Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my very first ABH eyeshadow palette, I was never drawn to her other ones because they didn't seem like colors I would wear on an everyday basis. These are the most blendable shadows I have ever owned, and I can actually use every single shade. I have seen people calling this palette boring but honestly you can create so many different looks and I've been using colors I never normally wear. I ended up throwing out 90% of my shadow collection after a few months of using these because this palette is all I need.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Without a doubt my favorite eyeshadow palette from ABH and quite possibly in general. I'm not overly thrilled about the packaging, but that doesn't away me either way. It's rare for me to find a palette that I can truly use/love every shade. ABH has the best formula (IMO) WHEN it comes to eye shadows and this doesn't disappoint. The texture is extremely buttery/creamy and ultra pigmented so you only need a small amount a time. They build beautifully and blend like a dream. You can create so many different looks ranging from cool,neutral, and warm. NOIR is probably the best black eyeshadow I have ever worked with. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here and say RUN DONT WALK for this GEM!!

This pallet is beautiful and I love that the shadows are so buttery and easy to blend. I also have the MR. I favor my MR over this one but this is a good pallet to have as well.

on 4/16/2018 5:46:00 PM

This is my 1st ABH eyeshadow palette so I can’t compared to MR and Subculture. The shades literally are “soft glam” can be used for a soft daytime look but also can create smokey intense looks for the night. There is 14 shadows 9 being matte & 5 shimmers. Really good pigmentation would recommend going in with a light hand ( I’m no MUA but it’s really pigmented) Bit of kick up in the palette but nothing to what I saw on videos about Subculture. Includes a small mirror. The velvet packaging feels and looks nice until in gets dirty the only let down. Comes with a dual ended brush which only the flat side is a good standard. £43 for the palette isn’t horrendous I guess either

I have the MR palette and a quad of singles from ABH. I think she puts out some quality shadows that are both pigmented and easy to blend. I do not like this palette, but it is mostly because of the shades in the palette. Both my daughter and I are light/neutral complexions with green/hazel eyes with dark brown hair and we both felt the same about this palette- meh. I realize makeup is subjective and everyone has different tastes, but I really dislike the palette as I don’t find anything special about it. The only shade I felt was unique and not something I all ready own was the rose gold, which is super pretty. If you don’t have any neutral palettes and your coloring is not similar to mine, you may really dig this product. For me it was a fail, and I am taking it back to Sephora.

I purchased both this and the Tarte Be a Mermaid palette and I MUCH prefer the Tarte, which is weird because it has received so much shade. Their are some really unique colors plus some standard shades that make it is really useable palette, at least for people with similar coloring.

When I first saw a photo of this palette on instagram, I knew I had to have it. I was praying that ABH would come out with an eyeshadow palette to redeem its image after Subculture. Prism is not really my thing because of the color selection. Soft Glam promised all the neutral colors I enjoy wearing on a daily basis, plus the very shimmery shades that can be used to highlight the inner corner and the brow bone.
I am lucky enough to live very close to an ABH salon and I visit there often enough that the sales assistants allowed me to be the FIRST person in Romania to swatch!!! After swatching Rose Gold and Bronze, I knew I had to have the palette. I did take my time to go through all the shades and I realized that some of them are repeats of MR shades. These happen to be the crease shades I use often, therefore I have no issue with the repeat.
Almost two months later, I have been using the palette every single time I do my makeup because the color selection allows me to choose for a basic look or a super complicated one. I am still madly in love with the glitter shades, which are unique. I find that amazing, since I already own most of the ABH highlighter palettes. The brand continues to create excellent products that swatch well and look great on the eye, without patching or creasing.
Below is my video review :-) please feel free to watch and drop me a comment

continued >>

on 4/2/2018 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have Subculture and several of the single shadows but this is perfect for my day to day use; it's the ONLY formula that doesn't crease and wears all day on my oily lids. Yes, there's fall out but that will happen with any soft textured eyeshadow and you can't beat the pigment. Their single eye colors retail for $12 so it's a much better buy ( to me anyway) to go with a full palette like this.
I'm 45, light/medium and warm undertones; I'm also a natural redhead so super warm/ red shades ( ala MR) make me look like I have an eye infection. These are very neutral and understated with some shimmer options if you want to pop some on as an accent. At my age & with a more conservative work environment SG suits my needs nicely. There's also an option to go with a heavier smoky eye with the darker shades.
All in all I think this would be lovely on all shades of skin, eye shapes and warm, cool or neutral undertones.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this palette and returned it after two weeks as I couldn't fall in love with the looks/combos that I was getting. It's so strange though because the colours individually are so beautiful. I really don't like the fallout as well but I could live with that if I loved the looks that I got. I found myself getting bored already of using it and was wanting to reach for my Naked Heat palette. Also, the packaging is not good as it got dirty on the first use so I can just imagine how bad this will look over time. In the end, I ended up exchanging it and getting the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette which has a neutral colour range that looks so much more undeniably prettier on the eyes, even though the shadow quality isn't as good. Anyways, No regrets returning this sorry to say.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first ABH eye palette so I didnt know what to expect. But I did expected quite a lot seeing MUAs on Instagram and also my experience using many of their brows products.

A bit about my skintone. Im a pale asian with yellow undertone+hooded eyelids. I usually see MUAs/models who wear this palette on Instagram having a tanned or deep-warm skintone and super big eyes so I was curious how it will look on asians (yellow skintone+tiny eyes) like me. Turns out it looks fine!

The colors are so beautifully curated. The tone is subtle yet very gorgeous. You will not look cheap wearing this. Overall I love the palette and get compliments whenever I wear it. However, I was initially a bit disappointed with the pigments when I first used it. They arent so bad but I expected a lot more, seeing makeup looks from MUAs on instagram. Also there are some fallouts although I tapped out the excess several times before applying. So be careful. The good thing is the colors are long-lasting and dont smudge (but I use it along with an eyelid primer though. It's a must!)

Personally I travel quite often and I usually grab a to-go eyeshadow palette along with me. I wont be carryimg this due to the fallouts. Its performance can be improved by a decent eyeshadow primer, good brushes and q-tips ready to pick up any excess, which, will be a fuss for my travel. (I personally prefer MJB palette because the colors are very pigmented and super easy to blend, plus the packaging is very sleek and travel-friendly. You will get a decent look in no time. Highly recommended).

Generally I like the product. The price isnt expensive (and you get what you paid for, apparently) but the quality can be improved by a decent eyelid primer and good quality brushes. It is very gorgeous and you can get sweet and elegant looks from it. I will probably use this on the days I have time to layer, blend and sweep all the fallouts.

UPDATE: After using it often for a month and a half, I agree with other reviews said about the packaging, which gets dirty so easily. It's quite upsetting when you want your whole cosmetic shelf to look nice and clean. I mean, who wants to grab a smudging and dirty-looking eyeshadow pallette in the morning!? It kinda ruins my morning makeup ritual mood a bit. What I usually do is I directly spray makeup blush cleaner on where it gets dirty and rub (not pat---rub) the whole thing gently with a firm cotton pad. Now mine looks nice and new. But again, who wants to keep cleaning an eyeshadow palette every week?

Another thing I notice about the colors is that although they are really gorgeous, they are truly 'soft glam', meaning that the colors will give you a softly glamorous look, which suits a day-time makeup more than a night time look. Although there are some dark colors, even black, I had a hard time pulling a decent 'slaying' look for parties. What I usually get from the color combination are nice, sweet, charming, subtly glamorous girl. More like a lunch time date or afternoon tea time more than a 'a girls night out look or a dinner date. I will try to keep on experimenting, but from the color combination I doubt it would work. If you are looking for a day time, everyday, subtly sweet eyeshadow colors I would recommend you to go for it, if you can deal with all the flaws I mentioned above.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my first ABH palette . I do like it. The shimmers are pigmented and apply nicely , the mattes go on smooth and not chalky looking. I do find that there is a lot of kickback. When I dip my brush into the shadow, the shadow gets all over the palette. Since the packaging is a velvet type material, it gets dirty easily and hard to clean. Overall, I am glad I purchased this and I have worn it everyday since. Good amount of browns for my crease shade, and you can create many different looks with this.