal amount of my moisturizer (Bayberry Naturals Rosehip & Hibiscus Moisturizer) in the palm of my hand, and apply with the same Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. This works really well for a lighter look. If your preference is for a full coverage (matte finish) foundation, and if you can find a good shade match, Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation is worth a try.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Pros: - 30 shades with a range of undertones (I'm shade 110 Angel Food which is for ultra fair skin with a neutral undertone) - Full/medium coverage - Semi matte - Hydrating - Controls oils - Doesn't cling to dry patches - 1 pump covers whole face (1/2 a pump covers my face for medium coverage) - Evens skin tone - Beautiful ombre packaging and velvety boxing This foundation really does live up to its name, when i wear it it truly looks like I'm using a face filter :D And this is the only foundation that matches my skin, out of the 10 foundations that i own. Cons: - Settles into some fine lines (smile lines) - Enlarges pores - Expensive These are just somethings that happened to me when i wore this foundation, they might not happen to you. (I used the primer that is meant to be used with the foundation but it still din't blur pores as it claims) *UPDATE* I mixed the Huda Beauty primer and the Benifit porefessional primer in areas where i have large pores (my nose), and they vanished! The foundation no longer extenuated them and they were blurred. Also, i found that applying the primer with a stippling brush, as opposed to my hands, made a big difference. It wasn't as thick and the foundation went on much smoother.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Really? I waited months for this to restock, hoping it would end my foundation search. I was hoping for a demi matte full coverage without looking heavy like all the Youtubers have raved about. Maybe this is a crappy review but I honestly can’t remember anything distinct that this foundation did that Fenty/Milani 2 in 1 couldn’t do. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a horrible product. It’s literally just an average foundation that does what it should packaged in a cheap $40 plastic bottle lol. I do have to say it does settle into fine lines. Some pros to note - good shade selection, coverage is good, lasts decent amount of time with no oxidation but nothing groundbreaking that hasn’t been done before lol.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

from

2 years ago

Whats not to love about this foundation? Super full coverage. Matte with a dewy like feel to it (if that's possible). long wearing. Covers all my imperfections. You do not need healthy skin to wear this foundation. Its thick so a little goes along way. This foundation is in my top 4 and I wear atleast once a week 10 hour workdays and it holds up just fine. I do suggest you buy the primer that goes with this foundation as its made specifically for the foundation and I've worn others (Becca) to see if the texture would be any different. It was. The foundation looks a little dull when using other primer but with the Huda primer, the skin looks super healthy and has that dewy finish that I love. I am combination to oily skin so I do find myself blotting throughout the day but I don't mind that so much. Oh and i'm in the shade 510R.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Deep Dark

HairBrown

2 years ago

Honestly, the shade range is good, and the formula isn't half bad, but it stays on top of my skin and sets like a powder, looks very powdery which happens a lot to my skin and foundation because I have dry skin. Didn't really blend flawlessly sadly.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age19-24