MILANI Make It Dewy Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This formula is really an issue and definitely not as good as the make it last version milani carries. It made my face very sticky and added way too much glow to the point where I just looked oily. Something about it reminded me of sunscreen, in the way it felt heavy and greasy on the face. Then, the nozzle just gets entirely clogged up and it squirts out instead of misting. I even tried putting it in another spray bottle (the amazing pixi one) and it clogged up that nozzle too!

But if you're looking for a glowy spray, the pixi glow mist and the hard candy primer spray are both amazing.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love the way this makes my makeup look, and how it feels on the skin but there's something off with the formula with how it sprays. Had issues with iffy spraying from the nozzle and assumed I just got a dud bottle or something so I thought to just pop the lid and pour it into my travel spray bottle (one with an amazing fine mist btw) and....... same issue. Lol. I paid 17 dollars for this? Like the nyx spray is only 12 and it actually works as it should. I love the effect the make it dewy gave but I literally have to use so much product to get an "even" mist.. Milani do better.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This feels high end. The mister is divine, the best at this price point. It's light and airy. The light floral smell isn't overpowering. This is best for dry skin. It can feel greasy on the skin due to the silicones in it, but it quickly goes away once it dries. There is no glitter or shimmer. You just look dewy! It's not the best at setting your face. I find I get the best result if I lightly set my t zone and center of my face with powder then spray this. This keeps me from looking dry and crusty. I stopped wearing powder highlight because it looked dry. Not only does this keep it from looking like crepe paper, but it makes it POP. It melts powder into the skin. The only reason it's getting a 4/5 instead of a 5/5 is because Pixi's Rose Makeup Fixing Mist is my all time favorite, but I can't bring myself to pay nearly $20 for it. However, Make it Dewy may become my new number one.

I think the only thing I liked was how fine the mist was when I sprayed it.

I have dehydrated skin. Some makeup products can make me oily AF. I'm not sure if it's my skins reaction to an ingredient or not. But it made my skin get oily through out the day. So my foundation separated midday and was nowhere to be found at the end of the day.

Others seem to love this though. So if you don't have my problems give it a try.

Honestly I really do love this stuff. I find it sets my makeup so well and it's really been the only one besides the NYX spray that works amazing. And I find I don't get any creasing especially under my eye when I use it. It smells nice. I find it really sets my mascara too lmao! The ONLY issue I have is how powerful the pump is, likeeeee I have to spray it far then just waft it in my face, and I also find it really expensive for how small the bottle is, $15.00. But don't despair, it's really good and I do recommend it 100%!

I actually really love this setting spray, but until they get their packaging/formula right I don't think I will repurchase. The product itself is so great- lightweight, has a light fresh scent that dissipates quickly, full of ingredients I want to use on my skin (caffeine, vitamin E, watermelon extract), very soothing, and definitely helps my makeup last longer. The finish is dewy but not overly so; it takes away any powdery look and gives you such a beautiful, natural finish to your makeup. However, the sprayer was completely erratic- sometimes I would get a nice mist, but others it would get clogged and come out funky and way too heavily in one area. Not cool. I was convinced it was the crappy spray top they were using, so I pried it open (not easy at all by the way) and tried putting it into my empty NYX setting spray bottle, which alway sprays reliably. To my dismay it did the same thing in that bottle. It's like the formula is just slightly too thick for the sprayers. I hope they will fix this issue! I really want to keep buying it, but if it doesn't work in any of my other bottles or the bottle it comes in, I just can't justify repurchasing at this time.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Just bought this cause i needed a new setting spray and wanted to also try it out . Heard really good reviews from youtubers on this one and the other setting spray make it last. Loved how this set my makeup really well and did make my makeup last all day. And tested it out in Texas (south) weather and worked really well.

The days I have worn this, I looked worse than I do with no makeup. It melts down my foundation and my green NYX concealer. By 9 am I had big red naked splotches on my face. I almost never return stuff but this is going back!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The product itself is fine, not the best I've used, but not the worst. Dries down quickly and does leave a nice dewy finish. However, the packaging - I don't know whether I have a faulty sprayer or what but it is the worst sprayer I have ever used. Spritzes out in all directions and keeps getting clogged so it then just squirts out one thick line of product! And I cannot seem to find a way to take the top off to transfer to another bottle that actually sprays well! So frustrating, only reason why I would NOT repurchase, it's just too much of a hassle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edit: I bumped this up to 4 lippies since I really like it despite the alcohol denat. My make up looks more natural WITHOUT leaving it greasier throughout the day.
----------
I chose Make It Dewy over Milani's Make It Last version despite having oily skin. My reasoning was quite simple: they both have relatively similar ingredient lists - but the Make It Last contains much more alcohol denat. This is a huge con in a lot of setting sprays on the market. Alcohol denat tends to be drying & irritating for sensitive skin. The Make It Dewy does contain alcohol denat but its content is much lower. Another reason is Make It Last contains castor oil while Make It Dewy does not. Castor oil is a nightmare for my skin.

I find it interesting Milani included a decent amount of caffeine in this formula. Caffeine in skincare products supposedly depuffs the skin and perks it up. I don't see it too often, let alone in a drugstore brand. Putting it in a setting spray is sort of brilliant. Niacinamide is also high up on the list which a lot of people love for brightening + antioxidant effects.

I love that this dries down to nothing...because I have oily skin. It just takes away the powdery finish of my make up. But I think most dry skinned ladies will be left disappointed in the lack of moisture this provides. Price-wise this is a lot less expensive than most on the market because you are getting 2 oz.

Regardless of the pros, this isn't a perfect product. It still contains alcohol denat, which I could look past if it were otherwise decent. Other threats on the ingredient list include: coconut byproducts, tocopheryl acetate, and fragrance. Plenty of people can use them with no issue but these three do irritate my sensitive skin.

Ingredient list: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Methyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caffeine, Caprylyl/Capric Glucoside, Hydrogenated Poly ( C6-14 Olefin), Benzophenone- 9, Alcohol Denat., Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Achillea Millefolium extract, Artemesia Absinthium Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Sorbate, Citrulline, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 33 (CI 17200).