Too Faced Life's A Festival Eye Shadow Palette

Too Faced Life's A Festival Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

I have so much love for this palette! The mattes are very pigmented and long-lasting, and the duochrome shimmers are beautiful (and surprisingly work-appropriate). I love the variety of looks that can be obtained using this, from subtle to stunning.

I too had to get this palette because of the duo chrome shadows. I also like how it had the highlighter with the shadows. Also I like fun shades and some of these colours are exactly what I like so I purchased this palette. I didn't have high expectations with this but turns out I love this and use it almost daily. One of my favorite shades are Beamin which I love as an inner eye highlight, My other favorite shade in this palette is Mystic Rain I think this is one of the best Duo's in the palette. The shift is just gorgeous. I have not had any issues with primers and this palette. I own a ton of eye primers and I switch them up and all the shadows apply no problem, nor do they get muddy on me either.

Artist Pass I adore I think it is one of the best shades and I don't own any dupes so I'm very happy with this shade. Euphoric, Rainbow Life, and Funtasy are such pretty shades to work with and I think this product is actually really good. I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of this palette. The scent to me reminds me of iced tea and it doesn't bother me at all. The adding of the rose quartz is kinda gimmicky but whatever the shadow are good and they apply easily. I like to use Bobby Browns eye base in shore with this and the colours look lovely and they last without creasing and minimal fading on me.

All in all I think this is a great palette if you like fun shades and good duo's because this has both. The added highlight is a nice touch and the packaging to me is too darn cute! I'm very happy with this palette its fun and has some great colours to work with. So for me I'm glad I have this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The first reviewer did a good job describing the actual colors, so I won't go there.

When I saw this palette in the Ulta mailer, I HAD to get it. I'm a major sucker for true duo-chrome (color-shift) eyeshadows, so when I saw the awesome selection in this palette, it was bought already.

I'd say there's 4 true dual-shift colors (as in a true two color shift, not just a Holo/glitter/metallic compliment in the same color); mystic rain, beamin', unicorn tears, & artist pass. Euphoric, Rainbow Life, Sunset Dream, Dusk Teal Dawn, and Fireflies are metallic, Young and Free, Desert Vibes, and Funtasy are heavily pigmented mattes. Fireflies is described as a golden-green, and even shows as green in the glamour guide insert, but I find it to be a yellow-gold, no green tinge.

I certainly don't consider it a one-done palette, I use it in conjunction with my ABH Prism palette, amongst others. I do use it often though. It's perfect for that highlight/pop color element to your eyeshadow look, certain to get compliments all day.

I was disappointed in the packaging. It could've been really cute, but ended up looking cheap.

Size is fine, although I'll update when I see the actual bottom of the pans. Was super excited about the size of the Unicorn Tears dual-shift highlighter, will get a lot of mileage out of that.

Would replace immediately, has several colors you can't get outside of indie brands (fyrinnae arcane magic comes to mind, but it's loose and harder to deal with).

Wore really well, but you have to use the right primer, or it'll go on patchy. Need something that is tacky but doesn't roll or crease. TF Shadow Insurance or Hard Candy primer, or even UDPP won't cut it. I actually use Clinique concealer, because it's super tacky until you set it with powder (shadow) then it doesn't move. The dry primers will roll it around your eye, and you'll get a muddy look.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Too Faced's Life's A Festival palette contains 12 powder eye shadows in three different finishes; Young & Free (matte bubblegum pink), Rainbow Life (vibrant coral pink shimmer), Sunset Dream (golden tangerine shimmer), Fun in the Sun (gold to green shift), Fireflies (gilded golden green), Funtasy (shimmer electric orchid), Dusk Teal Dawn (vibrant shimmering teal), Euphoric (peachy gold shift), Desert Vibes (matte warm caramel brown), Beamin' (pearl to gold shift), Mystic Rain (lavender to aqua shift), Artist Pass (teal to maroon shift). The larger pan at the bottom center of the palette is a duo chrome powder that is a highlight for the eyes and cheeks (Unicorn Tears - iridescent light blue to lilac shift).

You can technically make a variety of complete-look-in-one-palette looks with this palette as a couple of the shimmer shades contain only slight shimmer and are largely matte once applied [Rainbow Life and Funtasy], although the extremely small ratio of true-matte shades means that I do prefer to use some matte shades from another palette alongside this one to get the most out of it. Unicorn Tears does indeed make a poppy cheek highlight and you can use one of the lighter metallic shades as a fun cheekbone highlight - it is a 'happy times' festival palette, after all. I also think that the matte pink shade and shimmering pink & tangerine shades make pretty good blush shades, so this palette makes a great three-in-one product that is perfect to take whilst traveling.

Too Faced can be inconsistent when it comes to the formulas of their shadows, but the ones used for this palette are smooth and easy to work with; there is some fallout with the shadows, but that has never been a problem for me so long as the shadows apply and wear well, which these do [I have dry skin]. The formula is this palette contains rose quartz powder, which gives the shadows a gentle scent, which I can't fully describe as it is barely noticeable to me - if you're especially sensitive to fragranced makeup, then you might want to test the Life Is a Festival palette before buying it.

I'll buy this palette again if I lost as as most of the shades in it are unique to me. However I'm not totally happy with this the way that I have been with lots of my other Too Faced palettes; this is not a complete-look-in-one palette for 'everyday' looks as there are only two true matte shades in this palette, which is disappointing and could put some people of buying Life Is A Festival - a real shame, as their duo chrome/colour shift shades are stunning. There's no unwritten rule that every eye shadow palette has to be a one-and-done deal, but - call me lazy - I favour complete-look-in-one eye shadow palettes as I prefer not having to waste time when getting ready, with having to root through several palettes and singles to look for complementary base, highlight and crease and/or transition shades to pull everything together and "finish me off", whenever I want to wear shades from this palette.