LA Girl Pro Matte Foundation

LA Girl Pro Matte Foundation

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

excellent foundation, blur my pores, controls my oily skin, it lasts on me 10 hours, price on point.

on 7/21/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I ordered this online at HB Beauty bar. I took a chance with my shade based on you tube reviews. I got the shade golden bronze. It feels light on the skin and comfortable.This color is deep yellow with a slight orange undertone not too orange in my opinion but suited my skin tone just right. I use soap and glory one heck of a blot primer with this and it comes out beautiful. I moisturize, apply primer and then apply the foundation. I have combination/oily skin and combination/dry depending on the season. I use a damp sponge with this to add hydration as it can be a tad bit drying on my skin since I use lots of acne fighting cleansers on my face. A flat top brush gives a fuller coverage. I dampened the brush with water and squeeze out the excess water when I use a brush to add more hydration. It wears well throughout the day and looks flawless. This foundation has great staying power. Everything you put on top of this foundation comes out beautiful and doesn't get removed as you apply your concealer powder, and hightlighter. Its definitely become one of my favorite foundations!!!!!!!!

I’m pleasantly surprised by this foundation! I’m a foundation fanatic and love trying out new ones, this one intrigued me for some reason, so I ordered one through BeautyBay.
My skin type: normal to combo. I prefer foundations with matte/satin matte finish and light to medium coverage.
Skin tone: around NC10, with yellow-olive undertones. The best match I’ve ever found was Becca UCC in Shell.
Shade: I got the lightest shade, Ivory, because I knew the second lightest shade will be too dark. There’s a huge jump between them.
I knew also “Ivory” will be too neutral for me but I made it work by applying green primer (it adds the green hue I need since I’m olive) and setting foundation with pale yellow powder (which obviously adds yellow). I achieved a really good match!
Coverage: medium at best. I was surprised because for some reason I was expecting medium-full. I totally don’t mind it though- I like when my skin peeks through. It feels super lightweight too.
Finish: matte, but not drying.
Lasting power: another very pleasant surprise, it lasts very well throughout the day, doesn’t wear off from my nose like most foundations, keeps me shine free.
I’ve tried many foundations in the last 10 years, so it’s hard to impress me. This one gets a solid 4, for the price it’s worth trying. I’ll buy it again, this time I consider getting more shades to add to my freelancing kit. I wish the shade range was better though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has become one of my favorite foundations that I own! It gives you that soft matte look, without sucking the life out of your face. I love the pump that comes with, making it easy to apply. I have oily skin, and it does a pretty good job at keeping my oils at bay for a good amount of time. If you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend this because it can make your dry patches look much worse. If it's winter time, I try to avoid using this at all costs. For $9, this is a great deal and I'll definitely buy more of it!

on 3/19/2018 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS. I really do. It makes me so excited to finally found another foundation that I love. That doesn't happen too often cause I'm so damn picky..

This foundations glides on my skin like a dream. With a mattifying primer this is a true matte but with a lovely soft focus finish that I actually never really found in a foundation before. Without a mattifying primer this has the lovely suede finish they talked about on the bottle. Highlighter looks stunning on this foundation.

This is amazing for textured skin, I found that with a pore filler primer, I actually look poreless. Like, airbushed.
It surprises me how this is buildable without getting cakey.
Normaly I wear one coat in other foundations because otherwise it will make all my pores and fine lines just so much worse. Not cute..
With this I can easily wear 2 layers and it still looks natural and smooth.

I find the coverage really good.. Maybe it's different for everybody but this covers my freckles and redness so good. To me it's a true high medium-full coverage foundation. Double wear (Which I find cakey and don't like) can't cover my imperfection like this can. To me the coverage is on the same level as the YSL all hours foundation.

The first time I tried this foundation I mixed it in with L'oreal pro matte, just to make sure this would last, I had a long day in the sun and no time for touch-ups, which made me a little bit nervous.. (Oily combo skin)
So at the end of the day when I finally could check out my foundation I was expecting a cakey mess with foundation swimming inside every single oily pore. But NO!
It stayed in place perfectly without any fading or shine, I was so pleased to see how this looked.
This really gives me more confidence and I love how this looks in daylight.

Because the two foundations mix so well together I keep wearing it this way, but I do mix in more of this one than the L'oreal one.

Will definitely purchase this product again and I do recommend it!

on 3/13/2018 6:39:00 PM

Picked this up Saturday because I’m Always up To try a new foundation. I got it at ulta for no more than $10. I got the shade light tan. The bottle is super deceiving because this was way too dark for me. However the packaging is super nice. If you’re into packaging, you’ll Appreciate this. And it has a pump. My skin is normal to dry but can get shiny throughout the day. I put this on and tried to Make the color work With some Concealer highlighting to lighten. It’s definitley not a lot of coverage. I went over my cheeks (problem area) three times and still wasn’t getting the coverage I wanted but just went with it. My boyfriend liked the color but I felt Too dark. I also thought this was pretty drying so if you’re really oily and looking for
Light to slight medium coverage you might like this. I contemplated keeping it and making the color work but picked up a lighter shade. It was okay coverage for work although i prefer just a touch more. However the reason I took it back again and won’t repurchase: it broke me out. The other foundation they have did the same thing however that one gave me white heads and this one gave me pimples by my mouth. I was hoping it wouldn’t happen since it’s a different formula, but I didn’t want to chance breaking out anymore and the few pimples by my mouth came about after wearing this foundation two days in a row so I just took it back instead of trying it some more. I don’t really have sensitive or acne prone skin either so idk what it is about la girl foundations that break me out but I’m most Likely not going to try them ever again.