Thierry Mugler Alien Flora Futura

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As soon as I saw this pop up on Ulta.com I had to get it. The original Alien EDP is my signature fragrance, and I really like most of the Alien flankers that I have smelled, but something about the description and the bottle for Flora Futura made me sure that this would be a safe blind buy. Like the previous reviewer said, it is clear that it is part of the Alien family, but it is a completely new take on the DNA of Alien in my opinion. The cactus flower is the star of the show here, making this a more feminine and classic-style Alien than some of the previous flankers, though the soft woods and amber are still there underneath the blooming cactus goodness. It has an almost powdery feeling to it that makes it feel somewhat softer and closer to the skin, so it doesn't project all over the zip code like Alien can, though there is still a good amount of silage. For being an EDT it does wear pretty well on me, though not nearly as well as Alien EDP, which I can still smell sometimes the following day. Flora Futura is a great spring and summer Alien that doesn't rely too much on citrus; there is a bit of a citrus note, but it is more complimentary than in previous flankers like Eau Sublime or Eau Extraordinaire. Also, can we talk about this freaking gorgeous bottle? IMHO it encapsulates the scent perfectly, as it has the same shape as the original Alien talisman but comes in a more subdued, girly color. All in all, I am very happy with this purchase, and this will be a scent that I reach for a lot during the warmer months.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It's magnificent. Very possibly Mugler's best Alien flanker so far. It does have Alien DNA but it's so beautiful it deserves its own title. The bottle is charming, but Flora Futura could also be comfortable in Aura's bottle. I have some perfumes with the intoxicating smell of cactus flowers, but, I must say, Mugler's captures this mesmerizing aroma better than anybody else. I ordered directly from Mugler's website. I have no idea when or if it will come to any US department stores or boutiques, but this company will be missing out on massive sales if it doesn't. If you love cactus flowers, do NOT miss this scent. Get it right from the website! On my skin this smells extremely similar to Mugler Aura, but with a stronger white flower accord.

Popular Fragrances