Cetaphil Extra Gentle Daily Scrub

Cetaphil Extra Gentle Daily Scrub

2.5

on 1/10/2019 4:56:00 PM

Not bad, but not great. This is a clear, gel-like cleanser with micro-particles that are so small they are basically invisible to the naked eye. That being said, you can feel them (barely) when you rub it into your skin - I'd describe it sort of like rubbing baking soda onto your skin - it's a very, very fine scrub. I'd say it's more of a daily cleanser than a scrub, and it does a decent job of gently cleaning your skin - it doesn't leave it tight or dry, but I am not sure it really does much to exfoliate either. As for the much-loathed scent...I don't get that. It's rather strong when you're using it, but rinses almost entirely away. I don't mind it - yes, it's sort of a plastic-baby powder scent, but if you are okay with powder scents, it's really not bad. The stuff is not worth repurchasing.

on 12/22/2018 7:41:00 AM

This is just so average to me. I don't feel it does much of anything. I realize it's supposed to be "extra gentle", but I don't feel it really exfoliates at all. It just feels like a cleanser. I get a little bit of stinging around my nose, but honestly, it's much less than what I get with regular Cetaphil. That stuff makes my face burn. I don't feel the hate for the fragrance that others seem to; in fact, until I read these reviews, I never even thought of the fragrance, and now I'll have to go give it a sniff to see if I think it smells like baby powder and plastic diapers. ;-) I will use it up as a morning cleanser in the shower. (But not every day, because I think it's a bit drying.) But for me, it's definitely not worth repurchasing.

on 10/12/2018 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow, this has such an overpowering baby powder & plastic diaper smell that makes me never want to purchase this again. As a scrub, it is very gentle and great for those with sensitive skin or using retinol. I use daily glycolic acid peel pads and OTC retinol at night so was looking for a daily microscrub to gently remove dry skin patches. This product works perfectly for my issues. But if you are looking for a coarse, deep scrub experience this prodcuct will not deliver. I would strongly recommend that you take a whiff of this product to see if you can deal with the horrid scent before purchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even comment on the performance, the smell is so bad. It's overpowering and reminiscent of the plastic powderish scent of baby diapers or new tires. Returning.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love cetaphil soap and i was looking for a daily facial scrub to help exfoliate the skin. other brands really either irritate my skin or are too rough. this is extra gentle as mentioned in the bottle. if you want a rougher scrub, this is not a product for you.

i recommend to massage or shake the container because I realized the the scrubbing beads were missing on first two squeezes. once massaged/shake I realized more scrubbing beads appeared.

At first, I thought it was too gentle, but I am using this every morning now for 2 months, I notice a difference in makeup application and radiance on my skin. on very oily days, I will use during my nightly shower. this is so gentle to use multiple times a day. and your skin does not feel dry either.

make sure to securely close the lid, I ended losing some product cause I did not hear the click.

You have to be patient to see results since this is very gentle, but now I am hooked. the price is good too.

on 3/14/2018 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm usually a fan of Cetaphil, but this is a pass. The scrub action is too gentle, meaning little to no dead skin is being sloughed off. It also contains fragrance and the fragrance ingredient heliotropine, which can irritate skin.