Alba Botanica Acne Dote Pimple Patches

1 review

Not tested on animals

on 3/21/2018 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hesitate to call these a godsend in terms of a bad breakout, but I bought them to help healing of breakouts as well as a way for me to curb my tendency to pick. On that latter aspect, they're fantastic.

I haven't had a major breakout since buying and trying these, so I can't say they've done an amazing job because there hasn't been the opportunity. They are little clear patches -- they come in two sizes, for a total of 40 per box -- and contain tea tree oil, witch hazel, salicylic acid (the last ingredient listed, in fact, so it may not be too strong) and other extracts (parsley, etc., plus rubber). The packaging is a little cardboard box with a hinged top (like the old cigarette boxes of days past -- or maybe they still make them; I'm not sure). Inside are four sheets, sealed like band-aids, and each sheet has 10 patches. After pulling a couple patches off the sheet they're stuck to, the waxy packaging seals back closed pretty well, keeping these "fresh," if that's even necessary. (I'm not sure, but it's nice that it works that way.)

The directions say to clean the area, dry hands, and apply a patch over the pimple and press edges (gently) to seal. Leave on for one to eight hours. They stay on well. I had one on my chin, near my mouth, and it stayed on through sipping coffee, eating food, and talking and reapplying lip balm. I put on a fresh one before bed, and it stayed on all night, even though I tend to sleep on my side with my face squished into my pillow. These remove easily, too, without irritating or ripping skin (like some band-aids can).

So, while I haven't used these on a major zit to test their efficacy, they do apply easily, look subtle (should you want to venture out with one of these on), stay on a good while, and keep me from clawing at a breakout or a healing pimple, thereby helping them heal so much faster, and that alone makes them worth it. I'll definitely buy more.

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

image