Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35
Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like many of you, I am a fan of ABH eyeshadow palettes. I bought Soft Glam even though I had several other warm-nude eyeshadow palettes. I went to the ABH store (I live in Romania, very close to a ABH salon that also sells their makeup range) to swatch the (back then) newly launched eyeshadow palette for a friend and I ended up buying the palette for myself.
The cardboard packaging is cute and sturdy, but the velvet front does stain easily - just like Modern Renaissance and Subculture. Two of the eyeshadows are repeats of the MR shadows. I don't mind that because they are lovely to use in the crease. The quality and application of the shadows is consistent throughout the palette. The eyeshadows apply better than Subculture (they also have better color payoff for the shimmers) and they kick back less than Modern Renaissance.
I am happy to have purchased it and I feel it would make a great gift for anyone who loves makeup, no matter their experience level.
Below is a link to my youtube video review with swatches.

on 6/13/2018 7:34:00 AM

I love this palette. Easily my most used eyeshadow palette. There’s nothing wild about the selection of colours, it’s the versatility and quality that makes this a standout for me. I can do a quick wash of colour for a natural office appropriate look or I can build it up to get a more glam look. I hate the packaging though. So flimsy and I wouldn’t want to travel with it because I know I would somehow damage it. Totally recommend.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Without a doubt my favorite eyeshadow palette from ABH and quite possibly in general. I'm not overly thrilled about the packaging, but that doesn't away me either way. It's rare for me to find a palette that I can truly use/love every shade. ABH has the best formula (IMO) WHEN it comes to eye shadows and this doesn't disappoint. The texture is extremely buttery/creamy and ultra pigmented so you only need a small amount a time. They build beautifully and blend like a dream. You can create so many different looks ranging from cool,neutral, and warm. NOIR is probably the best black eyeshadow I have ever worked with. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here and say RUN DONT WALK for this GEM!!

When I first saw a photo of this palette on instagram, I knew I had to have it. I was praying that ABH would come out with an eyeshadow palette to redeem its image after Subculture. Prism is not really my thing because of the color selection. Soft Glam promised all the neutral colors I enjoy wearing on a daily basis, plus the very shimmery shades that can be used to highlight the inner corner and the brow bone.
I am lucky enough to live very close to an ABH salon and I visit there often enough that the sales assistants allowed me to be the FIRST person in Romania to swatch!!! After swatching Rose Gold and Bronze, I knew I had to have the palette. I did take my time to go through all the shades and I realized that some of them are repeats of MR shades. These happen to be the crease shades I use often, therefore I have no issue with the repeat.
Almost two months later, I have been using the palette every single time I do my makeup because the color selection allows me to choose for a basic look or a super complicated one. I am still madly in love with the glitter shades, which are unique. I find that amazing, since I already own most of the ABH highlighter palettes. The brand continues to create excellent products that swatch well and look great on the eye, without patching or creasing.
Below is my video review :-) please feel free to watch and drop me a comment

continued >>