Almay My Best Blend

No Image

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a decent color match but this foundation managed to find every line and crease on my face and settle in. It also showed me some vertical lip lines I never even knew I had. I’m 56 and wouldn’t recommend it if you have issues with foundation settling into wrinkles. I applied once with a brush and once with a beauty blender, same results both times. The sponge on the bottle is useless in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It took me two tries to get to the right color, but I got there!

I can’t tell if this is a foundation or a tinted moisturizer. It's definitely not a full coverage or even a medium coverage foundation, but it seems fuller than a tinted moisturizer and their website doesn’t specify.

The packaging is phenomenal - it's a squeeze tube and there’s an option to squirt it through the part with the blender, or you can untwist that and just squirt it out to apply with your fingers or brush. There’s a mild scent that I noticed more in the Porcelain and less in the Ivory that I got later. It’s kind of an old fashioned smell, but it's mild, I don’t mind it and it doesn’t linger. The product feels very nice, spreads nicely and blends beautifully. I set it with Maybelline Fit Me loose powder in Fair; I get an oily forehead by afternoon, but I get an oily forehead by afternoon when I’m not wearing anything, either.

It looks sublime, by the way. Like an effortlessly gorgeous, pulled together appearance. My skin is quite good anyway as I don’t have any major redness or spots to cover so I can’t say if it would cover those (I would guess not totally, by the way), but my dark circles definitely call for concealer. The porcelain tilted slightly yellow and obviously too pale, but Ivory is the perfect beige that I haven’t found in a few years (my mother's Lancôme is that color and it's gorgeous).