Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

3.7

on 4/16/2018 5:46:00 PM

This is my 1st ABH eyeshadow palette so I can’t compared to MR and Subculture. The shades literally are “soft glam” can be used for a soft daytime look but also can create smokey intense looks for the night. There is 14 shadows 9 being matte & 5 shimmers. Really good pigmentation would recommend going in with a light hand ( I’m no MUA but it’s really pigmented) Bit of kick up in the palette but nothing to what I saw on videos about Subculture. Includes a small mirror. The velvet packaging feels and looks nice until in gets dirty the only let down. Comes with a dual ended brush which only the flat side is a good standard. £43 for the palette isn’t horrendous I guess either

I have the MR palette and a quad of singles from ABH. I think she puts out some quality shadows that are both pigmented and easy to blend. I do not like this palette, but it is mostly because of the shades in the palette. Both my daughter and I are light/neutral complexions with green/hazel eyes with dark brown hair and we both felt the same about this palette- meh. I realize makeup is subjective and everyone has different tastes, but I really dislike the palette as I don’t find anything special about it. The only shade I felt was unique and not something I all ready own was the rose gold, which is super pretty. If you don’t have any neutral palettes and your coloring is not similar to mine, you may really dig this product. For me it was a fail, and I am taking it back to Sephora.

I purchased both this and the Tarte Be a Mermaid palette and I MUCH prefer the Tarte, which is weird because it has received so much shade. Their are some really unique colors plus some standard shades that make it is really useable palette, at least for people with similar coloring.

on 3/22/2018 11:39:00 AM

I had to have the new Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eye Shadow Palette right when it came out. Soft Glam is a great name for this palette because you can use it to make some great subtle looks for daytime or kick it up a bit and make a more dramatic evening look. In my opinion there isn't one standout color and if you already have Modern Renaissance, Prism, or Subculture you probably already have several colors that are very close to many of the shades featured in Soft Glam. The texture of the shadows are pretty powdery and you will want to be careful to tap off to avoid fall out. This lasts well with an eye shadow primer and is very blendable and buildable. This is a decent palette but if I lost it I probably wouldn't purchase it again because of the similarities to the other palette that I already own. My detailed review and swatches can be seen here:

Video Reviews & Tutorials