Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon

No Image

2.0

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Propanediol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Albizia, Julibrissin Bark Extract, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Lavandula Hybrida Abrial Herb Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Polysaccharide, Dipropylene Glycol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Leaf Oil, Sodium Citrate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexanediol, Polyurethane Crosspolymer-1, Limonene, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol.

Smells lovely. Has a nice silicone-y feel when applied and leaves skin moisturized. No adverse reaction. Just doesn't do anything except smell good for a moment to justify the price. Will not repurchase.

I got a sample of this that I used for three nights. It didn’t do anything bad. It just didn’t do anything good but smell nice, and that only lasts while you put it one. It’s not moisturizing and didn’t seem to have any effect at all. I’m not sure what order it should be applied. I tried it after serums with no other moisturizer but then I needed more moisture. I tried it after serums but before and after moisturizer. I just don’t see the point of it.

on 3/20/2018 11:17:00 AM

The Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon is a gel-cream texture that is to be applied over the entire face right before going to sleep at night. I really enjoy the texture and how is absorbs quickly, but that is all I like about this gel-cream. In the morning after I rinse my face off for the day my skin feels and looks dry, flaky, and dehydrated. I used this for about three weeks and I think my face is missing it's normal mask that I normally use. The Sound Sleep Cocoon contains several fragrance components. This also contains the slightly fragrant Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract, AKA Persian Silk Tree, which is sixth on the ingredient list. I wish they focused on antioxidants and moisturizers instead of fragrance. This could have been great but instead it is a definite pass. My more detailed review can be seen here:

Video Reviews & Tutorials