BECCA Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder

BECCA Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder
Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh PowderHydra-Mist Set & Refresh PowderHydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder

2.8

Aqua (Water/Eau), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethylsislesquioxane, Silica Silylate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Silica, Mica, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides).

It is an overall nice, light finishing powder. The expiration date listed is 6 months. I probably used it 5 times and after less than the expiration date listed the cooling sensation is gone. I think it has been only about 3 months. I did keep the lid closed tightly in a cabinet. Just something to note that the main cooling feature of the product will be gone very quickly so it is best to use if this is your only powder. It seems the hydrating feeling would be most beneficial in the winter time. There isn't a lot of product compared to other powder brands out there and $38 is a lot for the little amount of product. I do like the mesh delivery system instead of the usual sifter. I did notice some weird black spot on the mesh. Hope it isn't mold since I am not sure how that mark could have gotten on there.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I bought this powder to experience the wet effect, I was super excited! It feels just like you would imagine! But afterwards, you do feel a bit of a weird residue, especially if it gets on your hands. It almost feels a bit sticky but dry at the same time. The powder is so fine that it gets everywhere every time you open it up, even with the cool mesh net.

After maybe two weeks it stopped feeling wet, and I just had a normal powder. Once I used it up (which didn't take too long because you don't get a ton of product), I switched back to my regular powder. The Becca Hydra-Mist just made me appreciate my usual powder even more. No weird sticky feeling, no guilt about buying such an expensive powder.

I enjoyed trying it but was left overall feeling left extra unsatisfied for falling for such a gimmicky product. Hard pass!

on 8/8/2018 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So first impression wise, this powder is great because it sets and hydrated. It is great for dryer, dehydrated skin types because regular setting powders make me feel as if all the moisture has been sucked out. Problem: while the cooling effect is powerful when it’s first opened, as it is being used, the cooling effect begins to fade away and I keep the jar tightly closed and stored at room temperature in a drawer with no exposure to sunlight. You also get little product for the price; the jar looks half empty.

on 8/2/2018 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This was fun for a while, until it wasn’t. I’m perfectly happy with my NYX mineral setting powder, but this caught my eye, and I fell in.

As the previous reviewer stated, the packaging is smart; it has a flip sifter lid which would be nice for travel, the the whole product makes for a bulky package.

The color and finish were fine on my NC40 skin, usually over a tinted sunscreen or Armani Face Fabric.

The gimmick: when you dipped your powder brush into the product and applied it, it was quite literally like splashing you face with cool water. Fun, right? And, this effect was supposed to last if one is religious about closing the package as directed. Alas, the fun lasted about a month, and now the cooling sensation is gone, and the remaining balance of the product (about 1/2) is dryer and a bit chalky. It’s not the most inexpensive product, so I think you could skip this one if you’re looking for a solid, consistently performing product.

on 8/1/2018 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

When I used it to set my whole face my foundation had definitely oxidized and looked darker at the end of the day. My under eyes didn’t look or feel more hydrated compared to other powders that I use but it does feel cool. I still use it around my nose sometimes or on my chin but this powder just doesn’t play well with my full face of foundation.

I really love the packaging. This lid has space between the sifter, even if too much product comes out, once you dip your brush, in the excess will fall back through the mesh net.

It doesn’t come with a lot of product for $38. I guess it will last a good while for me since I won’t be using it on my whole face. I honestly thinks its a novelty that may be interesting to try out, but not a must have and I wouldn’t repurchase.

The Becca Hydra Mist Set and Refresh Powder is a very interesting product. It feels nice when you apply it, it feels like you got a little drizzle of water on your face. I just haven't had the best look using this as my initial setting powder because I found that it isn't quite translucent so you can see that it has slightly altered the shade of foundation or skin underneath. I noticed that some of this collected around my hairline. Perhaps the brush I use is not the way to go but haven't found a better way to apply this yet. I will keep this but use it to refresh my makeup during the day or before going out for the evening.

First of all, I love the feeling it gives to the skin when applied. It truly feels wet. It sets my makeup for about 5,6 hours. I found it better applied with a beauty blender. When I used a brush it caked up on my skin. Now I just press it into the skin and it looks beautiful. I have cystic acne and so far this powder has not aggravated my situation at all. If you can afford it I say go for it.

PS: Do NOT use this for under the eyes. It has a slight tint so it darkens your under eye area and that doesn't look pretty.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This didn't work for me. When I applied it in the t-zone on top of just pore-smoothing primer it piled up and emphasized my pores and I had to re-do my makeup. It has a slight tint which can be noticeable. I used it on my forehead, cheeks and chin and half-way through the day I saw that my foundation (Shiseido Luminous Glow) was all caked up. It was a very bad makeup day and an expensive mistake. The cooling/hydrating effect seems like a gimmick, I used to have MAC illuminating powder with the same effect. I'm going back to my favourite setting powder By Terry or MUFE Micro HD.