Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 9/11/2018 1:04:00 PM

This warmer neutrals palette is a holy grail if, and *ONLY* if:

you're a more mature person, well into your thirties and upward, looking for an amazing, super-versatile, everyday palette for work. If you fit into this category, you'll enjoy the mattes and shimmers immensely. You won't get bored, as you can combine these in so many ways, always staying within that safe, work-appropriate spectrum. You can also dial these up for a sophisticated but intense smokey look for night.
If you belong to a younger crowd, this is a wonderful staples palette. If you can afford it, go for it- but consider this a base for your eyeshadow collection and not the star. You can count on this for perfect crease mattes and very chic metallic toppers. It will work great with other, more adventurous, palettes. You don't get exciting looks with this. If used alone, it will enhance your natural features in a soft glam way (yes, the name is very spot on), and that's pretty much it. But there's a lot to be said for excellent basics, so don't rule it out. If, however, you are looking for an affordable alternative so you can build your eyeshadow collection, Wet n Wild Color Icon palettes are great!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like many of you, I am a fan of ABH eyeshadow palettes. I bought Soft Glam even though I had several other warm-nude eyeshadow palettes. I went to the ABH store (I live in Romania, very close to a ABH salon that also sells their makeup range) to swatch the (back then) newly launched eyeshadow palette for a friend and I ended up buying the palette for myself.
The cardboard packaging is cute and sturdy, but the velvet front does stain easily - just like Modern Renaissance and Subculture. Two of the eyeshadows are repeats of the MR shadows. I don't mind that because they are lovely to use in the crease. The quality and application of the shadows is consistent throughout the palette. The eyeshadows apply better than Subculture (they also have better color payoff for the shimmers) and they kick back less than Modern Renaissance.
I am happy to have purchased it and I feel it would make a great gift for anyone who loves makeup, no matter their experience level.
Below is a link to my youtube video review with swatches.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Oh.... how I want to wax poetics about this. In my opinion, the best way to describe this product is an interesting neutral palette. There are handfuls and handfuls of your everyday bog standard neutral palette, but this is like the grown up sexy sister. You can definitely build this up for a super glam look, but the real beauty of this palette is when you go simple you can create the most beautiful dead easy looks for everyday.

My first ABH palette and the hype is true about the formula! Never have I owned eyeshadows that blend so well!

on 6/22/2018 11:45:00 PM

Love this palette! A beautiful collection of wearable colors, with a soft and blendable formula. Highly recommend!

I love this palette. HOLY GRAIL!! Defiantly going to repurchase. So many different looks you can do. The brush is really good well.

on 6/13/2018 7:34:00 AM

I love this palette. Easily my most used eyeshadow palette. There’s nothing wild about the selection of colours, it’s the versatility and quality that makes this a standout for me. I can do a quick wash of colour for a natural office appropriate look or I can build it up to get a more glam look. I hate the packaging though. So flimsy and I wouldn’t want to travel with it because I know I would somehow damage it. Totally recommend.

This palette is absolutely beautiful. You can either have a very soft natural look or you could have a going out look which is bolder. The consistency of it and the pigment is 10 out 10. I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my very first ABH eyeshadow palette, I was never drawn to her other ones because they didn't seem like colors I would wear on an everyday basis. These are the most blendable shadows I have ever owned, and I can actually use every single shade. I have seen people calling this palette boring but honestly you can create so many different looks and I've been using colors I never normally wear. I ended up throwing out 90% of my shadow collection after a few months of using these because this palette is all I need.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Without a doubt my favorite eyeshadow palette from ABH and quite possibly in general. I'm not overly thrilled about the packaging, but that doesn't away me either way. It's rare for me to find a palette that I can truly use/love every shade. ABH has the best formula (IMO) WHEN it comes to eye shadows and this doesn't disappoint. The texture is extremely buttery/creamy and ultra pigmented so you only need a small amount a time. They build beautifully and blend like a dream. You can create so many different looks ranging from cool,neutral, and warm. NOIR is probably the best black eyeshadow I have ever worked with. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here and say RUN DONT WALK for this GEM!!

This pallet is beautiful and I love that the shadows are so buttery and easy to blend. I also have the MR. I favor my MR over this one but this is a good pallet to have as well.