Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette
Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

on 12/10/2018 7:16:00 PM

I like the scheme of this palette a lot. It's all the colors that I can use for a day at work or if I'm going out in the evening.

The formula is just like my beloved Modern Renaissance palette too. The shades are buttery and blendable. VERY pigmented too, a little can go a very long way. I have considered throwing away all my other palettes because the quality is just too good with ABH.

I'd buy this over and over again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my favourite ABH palette, and the only shadow palette I've ever repurchased. Whatever combination I create with this palette looks elegant and understated. I bought one for my sister recently and it looks great with her coloring as well. It's rare that colors that suit her tan and warm complexion also suit my pale af and cool complexion. I totally agree with the previous reviewer, these ES almost blend themselves. They are so buttery and pigmented! I only have to just barely touch my brush to the palette to get good color payoff. I do experience some fallout, but I don't take away lippies for that because everything else about this palette is phenomenal. I couldn't be without my soft glam!

I had been on the fence for a while on whether I should get this palette or not. After watching video after video and thinking about it I decided to take the plunge and get it. I'm attaching a 3 minute halo eye tutorial I did with this palette so you can see the shades in action.

The shades practically blend themselves and are super duper soft and buttery which leads to my next point... There is a TON of kickback from a couple of the shades. Burnt Orange and Sienna, I'm talkin about you. Even when I just barely tapped my brush I still got a lot of kick back. The foils/metallics are beautiful, but they perform best with a finger rather than a brush. Overall I like the palette, but the shades are a bit soft.
The price is a bit expensive for the amount of shadow that you lose from the kickback which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.

on 9/11/2018 1:04:00 PM

This warmer neutrals palette is a holy grail if, and *ONLY* if:

you're a more mature person, well into your thirties and upward, looking for an amazing, super-versatile, everyday palette for work. If you fit into this category, you'll enjoy the mattes and shimmers immensely. You won't get bored, as you can combine these in so many ways, always staying within that safe, work-appropriate spectrum. You can also dial these up for a sophisticated but intense smokey look for night.

____Three stars rating because of underwhelming staying power, even with the best primers._____

If you belong to a younger crowd, this is a wonderful staples palette. If you can afford it, go for it- but consider this a base for your eyeshadow collection and not the star. You can count on this for perfect crease mattes and very chic metallic toppers. It will work great with other, more adventurous, palettes. You don't get exciting looks with this. If used alone, it will enhance your natural features in a soft glam way (yes, the name is very spot on), and that's pretty much it. But there's a lot to be said for excellent basics, so don't rule it out. If, however, you are looking for an affordable alternative so you can build your eyeshadow collection, Wet n Wild Color Icon palettes are great!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Oh.... how I want to wax poetics about this. In my opinion, the best way to describe this product is an interesting neutral palette. There are handfuls and handfuls of your everyday bog standard neutral palette, but this is like the grown up sexy sister. You can definitely build this up for a super glam look, but the real beauty of this palette is when you go simple you can create the most beautiful dead easy looks for everyday.

My first ABH palette and the hype is true about the formula! Never have I owned eyeshadows that blend so well!

on 6/22/2018 11:45:00 PM

Love this palette! A beautiful collection of wearable colors, with a soft and blendable formula. Highly recommend!

on 6/13/2018 7:34:00 AM

I love this palette. Easily my most used eyeshadow palette. There’s nothing wild about the selection of colours, it’s the versatility and quality that makes this a standout for me. I can do a quick wash of colour for a natural office appropriate look or I can build it up to get a more glam look. I hate the packaging though. So flimsy and I wouldn’t want to travel with it because I know I would somehow damage it. Totally recommend.

This pallet is beautiful and I love that the shadows are so buttery and easy to blend. I also have the MR. I favor my MR over this one but this is a good pallet to have as well.

on 4/2/2018 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have Subculture and several of the single shadows but this is perfect for my day to day use; it's the ONLY formula that doesn't crease and wears all day on my oily lids. Yes, there's fall out but that will happen with any soft textured eyeshadow and you can't beat the pigment. Their single eye colors retail for $12 so it's a much better buy ( to me anyway) to go with a full palette like this.
I'm 45, light/medium and warm undertones; I'm also a natural redhead so super warm/ red shades ( ala MR) make me look like I have an eye infection. These are very neutral and understated with some shimmer options if you want to pop some on as an accent. At my age & with a more conservative work environment SG suits my needs nicely. There's also an option to go with a heavier smoky eye with the darker shades.
All in all I think this would be lovely on all shades of skin, eye shapes and warm, cool or neutral undertones.