Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Refining Moisture Cream Complex (Creme Complexe Hydratante)

Water (Aqua), Glycerin (humectant), Stearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Squalane, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin a), Allantoin, Panthenol, Sodium Tetraborate, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben and Propylparaben.

on 6/16/2016 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I got this as a gift and instantly fell in love with it. I see that a lot of people dislikes the smell, but I love it. It's kind of a mellow, spa-ish scent. I can see why it's not for everybody, some people like milder, more flowery scents. So it's a good idea to try it in a store first and see if you like it.

At first I applied way too much, and it looked greasy. You actually don't need that much. But the texture is still a bit heavy so I recommend using it as a night cream. I gently massage my face and chest with a small amount of cream and let it sink it for a bit.

I experienced quick results. Glowing, plump skin with an even skintone. It surprised me that even though the cream felt rich it calmed some of my pimples down as well. My face felt smooth and my pores looked smaller. I haven't tried using it everyday, I don't feel like I have to since it keeps my skin in a good condition for days anyway.

I actually haven't looked at the ingredient list, I'm usually really picky and since I like this cream so much I don't want to risk being disappointed... (stupid, I know)

The only problem would be the packaging. I'm a bit indecisive about it. On one hand, I like the look of the jar and the fact that it's made of glass, it makes it feel a lot more like a luxury product. On the other hand, jars are not very hygenic and it's not handy to pack a heavy glass jar if you want to take it with you. However, I've solved this by not dipping my fingers in the jar, I use a cotton swab instead. And I've scooped some of the cream into a small plastic jar that I can take with me on trips and so on.

A jar of 2.5 OZ / 70g / 75ml costs 199 Swedish Krona (approx. 23 US$ / 21 €). I think it's worth it considering it's a long-lasting, quality product.

Bought this at Costco as a duo package. Overall, I felt the hydration doesn't sink into your skin but rather just created a layer outside so later of the day, it makes your face look and feel greasy. I won't buy this cream again.

To Read all 132 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/30/2015 9:37:00 AM

Personally the scent is not my cup of tea, reminds of some medicine or hospital. Also the smell is very strong so try to check tester first ( if they even have them). I don't use it full face just for occassional dry patches treatment and it works really good and fast for that purpose. Also my husband is quite pleased with the results of using it as after shave.

on 12/30/2015 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in a duty free shop because I had heard so much great stuff about it and you get a lot of product for the price. It was great at first, liked the smell, consort and my face. Halfway into the jar the cream didn't sink into my skin anymore and my skin felt and looked kinda "oily" and clogged. Stopped using it and use it as a body cream no because I hate wasting products. It's not a bad cream, it just doesn't work for my sensitive, normal kinda skin after a while. Like my skin just had enough of it and I got a reverse effect.

on 11/24/2015 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic face cream for people with very dry skin in need of deep moisturisation. It deeply nourishes the skin and almost feels like a primer after it has sunken into pores. My skin is left looking smooth and brighter as it gets a surge of hydration. I sometimes get patches of eczema around my eyes and jaw and this really does a good job of relieving those areas and as a result I've even stopped using my hydrocortisone cream. I even think this is better than Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Cream which is almost double the price! The Magic Cream is heavily fragranced which isn't necessary and it stung my eye area where I get eczema whereas I get no negative reaction from the EA cream. I really recommend this product to those with very dry skin where no other cream seems to get rid of flaky dry skin - this will work wonders for you! It's roughly £32 but it's worth it as you only need a small amount and it lasts for months.

on 4/14/2015 6:08:00 PM

I was is same club and saw two jars of this packaged together for twelve dollars. I figured it seems like a good brand why not try it. It is terrible for my fifty five year old aging skin. It left it feeling dry and sat on top of my skin without sinking in. Sometimes a bargain is a bargain and others just a waste of money.

on 4/6/2015 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This cream dried my skin out very badly. I'd apply at night and wake up with tight and dry and aged looking skin. It was scary. The more I applied the worse it got. I then tried using it as hand cream and it did the same to my hands only they cracked in some spots as well. I looked at the label and saw it contained glycerin and it's the second ingredient on the list meaning that it contains a lot of it. I figured out last year that glycerin does not work well with my skin at all and just dries my skin out terribly. Thankfully I didn't pay full price for this cream. It's sad cause I do like the smell and the jar is really nice looking. Works for some but not for me. Won't purchase again.

on 11/11/2014 11:05:00 PM

This is one moisturizer I seriously love. At first its thick but it spreads like butter and sinks right in. The smell might put you off at first as well, a little medicinal but you get used to it.
Im used to olay with that beautiful scent but its just not moistursizing enough in the colder months. The packaging is also not very hygenic but i use qtips to remove it from the pot. After months of using this it has really helped my skin. The flakes and dullness are gone!

on 10/28/2014 6:39:00 AM

I bought this at the airport duty free shop, what I really wanted to purchase was some Clarins cream, but the lady there had me convinced how incredible this product was, such quality for a low price etc, and since I didn't have much time at all, I just said ok. Did I regret it, and now reading the reviews here I'm starting to wonder should I consider the reviews when buying something.. I am 32, dry skin, and what I get in this product is mainly and very plainly just glycerin, and that's about it. In winter it's not enough, in summer I'm sweating under it. It's quality really is in the range of it's price. If you're 30+ with first signs of aging, you need something more concrete and efficient / and likely more expensive than 100ml-20eur (=> 50ml-10eur). Actually, when I put it like this, in numbers, it's good for that price, but I just don't know for which skin type/age and in what season.

I have used a LOT of different creams over the years.
I came across this cream at Costco & decided to try it. I'm glad that I did, it works better than some of the so called "high end" creams. It proved to me that I didn't have to pay over $100 to get results. I don't mind the lemony smell, to me it's quite refreshing.
I will definitely get more when I run out.